Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Store burns on E. Warren « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was driving my girl home around noon today, and a good corner store at E. Warren and Buckingham was completely up in flames. This place had a good deli and hot foods selection each day. We went there for wings quite often.

Went by again tonight and it looks like the whole string of buildings may be a total loss. This sucks because this area is relatively well kept in terms of appearance as far as east side retail districts go. I hope they get this cleaned up quickly...but they wont, because its Detroit.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3771
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eh, what else is new in Detroit?

These business owners are trying to cash their insurance checks and get out of this hellhole. The same thing "supposedly" happened to the hardware on Gratiot and 6 Mile.

I seriously hope this fire wasn't set on purpose.

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 262
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's too bad, that was a nice store. A very good friend of mine lived a couple of blocks up at Outer Dr. before he split town a couple of years ago, and we used to go in there all the time.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4452
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep. The old Bommarito Hardware Store On Gratiot Ave. and McNichols/Seymour St. Burn down to rubble and demolished. The Bommaritos must be some Macomb County city, setting their new business right about now.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as nobody burns down Gino's there is still hope for the area!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.