Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Kwame out tomorrow... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ongowwah
Username: Ongowwah

Post Number: 229
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame will be released early tomorrow for "good behavior". Will he see his shadow when he emerges, if so what does it indicate?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6597
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's a big man. We're liable to mistake his shadow as an eclipse.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4441
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KING KWAME is coming out no longer the "playa maya" who throws Mangoonian parties. He's going to be with his family while his ex-lover Beatty is lock up. Now he's come the tricky part. Is going to find a job with a criminal record? Surely some folks will not hire him. Not even the Detroit Bar Association wants him since to can't practic law anymore.

KING KWAME and his family are longer in state and city politics and now living in exile a pauperous public life.

Ongowwah

Post Number: 230
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Kwame sees his shadow it may indicate 6 more months of Synagro court dates, only this time with Daddy and Conyers!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3705
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope the press ignores him. But I know they won't.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 444
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They will not live as paupers. I expect Mr. Kilpatrick will find a way to cash in, perhaps as the leader of a televangelist church or mosque, unless the "pay to play" investigation results in felony convictions.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 614
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"They will not live as paupers. I expect Mr. Kilpatrick will find a way to cash in, perhaps as the leader of a televangelist church or mosque, unless the "pay to play" investigation results in felony convictions"

Just thinking Bobl if his job interview in Texas is with TD Jakes and his mega church/business.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 760
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really? I have to be the first one to make a "lock up your daughters" joke?

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 285
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe he could work as a proofreader for Danny

Bobl

Post Number: 446
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

F: Yes. I had the same thought. He was also visited, more than once, by father and son Farrakhan, according to posts here.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 883
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In order to save airfare, Mr. Kilpatrick should consider coordinating his travel plans with the U.S. Attorney's office so he doesn't have to make a special trip back from Texas for his next arraignment. Even if he does obtain a good job in Texas, Detroit will not be receiving a restitution payment anytime soon because the legal fees for the upcoming federal case(s) will be consuming all the available money.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, don't forget to lock up your wives as well, remember, Christine Beatty was married at the time this crap broke through the surface. It has cost her a marriage along with her house, job, VERY LARGE LEGAL BILLS and her family...As the bible says, the wages of sin are death...

Since Kwame is a spellbinder, I could see him "Jedi Mind Tricking" the weak minded into sending him dollars to pay off his debt. He'd be better that Robert Tilton, who asks for a Thousand Dollar vow...Get rich! (more like make me rich, send me a vow of a Thousand Dollars)...Kwame sure fits that profile of huckster...

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any guesses on what kind of job KK is interviewing for in Texas?
My guess is something in sports or religion.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something to do with talking that makes money. Those are the only 2 things he knows.

Bobl

Post Number: 452
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From The Detroit News:

"...At 12:17 a.m., Kilpatrick's attorney, James C. Thomas, pulled up in his Lexus and walked into the jail with Florida attorney Willie Gary a few minutes later.

Gary's addition to Kilpatrick's legal team had been rumored for days. His appearance comes amid media reports Kilpatrick is exploring legal action against Wayne County Sheriff Warren Evans.

John Roach, a spokesman for Evans, said "Kilpatrick may have" complained about his treatment -- including tight clothes and a lack of toilet paper.

But Roach said "it's a far cry from us getting a complaint and immediately responding to it versus something that rises to the level of a lawsuit."

Observers are still debating the social and political costs of the text-message scandal that sent Kilpatrick to jail, but a Detroit News analysis shows the 13-month saga cost taxpayers at least $12.8 million in legal fees, settlement costs and other expenses..."

Ongowwah

Post Number: 235
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish he'd take Governess Grandstand with him!

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of us have bigger dreams, but good luck to you.

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 544
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

John Roach, a spokesman for Evans, said "Kilpatrick may have" complained about his treatment -- including tight clothes and a lack of toilet paper.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! If you ever meet ThugDaddy, DO NOT shake his right hand!

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 662
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Left hand.

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ Oh I see, in jail, Kwame wipes arse with left hand, chokes chicken with right hand. Gotcha.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 224
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of choking, I almost spit my drink all over my desk! Too funny Wally. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.