Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Dallas Doen't Want Kwame in Their City « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 229
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just because Kwame is out of his animal cage,he think the media is gonna leave him alone.....think again!!!! Since his family is down in Texas and have in interview down there,
I was watching WDIV this morning and they have people's comments from Dallas about Kwame coming down there....EVEN THEY DON'T WANT HIM IN THERE CITY!!!LOL!!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3707
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their*

It's a pronoun.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thinks*

It's a present simple third person stative predicate.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

an*

It's the indefinite article modified with -n prior to an initial vowel sound.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4076
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All-caps*

Stop shouting.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

has*

It's the 3rd person singular present indicative of have.

Ljbad89
Username: Ljbad89

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C-C-C-Combo breaker!!

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for making my morning. I needed a good laugh. We spent three hours on the telephone with India trying to get our DSL line with AT&T up and running. The advice sucked but at least we are back on line. Now we are climbing over wires and our router is disabled. So no second computer with internet access. Oh well.

I really didn't realize how much I depend on the internet for news and amusement.

As for Kwame, It is a damn shame he has to return. Did you see the photograph in the Free Press today. It looks like he still has a goon squad.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 706
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey...did everbody hear?! Denny's is giving away free Grand Slam breakfasts today till 2pm! Let's go!!

Oh...and I heard Kwame's gonna be there...

I like telephone books, too.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 223
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would have done my heart good if NO ONE had showed up for his release. All that attention just feeds his already out-or-control ego and opinion of himself. Now he is still convinced that he is SOMEBODY.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 439
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Mayor has done his time, and is moving on. Perhaps 'others' should take heed to the Mayors self-determined endeavors, and move on!

Good Luck Kwame Kilpatrick and peace be with you and your family!

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting for.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3427
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does that mean Blksoul_x is moving on at last? :-)

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 529
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ironically, jail time did for Kwaime the one thing that he needed most but couldn't do on his own - shut he dumbass mouth! But you watch, as time marchs on, his past inflammatory/idiotic remarks will be hailed by most citizens of Detroit as "dah truth!!". He'd be elected mayor again if he could run right now. For mayor, I mean.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1532
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of topic but ... how did Kwame remain as fat as he is on jail food?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8980
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame probably never even tasted the food served to the general population there.

The chefs at Fishbones didn't even know they could make breakfast before his off-the-menu requests started arriving.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4945
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Of topic but ... how did Kwame remain as fat as he is on jail food?

One of the TV channels this morning said he lost 20 lbs.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 251
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KwaME couldn't even pay-to-play his way into the food chain of Texas. There is a whole different game down there, especially in Dallas, and his ghetto bravado will not be welcomed. Expect conflicting reports on the reasons why he returns to Detroit.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5201
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame had three meet-ups in TX, including at the Dallas mayor's office, before he went to jail. Both Comerica and the parent company of Houston-based Synagro are in Dallas. Two of Kwame's trips were to Dallas and one was to Houston.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 252
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^
I'm aware of KwaME visiting Dallas before jail, but do you have a source for him actually having a meeting in the mayor's office?

I would surmise KwaME was conferring with Synagro management on the fallout from the sludge deal most of the time he was in Texas. And if he does get an offer from Comerica I think we can assume it's a slap on the back for helping them ease out of Detroit.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't*

It's a contraction meaning "does not."

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no way in heck Synagro will hire Kilpatrick. I really cannot believe any respectable corporation would hire him as it is fairly well-known charges may be pending.

Last night I believe I heard he hopes to pay the city at a rate of $200K a year. Did I hear that correctly?

The folks showing up for his release are no longer a 'goon squad'. They may act as if they're really important. In reality, it's just a bunch of his buddies milling about, trying to still look important.

Detroitnerd, I cannot believe you said that to Blksoul_x. Not very nice.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5203
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Thu, Jun 12, 2008 - Dallas City Hall Blog - Embattled, embarrassed and indicted Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick got a nice greeting at Dallas City Hall Tuesday from Mayor Tom Leppert and Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway.

We kind of wondered what he was doing here but didn't get to the bottom of it. It looks like the Detroit News did.
http://cityhallblog.dallasnews .com/archives/2008/06/why-was- indicted-mayor-kwame-k.html

quote:

June 12, 2008 - Detroit News - "For the past 12 months the mayor and deputy mayor have been working on (a) plan to restructure the city of Detroit's banking relationships," Denise Tolliver, a Kilpatrick spokeswoman, said in a statement. "The trip to Dallas was to consult with city officials as well as a fact-finding mission to examine best practices in banking from a major municipality."
...Both were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice and misconduct in office in March.

In early April, Kilpatrick flew to Texas to attend a service at the church of pastor T.D. Jakes. The church, Potter's House of Dallas, quickly issued a statement saying it "has no current or future plans of becoming involved in the legal or business affairs existing between the city of Detroit and its mayor."

In May, Kilpatrick flew to Houston -- and earned Giles' ire. The mayor refused to answer at least three questions from reporters about it, instead staring blankly. His office later released a statement reading, "at the appropriate time, Detroiters will hear about the results of our business meeting."
http://detroitnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080612/M ETRO/806120377/1409/METRO

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4454
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those folks in Dallas. Don't want a 'playa maya' who throws Manoogian Parties at their city.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm aware of KwaME visiting Dallas before jail, but do you have a source for him actually having a meeting in the mayor's office?

The Dallas News reports that it was just a brief visit to say hello: http://cityhallblog.dallasnews .com/archives/2008/06/i-was-ve ry-cordial-says-dwaine.html

Regarding Comerica hiring Kwame, from yesterday's Detroit News: Comerica Inc., which relocated from Detroit to Dallas in March 2007, is not considering Kilpatrick for a job, spokesman Wayne J. Mielke said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090202/M ETRO/902020352

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 548
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup, you beat me to it -- with more/better information too! :-)

Bertz
Username: Bertz

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"blksoul_atcha!" Rasputin is that you?

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4081
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin*

Sinisterly eccentric spiritual advisor to Russia's Tsar Nicholas II.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 364
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ And (ex-)resident DetroitYes black racist.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 532
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwaimeie did his time as set forth by Ms. Kym. He is a free man. He is an asshole. Carlita probably had a hand in the murder of Strawberry The Dancer.

Now they kickin' in Texas.

What a strong message has been sent.

Wake up people.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 653
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG! TX has enough problems. Sarah Palin just endorsed our do-nothing, Bush-endorsed, but fabulously coiffed Governor for yet another term! Her taste in politicians stinks, frankly.

Maybe Kwame's old pal, The President, will give him a gig. LOL

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 456
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still waiting for him to play the "I've got religion" card.
Question is: which religion?
It will be interesting....

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ggorges, I have always thought that Carlita was behind the Strawberry murder, I guess time will tell as that investigation clunks along. And what was the name of the stripper that was murdered in Atlanta?

BTW, Texas is nice and close to Mexico if one cares to flee the country.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 888
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobl, the "I've Got Religion" Card (a reference to my post on the Monica Conyers' thread, for those who are wondering) was played by Kwame when he claimed "I'm doing God's work" and used his church to sanctify his sinful pre-occupations.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But Benson noted that federal law does forbid the release of intercepted communications, so Kilpatrick theoretically could have a case.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20090204/METRO /902040387

Would someone explain the above sentence? If text messages are deemed public. Paid for with taxpayer dollars, why is the release of intercepted messages forbidden?

Also, it makes me sick KK will be living in a high-end suburb while many people in Detroit live in poverty. I'd like to know the total amount of funds he's "earned" from this city through creative budgeting, his non-profits corporations, and other such activities.

Originalg313
Username: Originalg313

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And, how is his flashy new attorney being paid?? The Kwame Defense Fund is supposed to be nearly empty.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 763
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The key there is intercepted communications. These were not intercepted, but obtained via court order.

quote:

These categories require a search warrant. 18 U.S.C. § 2703 (a)-(c) Records pertaining a may be obtained by a court order upon proof of “specific and articulable facts showing ... reasonable grounds to believe that ... the records or other information sought, are relevant and material to an ongoing criminal investigation.”

http://www.law.cornell.edu/usc ode/18/2703.html

Originalg313

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But, did Stefani use a court order? I think that is the key. Because without Stefani and then the Free Press there would be no knowledge of the text messages, right? I think Kwame's team has always been irked by the fact that Stefani got the text messages and used them as leverage for settlement.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 414
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still, Kwame has to be careful suing for anything regarding the text messages because he'll have to admit they are all his - and since there are still many potential criminal acts arising out of them, he may not want to admit that yet!

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 921
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Original313: I think that it is settled that Stefani used a court order by Judge Callahan. However, he only belatedly received the texts after the jury had already found Kilpatrick guilty of conspiring to ruin the careers of two DPD executives.

So, Stefani used them as leverage (because they proved that the Mayor perjured himself - an even more serious charge) to get the City to agree to the amount that the jury had originally recommended (which is often negotiable).

You assume that stefani gave the Freep the texts - but he has sworn that he did not.

I distrust your posting motives. This was a complicated case and it is pretty serious that the facts are recited for the populace and not obscured. The Mayor did a pretty good obscuring job right to the end as he kept saying that this case was about a "private matter" (an affair) when it was about perjury by a high elected official.

Originalg313

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My posting motives are pure. I'm sorry you think they aren't. I didn't know Stefani had a court order. And, I don't think Stefani gave the texts to the Free Press. I was asking for clarification. I'm not by any means a Kwame supporter.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Townonenorth. So, they really weren't intercepted, but obtained by court order. More of KK and his ilk twisting the truth.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2948
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"One of the TV channels this morning said he lost 20 lbs."

Kwame could lose 20 lbs taking a dump or burping. Gimmie a break.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 925
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Or going to the barber.

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 211
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder where he will be working, people were complaining on the news that,most ex felons have ahard time finding a job,and kwame gets out of prison and finds one right away,lol. dallas shouldn't worry about kwame, as long as he's not into poltics he should be okay.lets hope his new job isn't a political position.lol

also i wonder about christine beatty, where will she find a job when she gets out,is she going to texas with her pal kwame?or is carlita not having it

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 213
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel bad for Texas, now they have the Bush family and The Kilpatrick family.lol

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.