Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Spiderman 4 could film in Michigan « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 613
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Oakland Press:

Raimi is slated to begin production on "Spider-Man 4" in 2010, in fact and, he said, envisions shooting some of that movie in Michigan.

"I'll be looking at Michigan for our second-unit photography on the new 'Spider-Man' film," he confirmed.

The extensive infrastructure needed to crank out megabudget productions like the three "Spider-Man" movies he already has made has, for the most part, kept him in Hollywood, Raimi pointed out.

"Producers are always looking at the bottom line, and if they can get the same looking stuff somewhere else cheaper, they're going to shoot there," Rumble said.

Such was the case with "Spider-Man 3."

"It was cheaper to shoot in Ohio because the streets we were shooting on had storefronts that looked a little bit more like New York than Detroit did," Raimi explained. "But if the incentives Michigan has now had been in place, we would have had the money to adapt a set in Detroit."

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 923
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raimi is an MSU alum hopefully he brings some money back to his home state.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9304
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you want to read some great adventures of Raimi's early days in Michigan, read Bruce Campbell's memoir "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor".

Funaho
Username: Funaho

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They should film the new Terminator movie here...should be no trouble finding an entire block or two that looks like it's been nuked. :-)

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3777
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they shoot it in downtown Detroit. :-)

I'm pretty sure the corner of Congress and Griswold could pass for a street corner in Manhattan or downtown Chicago.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3590
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree...

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 301
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where else could they film Shrek 4?

Too bad Bill Kennedy isn't around for this stuff.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4080
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This killed me:

quote:

"It was cheaper to shoot in Ohio because the streets we were shooting on had storefronts that looked a little bit more like New York than Detroit did," Raimi explained.

Ouch!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.