Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Winter Blast 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 227
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So is anyone else anticipating this event as much as I am? This is quite possibly my favorite event in Detroit, and other than the inaugural year, I have been in attendance for each one. Apparently, this year's version will be scaled back rather significantly due to lack of corporate sponsorship (surprise?). But, as long as the alcohol continues to be served and the live music plays on, I'm sure that I will have just as much fun as usual. This year's forecast won't be as wintry as last year's with high's in the 30's and 40's....sigh. I, myself, will be staying downtown with friends the entire weekend and catching a Red Wings game in the process. Friday cannot come soon enough!!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love Winter Blast, my family's going on Friday after Sesame Street Live at the Fox. It's my son's 3rd birthday :-) After watching a few guinea pigs on Friday, my kids definitely WON'T be sliding down the frozen death slide...I'm sure it's fun but it looks like a rickety death trap with zero safety precautions--no guard rails, hellacious stairs up, and a long drop down. I'm not an overly cautious parent, but Jesus H! I'll probably go without the kids on Saturday for some party time, too.

Lugotown
Username: Lugotown

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i plan to go for the first time. i am one of those people that hates winter. so, what am i doing in mi? don't ask. anyway, i'm looking forward to it. yeah, that slide doesn't seem safe but people have said it's lots of fun so i'll give it a try.

hope everyone has a good time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.