Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » 93-year-old freezes to death after utility cuts power « Previous Next »
Archive through January 26, 2009Cheddar_bob30 01-26-09  9:35 pm
Archive through January 27, 2009Gumby30 01-27-09  8:43 pm
Archive through January 28, 2009Sumas30 01-28-09  12:42 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Cheddar is on point. Its a shame the guy died, but thats certainly not the fault of the utility company.

On a side note. While everyone is concerned about the poor man who died, what about the conversation that is evoked when people talk about high gas bills? Without fail, you will hear a comment within 30 seconds about having to subsidize the deadbeats who don't pay their bills.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 218
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carolcb, I agree with you 100%. For this poor man to live 93 years, survive going to war, etc, only to die from the cold in his own home is a crime. I understand the ultility company's are in the business of making money and all that, but there is no defense for what happened to this man. There should be some law that prevents this from happening to anyone else. I guess they will get their money now won't they?

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 997
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevgoblu, these utilities will eventually get their money but it should not be at the cost of someone's death. What makes everyone upset is that people like this WWII veteran are dying or suffering near death in record-breaking subzero temperatures when this could have been prevented. DTE and Consumer Energy under state rules cannot turn off homeowners' heat between November and April. Yet this policy was not official for municipal utility companies. This has been a very cold, brutal winter season. How would you feel if this was a struggling family with young children found frozen to death in that home? You would be outraged. Let's think about basic human rights here.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 986
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

DTE and Consumer Energy under state rules cannot turn off homeowners' heat between November and April.

I do not believe this is true. I am not saying it shouldn't be but I don't believe it is.

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 999
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CORRECTION: Ban on heat shutoffs by regulated utilities applies only to seniors and low-income residents.

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090128/BUSINESS06/901280380/M oney+woes+raise+fears+of+unpai d+utility+bills

"Normally, seniors and low-income residents are protected against winter utility shutoffs by order of the PSC. But the PSC's ban on those shutoffs applies only to regulated utilities such as DTE Energy and Consumers Energy, and not to the state's 41 municipally owned electric utilities, such as the one in Bay City, that are not regulated by the state.

In another key difference, the Bay City utility had installed a limiter device to restrict the use of electricity at Schur's home on Jan. 13. The limiter shuts off power to a residence once usage rises above a predetermined level. The limiter can be reset, but that did not happen in Schur's case for reasons that are unclear.

No regulated utilities in Michigan use the limiter devices, Palnau said.
Identifying seniors

Moreover, regulated utilities usually have policies in place to try to identify which of its customers are seniors. Consumers Power, for example, asks all new customers if they are 65 years of age or older, said Debra Dodd, a spokeswoman for the utility. Its meter readers are encouraged to report it if a customer appears to be elderly."

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 473
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard about this poor man the other day and I was thinking back to a time in my own life when utitlites were tough to pay for. There but the Grace of God, go I.

I personally don't know what the "fix" would have been for this fellow, but he never should have died because of his finances. It's tragic. And I think we can all safety agree on that fact.

It isn't easy to come up with the money with the skyrocketing cost we just experienced due to the prices of gas. We are charged a higher rate now because of the price when gas was $4.50 a gallon.

Why are we all paying for our electricity anyway? Hasn't it become as much of a necessity as air? I wish we never had to pay for water, sewer or electrity.

As long as these "products" are created with the high cost involved, we will always be paying for these necessities.

I seriously wish the new thermal heating and cooling wasn't so expensive to adapt to. It would lower peoples utility bills. To be completely free to just pay for lights and gas (for cooking)? Awesome.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4427
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Utility companies these days have one goal. MAKE A PROFIT! If you don't pay the electric company, you get shut off. Doesn't matter what age or whatever city, state and gov't regulators can do halt the price and keep the lights on your house and church or business.

Welcome to America

Where there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5581
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I personally don't know what the "fix" would have been for this fellow, but he never should have died because of his finances.

He didn't die because of his finances. He had the money to pay the bill on the kitchen table.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 361
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"Why are we all paying for our electricity anyway? Hasn't it become as much of a necessity as air? I wish we never had to pay for water, sewer or electrity."

Or housing.

I wish we never had to pay for water, sewer or electricity or housing.

Or food.

I wish we never had to pay for water, sewer or electricity or housing or food.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 604
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Utility companies these days have one goal. MAKE A PROFIT! If you don't pay the electric company, you get shut off. Doesn't matter what age or whatever city, state and gov't regulators can do halt the price and keep the lights on your house and church or business.

Welcome to America

Where there's no such thing as a free lunch"

I don't think we're looking for a free lunch, we all understand the profit motive. Because, in most cases we are dealing with a monopoly we don't have a choice regarding what we pay, customer service, etc. The utilities do tend to be heavy-handed towards its customers and I wouldn't object at all if some kind of legislation was introduced regarding winter shutoff/limiter moratoriums given these economic times.

If that happens watch your friendly utility company jump up and down screaming.

Besides I'm not against shutoffs, I'm against shutoffs/limiter devices in the dead of winter
The companies can still make their point April-Oct.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1666
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Karma is nothing to play with

Wrong again, ltoriva. It is something to play with.

quote:

so the insults need to cease now

There have been no insults. Only facts that support my position pointing out your hypocrisy. You might be catching up to sstashmoo for the all around champion of being wrong. Just like you were wrong when you said,
quote:

Consumer Energy under state rules cannot turn off homeowners' heat between November and April

quote:

My sidenote was related, and just a brief sidenote

Downtownlady, my side note was related and brief, too.

quote:

but I still don't see the value in harping on someone over and over and over again for something that they wrote three months ago.

So are you proposing that people should be able to make stupid, inflammatory, and wrong statements and we should just forget about it because some time has passed? Because I think they should be remembered as a demonstrated pattern of stupidity.

quote:

Troll is here to piss you off, then when you react, he can then copy and paste it over to the "other" forum

Sstashmoo, how can I copy and paste anything over there if I'm not even registered? You sure do like to be wrong, don't you? You could not possibly even provide any evidence of your bullshit because it has never happened. How does it make you feel that, among other people, my posts are generally considered spot-on while yours are categorized in a different, less than flattering manner?

As for topic at hand, the company has been making changes and that is perfectly acceptable. Good for them. Just stop blaming them for a tragic accident where blame should not be assigned.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 524
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

So are you proposing that people should be able to make stupid, inflammatory, and wrong statements and we should just forget about it because some time has passed?

Yes. Especially after you've addressed the stupid, wrong or inflammatory statements 17 times.

But it's not always about stupid, wrong or inflammatory statements -- Sean of Detroit cannot even make the most innocuous statement without you jumping on him, so what's that about? He asks for a recommendation for an oil change shop downtown and you harass him. What was stupid, wrong or inflammatory there? Or is it just that you enjoy bullying people?

quote:

Because I think they should be remembered as a demonstrated pattern of stupidity.

Yes, some people do have demonstrated patterns of stupidity.

Purpleheart
Username: Purpleheart

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Michigan Veterans Trust Fund is fully operational and funded completely. The prior amounts deposited are enough to draw interest and keep the fund alive for decades. In the past 10 years or so the elements directing the fund have been too frugal in administering the benefit. Now that has changed and I suggest that if any of you know of this situtation please direct the Veteran to this site:

http://www.michigan.gov/dmva/0 ,1607,7-126-2362-8892--,00.htm l

Not to say that any senior life is less important than that of a Veteran, but there are other programs in place for them.

As for the poster who suggested this man go into a VA home, brother you are so far in the hole you can't see the sun. There are years waiting lists for admission to the State's Only VA home.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 430
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumas: I agree. ADOPT A SENIOR!
Somehow, the words to the old John Prine song "Hello In There" come to mind.
It's time for citizens to take some responsibility. Shovel snow. Run errands. Just keep an eye out. Neighbors did this in the past.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3204
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Sean of Detroit cannot even make the most innocuous statement without you jumping on him,"

Three times a few weeks ago I asked this person three very simple and casual questions and each time it was replied to with various sarcasm and insult.

Cheddar wrote: "There have been no insults."

Then what do you call this?

Cheddar wrote just a few posts back: "No, I won't. I can't stand stupid people and/or hipocrites and I pick on them because they deserve it."

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1668
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtownlady, I have addressed Sean of Detroit specifically by name very few times. No more than half a dozen, probably less. Each time was deserved. As far as me giving people a pass after a period of time, you can forget it. If people want to continue to post bullshit and outright lies, I will continue to point it out, in addition to their continued history of doing such.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sstashmoo, I call it a vague generalization that doesn't insult anybody in particular. You might call it something different, but then again you're usually wrong.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 432
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From John Prine:

We had an apartment in the city,
Me and Loretta liked living there.
Well, it'd been years since the kids had grown,
A life of their own left us alone.
John and Linda live in Omaha,
And Joe is somewhere on the road.
We lost Davy in the Korean war,
And I still don't know what for, don't matter anymore.

Chorus:
Ya' know that old trees just grow stronger,
And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day.
Old people just grow lonesome
Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello."

Me and Loretta, we don't talk much more,
She sits and stares through the back door screen.
And all the news just repeats itself
Like some forgotten dream that we've both seen.
Someday I'll go and call up Rudy,
We worked together at the factory.
But what could I say if he asks "What's new?"
"Nothing, what's with you? Nothing much to do."

Repeat Chorus:

So if you're walking down the street sometime
And spot some hollow ancient eyes,
Please don't just pass 'em by and stare
As if you didn't care, say, "Hello in there, hello."

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 525
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have addressed Sean of Detroit specifically by name very few times. No more than half a dozen, probably less.

So the other 87 times that you've harassed him but didn't use his name don't count?

quote:

Each time was deserved.

Harassment over his request for an oil change recommendation was deserved? Oh wait, you didn't address him by name so it doesn't count.

quote:

As far as me giving people a pass after a period of time, you can forget it.

Hey man, it's your life. If you want to hold on to something that you disagreed with months ago, it is certainly your right to do so. But it is just a forum, and you probably do not know 99% of the people here beyond this computer screen, so what's the point? But again, that's up to you. If holding on to the negativity feels right to you, then by all means do so.

quote:

If people want to continue to post bullshit and outright lies, I will continue to point it out, in addition to their continued history of doing such.

Well, I can't disagree with that statement in theory, except to say that you harass people even when it doesn't involve bullshit and outright lies, or even when there is not a continued history.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3205
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Sstashmoo, I call it a vague generalization that doesn't insult anybody in particular. You might call it something different, but then again you're usually wrong."

You've never proven it one time. EVER. You keep spouting bullshit until people tire of your adolescent BS and ignore you. That's not winning a debate. As far as you trying to judge me or anyone else on the accuracy of their opinions, that is a fucking laugh. "Vague generalization" my ass. You insult people on here continually.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Downtownlady, you're exaggerating. I have not directly said anything to SOD more than six times. Nor have I refered to him an extraordinary amount of times. If you're so insistant that I have, you're welcome to demonstrate your point with proof.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1671
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sstashmoo, on a number of occasions you've been asked to provide proof of statements you've made. When you ignore the requests, one can only logically assume that you are full of shit.

quote:

When will you people learn?... Seriously, ignore him.

When are you going to take your own advice?

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 526
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheddar Bob, I am not about to search the archives to count how many times you've bullied Sean of Detroit. You've done it enough that it's become noticeable, enough to the point where Sean felt compelled to write "Here we go again, Cheddar wants me to explain my every move and statement to him." Whether 6 times or 87 times, how much is enough?

Anyway, I'm done.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3206
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hop along bunny boy.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I am not about to search the archives

Okay, if you want to exaggerate and pull numbers out of your ass that is your right. Nobody is going to force you to validate your claims. While some people are not able to take their own advice, you could always heed that advice and just ignore me.

Rickinatlanta
Username: Rickinatlanta

Post Number: 247
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really a great example of how some of you from BOTH sides of opinion can thread jack this into a pissing contest over who's right! QUIT TALKING about your
self and focus your comments on the thread at hand. Otherwise start a new thread on NON-DETROIT ISSUES. Enough is enough!!

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 636
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the words to John Prine's song. It is sad but spot on. I appreciate the time you took to write out the lyrics.

I have used Warren Zevon's song before on this forum as a quote but it seems appropriate to quote him again, " Don't let us get sick, don't let us get old, don't let us get stupid allright........."

That poor old man died alone and senselessly.

I am glad to hear that there is help for aged veterans. We seem to collect needy people, so one day that info might be helpful.

There are a lot of people who are alone and need some support or assistance. Just be kind and aware of the people around you. Help can be as simple as checking in on seniors who you know. Add other friends who might be younger but also need some attention due to ill health.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3207
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Okay, if you want to exaggerate and pull numbers out of your ass"

Nobody owes you any verification for anything, and they don't deserve to be harangued by you for not meeting your demands or agreeing with you.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rickinatlanta, I think we've all had our say in the situation. I don't think anyone is changing anyone else's mind at this point so the only thing left is a pissing match. Sstashmoo implores other people to ignore me, but refuses to take that advice for himself because he cannot rest unless he has the last word. Hell, he'll probably respond to this very post in a matter of minutes.

Rickinatlanta
Username: Rickinatlanta

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd have to agree with that assessment...good night.

Johnnie_sue_bridges
Username: Johnnie_sue_bridges

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This makes me so very sad.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090129/M ETRO08/901290400

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5590
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a thread dedicated to that story:
Frozen Man

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 2204
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CNN is on right now just going off on the fact this poor man froze to death in his own home over a thousand dollars.....

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those of you who blame the man for not paying the bill when he had the money clipped to the bill, don't be so quick to judge. Have you ever tried to help a 90+ year old person with his her or chores? The Bay City man might have completely forgotten about the bill, or ran out of stamps, or couldn't get around outside in that weather. Or didn't pay it for some other reason that he, in a confused state, couldn't even remember later on.

Thames

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't blame the man for not paying his bill, however, I am not going to blame the power company either. I think there is not enough information about this to blame anyone...yet.

It is now being reported that he had no phone service. Maybe he didn't pay that bill too and the phone company disconnected him.

If that's the case, and to keep with playing the blame game, maybe we should fault the phone company? Afterall, they are the ones who cut off this poor old guy's only link to the outside world. He couldn't even call 911.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3208
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Th utility companies are a public service, and with that service like any service comes an obligation to the customers. Especially where the risk of death is involved. Some responsibility should have been taken before they just cut the service. How much would it have cost for them to send someone out and assess the situation? How long would it have took for the person who shut it off at the residence to tap on the door and inform them they were shutting it off? The old guy would have more than likely paid the bill right then. What they did may be legal, but it sure as hell wasn't right. All of you saying "it's his own fault", if it was your father you would be singing a different tune. Maybe not.

(Message edited by Sstashmoo on January 29, 2009)

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1680
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

with that service like any service comes an obligation to the customers

Services like free mental health screenings and complete health check ups. We should be making sure that service workers also are medically trained doctors.

quote:

Some responsibility should have been taken before they just cut the service

How many times has it been mentioned that the service was not cut? Dozens? I guess some people refuse to believe facts no matter how many times you tell them.

quote:

All of you saying "it's his own fault",

Nobody said "it's his own fault". I certainly didn't but again, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 1884
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumpter Township man found frozen in truck

quote:

A 67-year-old man has been found frozen in his truck outside his Detroit-area home.

He was sitting in the front seat of his truck with the door open.

Police say Hayes was covered with snow but may have died from a heart attack or other cause. He may have been dead for two weeks.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3571
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3211
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "How many times has it been mentioned that the service was not cut? Dozens? I guess some people refuse to believe facts no matter how many times you tell them."

From the article referenced:

""The device limits the flow of electricity to the house. If the flow exceeds the limited amount, the device shuts down and must be reset.

The device had apparently shut down prior to Schur's death.""

Read this part again ok?

""the device shuts down and must be reset.
The device had apparently shut down prior to Schur's death.""

i.e. it was "cut off".

Satisfied? Didn't think so. I'm sure you'll come back with some inane definition and the correct nomenclature for discontinuance of service.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You said "they just cut the service".

No, they didn't "just cut the service".

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3212
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is an thread regarding illegals on the Non-Detroit side. I noticed you had not jumped in. There's got to be something there you can contradict. Why don't ya go over and show em' how smart you are? If I was as smart as you, man I'd be there.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If I was as smart as you, man I'd be there

But you're not.

quote:

There's got to be something there you can contradict

If you've posted on it, you can count on it.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3213
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perfect, looking forward to it.

Come to think of it, there are a few posts I did earlier, you might want to go have a look at them. Do you need links? What am I thinking, as smart as you are, you'll find them. It sure is nice knowing someone as smart as you.

(Message edited by Sstashmoo on January 30, 2009)

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

you might want to go have a look at them

Meh, if I come across them, fine. Your posts tend to stand out.

quote:

What am I thinking

I wonder that myself sometimes.

quote:

It sure is nice knowing someone as smart as you.

Thanks, but someone's got to fill the balance.

Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3217
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Your posts tend to stand out."

Thanks.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9271
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You two are funny.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 732
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Look! A pissing match!!! Who's the better pisser????

Thames

Post Number: 367
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon :-)

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 987
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Hey Look! A pissing match!!! Who's the better pisser????

It burns when I pee.

lol

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1691
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gumby, party at "The Loft" tonight.

Ruxy17
Username: Ruxy17

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WWII Vet Frozen to Death Leaves Estate to Hospital

Story says it's over half a mil.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/ 04/freezing.death.folo/index.h tml

top story on cnn.com this morning.

Bigb23

Post Number: 3659
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^Truth is stranger than fiction - ^^^^^

Maybe the Detroit frozen warehouse guy will turn out to be Matty Maroun's illegitimate son.

Bigb23

Post Number: 3674
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump - still viable. (Unlike a WWII vet}.

Terridarlin
Username: Terridarlin

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sumas, I love your idea to adopt a senior, and I will. If a few of us follow your great suggestion, Marvin Schur will not have died in vain.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Sumas, great idea.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.