Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Gabriel's Hoagies? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 290
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone been there? Any good? Where's the best cheese steak in the area?

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And how are the sodas?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5631
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are very good. They have a pepper relish that is superb. There is some discussion of them over on the Michigan Ave. Restaurant thread.
Here's a link to their website. Gabriel's Hoagies
Someone over there made a comment about people calling the sandwiches hoagies, but that's what they are, per the name of the place

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 166
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How are they compared to Joey's in Southgate?

Stromberg2

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5632
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never had Joey's. Sorry

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 887
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is all the food on here bad for you ,yet so good to eat?.Having gone to Gabriels since I was a toddler,I can say they are my favorite. Still can see the old man through the little window making them hogies.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 888
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, I,m glad they put a location in Westland.With the gas prices last summer I still got to go to Gabriels.

Brougham
Username: Brougham

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been to the Westland Gabriels a few times. The Hoagies are good, maybe not the best in world but tasty at a fair price. The staff is friendly and the place is clean. They seem to stick with a formula of keeping the menu simple with the primary focus of what they do best, making steak and cheese hoagies.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not been to Gabriels but I can vouch for Joeys in Southgate. The Hoagies are awesome. Try the Italian Stallion, fresh Genoa Salami, pepper ham, tangy capicolla, rich sopressata, aged prosciutto and mild Provolone Cheese. Menu states: Any hoagie can be ruined upon request with mayo. I'm getting hungry just typing this so I may have to head over there.

www.joeysfamousphilly.com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.