Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » WHY? » Archive through January 05, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 417
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathinozarks stated....
quote:

Meanwhile, let me just say that Blacksoulx usually comes on these type threads with one post just to get these type responses. Notice how he/she will mostly only post one comment with the word Amerikkka in it at least once? What is the word for someone like that? Is it 'troll'? I call it a rabble rouser. Best to ignore and not get pulled into a 'race' thing.

Perhaps some introspection is in order...your last post provokes more of a response than what I stated. Your use of a personal attack to provoke a response is at work__go figure!

Nonetheless, I think you should go back up the thread and re-read my response. It is not meant to be a provocative post.

The reality is, most 'basic white people' don't care to look beyond their cozy 'amerikkkan' perception to understand the externalization of white supremacy as it relates to the Black experience.

There has been several times in my life, a so-called 'amerikkkan', (educated, law-abiding Black African), that my face has been pushed into the dirt of 'amerikkkas' soil, simply because of my Blackness.(What other reason could it be!)

If a cop were to offer me a ride home or something similar to it, (after a so-called assumed suspicion), I would be highly sceptical of his action. To be sure, I'm a rational thinking Black African, but I can see how a young naive brotha' with a pessimistic view about the institution of oversee'ers, could be terrified by being within the exclusion of white authority.

On the surface it appears the young brotha was in fear. I understand the fact that fear becomes a steady companion within the presence of white oversee'ers.

Reversely, there have been several post on this forum about white people making negative assumptions and drawing naive conclusion toward the possible act of harm within the Black experience, ie: (Black homeless, and Black youth downtown and along the Woodward corridor.) In most cases the poster involved (basic white person), is applauded for his brave action of fear, without being castigated for his choice of actions.

While it is truly unfortunate that the cop lost his life, it can be understood that the cop did/or was not exhibiting a typical police practice. Would it not have been safe for both the cop and the young brotha if the cop had taken his accuser into custody and followed the correct protocol of an arrest.

My presumption holds to the point, that because of the uncharacteristic manner to which the cop operated may/or could have been perceived by the young brotha as peculiar. At such point fear may have become a steady companion. In the light of that instance, we should not be so quick to judge the perceived inappropriate reaction of the young Brotha.

Again, there has been a history of systemic abuse in the hands of the law by the white oversee'ers of this country in an effort to impose their power within the Black experience.

If the courts prove that the young brotha' acted in a inappropriate manner with no defense, then he should be locked up and served for his actions. Until then, lets not let your inherited hatred of Black men surface with such obvious distaste.(hanging and lynching statements)

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting for!

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of prejudicial treatment of the accused, prior to trial.....

It would be helpful - for someone passing judgement on a murdered policeman - to possess knowledge of the juvenile justice system; specifically: procedures/options (at the disposal of law enforcement) pertinent to custody of a youthful detainee.

(Message edited by chuckjav on January 01, 2009)

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Would it not have been safe for both the cop and the young brotha if the cop had taken his accuser into custody and followed the correct protocol of an arrest."

Oh, ok, so if the cop had handcuffed this poor young naive brotha' (with a pessimistic view about the institution of oversee'ers,) He wouldn't have been terrified about being within the exclusion of white authority.

I may have missed it, but where did anything say the boy was under arrest?

Oh , I see , You want all young Brothas to be handcuffed, because of a history of systemic abuse in the hands of the law by the white oversee'ers, we cannot trust the young Brothas to behave?

And if the boy was so naive about riding in police cars, Why wasn't he just as stupid about handguns? Why didn't he just sit back there and cry until he was returned to family members?

"While it is truly unfortunate that the cop lost his life" let us not be too hard on the poor
'young naive brotha' It is obvious he has read some of Blksoul_x's postings, and truly was confused beyond belief

Blksoul_x, Your use of a personal attack to provoke a response is at work__go figure!
Using words like,'basic white people', 'amerikkka', 'oversee'ers','white supremacy' etc. keep you on some of them's good side for sure_go figure But I don't buy into all that crap, maybe someday you won't either!

Me_thinks someday we'll see just how much of a (educated, rational thinking Black African AMERICAN) you will become!

And I'll say it again, because in your heightened Black experience, you failed to acknowledge that you even seen it on your roll call thread, Belated Happy Holidays to you!

All my best to Rasputin too!

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 571
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

" heard from an officer (in a different city) that it was his understanding that this was not a scuffle. The Oak Park cop was shot in the head, execution-style, and had begged for his life"
quote from Birdwomen

It looks like there may be something to this. the prosecutor is filing 1st degree murder charges against this youth. If what was described was the case words can't describe the heartbreak for all involved.

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1346
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"""Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor Ken Frazee said Belton assaulted a Detroit Public Schools officer in 2006 and was caught carrying a concealed gun illegally last year in an incident not connected with Sunday’s shooting. Wright Blake, Belton’s attorney, told Gubow that his client is not on probation."""

For the Love of God...someone hand me a machete.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5326
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But he is such a GOOD boy. A real church-going young gentleman. He was just confused and naive.

Chuckjav

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope...I pray that someone in the defendant's peanut gallery says or does something to earn a contempt charge...please!

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 804
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

English,

Who here said it was a black thing?

The only person to inject race into this was Blksoul_x. I guess this was a case of pre-emptively throwing the race card?

Firstandten

Post Number: 573
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bet as information comes out we are going to find out that Belton is probably a bad seed and the family couldn't do anything with him, which is most likely the reason he was going between DPS and Ferndale alternative ed and Detroit and Oak Park.

By the family claiming what a good boy he was gives you some insight into the parenting skills of that family. The family would have been better saying nothing quotable.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 340
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor Ken Frazee said Belton assaulted a Detroit Public Schools officer in 2006 and was caught carrying a concealed gun illegally last year in an incident not connected with Sunday’s shooting. Wright Blake, Belton’s attorney, told Gubow that his client is not on probation."

"I'm shocked. He's a good kid. That's out of his character," said Belton's aunt, Lodonn Nash.

Perhaps Auntie Lodonn has not been the best of role models?

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 177
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The whole notion of defending this punk's actions on the basis of AMERIKKA or whatever nonsense is out of order. And yes you are defending his action by referring to this. If the country is as racist and there is a white supremacy mentality than why didn't McCain win? But of course that is off the subject. The real problem here is preception. Young black men have a very negative preception towards them. Sure some of it is unfair, and some of it is all based on how they carry themselves. This whole hip-hop, me against the world lifestyle is careless, disobedient, and not a proper lifestyle to live. I was driving from the northern suburbs to the airport the other day. All the new bridge overpasses along I94 downtown that were prettied up for the Super Bowl all have graphiti on them. The graphiti did not end until I reached Dearborn. Now did every young black man in that area spray paint the bridges? Of course not. But you can see how preception can make a person think that every young black man in that area would do a thing like that.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 204
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I mentioned earlier, I have a family member with inside knowledge of this horrible incident. The young punk did indeed have the gun AGAINST the head of the officer, while the officer tried to talk him out of pulling the trigger.
He had ample time to consider what he was about to do, and pulled the trigger deliberately.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 441
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Against his head, or from fifty feet away, He's a Cop Killer either way!.

Did he know better? Maybe not according to our friend above, and if that is true, then the real blood is on the hands of his family, among other bizarre influences!
But I believe he did know better, maybe just a little misguided about how much he could get away with!

" If a cop were to offer me a ride home or something similar to it, (after a so-called assumed suspicion), I would be highly sceptical of his action"

That is a sad commentary from a self proclaimed "rational thinking Black African"

But I hold my opinion the same in all cases, The color/race and or lifestyle/upbringing of either the kid or the officer has nothing to do with the final outcome, a major crime has been committed, and he needs to be held accountable!

"lets not let your inherited hatred of Black men surface with such obvious distaste.(hanging and lynching statements)"

Blksoul_x,
I am proud to tell you that I have an inherited hatred of anybody that pulls a stunt like this, and I for one would have no trouble watching anyone, be it Black, White, Male or Female, Be put down in any manner deemed fit by our laws!

We are talking about SCUM here ! why should it bother me, It didn't bother the accused to watch the cop go down, did it?

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 179
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just love how we can spin an issue like this around until there is no end. He killed a cop, he was punk before he murdered this cop, if set free, he will kill again, he should have noose hung around his neck. End of story. And the cop's widow should sue this dirtbag's mother for everything she has. If I were her I wouldn't stop until the bitch was pennyless and forced to live on the street. She afterall is a failure as a mother and a human being to raise a son who would do something like this.

Gdub
Username: Gdub

Post Number: 274
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No lenience. The parents failed, the kid has to go down.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 343
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't blame the parents!

I don't blame his parents for HIS actions, just like I don't blame the parents of the Highland Township piece of shit that fatally stabbed and raped his sister.

Jcole

Post Number: 5365
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do. Why the hell did they have a 17 year old girl sharing a bedroom with a 19 year old boy? Don't they have a couch?

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 657
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To let this man (and the one that killed his sister) live is a disgrace to the dignity of the human life, especially those lives they so evilly and unforgivingly took. The evidence is non-refutable and they have both confessed. Michigan needs to "institute" the Death Penalty. Life has value; those who take it don't.

Firstandten

Post Number: 579
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel as parents you are responsible for the actions of your minor children. After the child reaches 21 or the age of majority parents should not feel any responsiblity for the actions of their children.

Of course if their child does something truly bad they were probably lousy parents, but the child is of the age where they understand there are good and bad decisions and there are consequences to both.

Thames

Post Number: 344
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lousy parents, good parents, whatever. By the time you are 16, you know damn well that shooting someone in the head is wrong, let alone a cop. Also by the time you are 19, you know it is wrong to stab and rape someone, let alone your sister. Period.

Personal responsibility. Leave the parents out of it.

Jcole

Post Number: 5380
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At 16, the kid was still a minor. His parents should have at least known where the hell he was, and maybe instilled a few values, like maybe, oh, I don't know, the value of human life?
At 19, the kid knew right from wrong, but why were the parents allowing him to share a room with a 17 year old girl? They must be just stupid, aside from being lousy parents.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 664
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re: a 19 year old boy sharing a room with a 17 year old girl:

They are (were) brother and sister. Generally the killing of one's sibling is not on the mind of most parents.

Even if they didn't share a room, what would have stopped him from walking in an unlocked door and killing her? Should parents provide door locks for each room? Hall monitors?

Jcole

Post Number: 5385
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I can say is at 17, I sure as hell wouldn't have WANTED my brother sharing my room. I think a girl that age dressing and undressing with her brother in the room is incongruous to say the least. For one thing, teenage girls need privacy, and for another, it would just be weird.

Thames

Post Number: 347
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly Retroit.

Sharing cramped quarters with your *SISTER*, should not in any way cause you to stab and rape her.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Thames

Post Number: 348
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa! Wait a minute! Now, hold on! THEY WERE UNDRESSING AND DRESSING IN FRONT OF ONE ANOTHER?

Yeah, that changes everything. What's your source?

Jcole

Post Number: 5386
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you read what I said, I didn't state that this particular brother and sister were undressing in front of each other, but where do you get ready for bed? On the front porch? My point it that kids over the age of puberty should not be sharing a room with any child of the opposite sex. Have you never heard of incest? Do you think it never happens? My father was a cop for many years, and came across many cases where an older brother would sexually abuse his sister under the guise of experimenting. It's just not a healthy practice.

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 517
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both of the cases of the Oak Park murder, and the Highland Township murder, are clear examples of our failed society.

Yes, the teens were probably not raised properly in one way or another. But do you even realize how little parents are permitted to do these days? Thinking about being a tough love parent, and spank your child? Better think again, because Child Protective Services will be at your doorstep in 5 minutes!

Going the soft 'time-out' and sit in the corner route? Well, let the 'Super-Nanny' technique run its course, and chances are we will continue to see cases like these happening more than during our grandparents' era.

So, those of you above who wishes to point fingers solely at the parents - Understand that as parents you are in a Catch-22 situation. Give your child a good spanking -> Ends up in court. Don't spank your kid -> Ends up in court. The difference is when.

Jcole

Post Number: 5391
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never indicated that it was 'solely' the parents fault. I think both of the creeps should spend a lifetime in jail, but I think parents have a responisibility to keep our children safe. A dead daughter and a son in jail doesn't seem like it lives up to that requirement.

Darwinism
Username: Darwinism

Post Number: 518
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No doubt about it, ALL parents absolutely have the responsibility to raise their kids to be GOOD citizens.

If we can all agree with this simple principle, then GIVE the parents and the teachers in our community the ABILITY to do so.

This past week allowed us the chance to really examine what we have done to our society. If there is anyone to blame, the fingers ought to be pointed at ourselves - ALL of US.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 377
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A lot of assumptions are being made here. The news reports that they lived in a mobile home park, and that the son was home from boot camp, so we don't know if he was permanently living there with them or if he just came home on leave and had to share a room with his sister briefly. Sharing a room doesn't mean they were undressing in front of each other, that is an issue much deeper than just being forced to share a room.

Darwinism, I totally agree!