Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » #3 on the list down « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Davemarc
Username: Davemarc

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in delray today,and the McMillan school is down.The back wall was the only thing left standing when I went by.Anyone know when it was closed?I seem to recall seeing a "school of excellence award"on the wall from 1998.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been gone for a couple weeks at least.

Davemarc

Post Number: 132
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its been at least a week since I was on that side of town.Do you live in that area?

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I don't. I think I noticed it on the 26th or 27th.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last time I was there was in fall of 2006. It looked like a bomb detonated in the rear of the school, as a large part of the wall had exploded backwards.

Has anyone ever played the original Silent Hill for PSone? The school and it's surrounding neighborhood totally remind me of McMillan and it's surrounding neighborhood. I actually would go visit McMillan on cold, snowy nights and walk around the area, pretending to be in the game. It sounds creepy, and it really, really was, but I wanted the experience to be just like in the video game, and I wasn't dissapointed!

Davemarc

Post Number: 134
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never played that game,but many places have that same feel.The packard in the winter has a very" b" movie vibe to it.I think the last time I was in McMillian was 2002/3?It was still pretty intact,the windows where out,but it still had a roof.

Navi
Username: Navi

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, Mcmillan makes 1, and the apartments that were gone before the list even came out makes 2...what's the 3rd one?

Davemarc

Post Number: 135
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mcmillan was third on lowells list.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.