Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Kwame's Mommy Paid For Son's 30k Jet Ride « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 293
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story /Wilson-Exclusive-Kilpatricks- Costly-Charter/Zp7FtoS3FE648PD SBUqmJQ.cspx

Stevie Wilson, you did it again!

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5671
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame's mommy needs to stop taking care of her baby.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 916
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Way to go Detroit (& Grosse Pointe) voters! Keep feeding the mouth that bites you.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 294
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, it's not like he owes the city $1,000,000. Oh, wait...

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 329
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonder who owns CCK?
A prime position on the house appropriations committee will earn you a lot of friends. Hope somebody is following the money.

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guarantee this was not CCK's own money. The $$ was laundered through her and the truth will come out eventually as to who really paid for it. A decent person would have applied the $30K on his debt to the city and flown coach. The judge might want to point that out to him next week.

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The gall of that family never ceases to amaze me.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 295
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are full of surprises, no?

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 922
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Full of something else, too!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone one in that family should have their finances examined by way of a forensic audit.

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 384
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Must be nice just to have $30,000

3rdworldcity
Username: 3rdworldcity

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No way did that flight cost $30,000. If someone paid that they were very naive. The cost for a much larger plane than the Lear (a Fokker 800), from Pontiac to DFW, cost $18,000 last year (when fuel prices were much higher), and the cost of a Citation V (slightly larger than the Lear), same itinerary a few weeks later with a 5 hour layover before the return trip, was $14,000.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 318
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, man . . . dontcha hate when facts spoil a well-placed rant?

DetNews piece says the Lear charter tab was $13.5K.

And here we were, totally ready to recognize that DoubleK is an extraordinary passenger who deserved extra perks after 99 days in the can.

Think Cristal champagne. Think personal masseuse. Think caviar and lobster. Tab could've hit $30K quick as you can say nobody puts baby in the corner of a commercial flight.

Man was A Player, after all, and he's back and ready to live in style . . . as The News describes today.

(Message edited by RealityCheck on February 05, 2009)

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The citizens got played.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 620
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CCK paid $13,500 still a lot but no $30K
3rd worldcity hit it just about right

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090205/M ETRO/902050393

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1346
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only $13,500. Well, I guess its ok then.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 319
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Obviously not OK, I agree, Kenp. Just more of the same wretched excess that "was his road to ruin," as local strategic communications exec Don Tanner blogs:
quote:

For the former mayor, his words and actions continue to scream: “Me, me, me” — It’s all been a cleansing experience — for HIM; HE’S grown; HE’S got a job interview.

Not one word about the individuals and city he has hurt and must repay; the public trust he lost . .

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 569
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who care as long as it was a one way flight?

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 623
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whenever I hear someone refer to themselves in the third person it immediately raises a red flag in my head about that person. I think of an out of control ego, and everything being about that person. Kwame does that a lot.

It suggests to me a lack of maturity among other issues he may have.

Hopefully going to private life and focusing on his family and getting a little older will help him to understand and put his god-given talents to better use.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1348
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does KK get to stay in Dallas? I thought they only let him go for the interview.
Also the new lawyer is interesting.
"...works on a contingency basis, charging no money to clients unless they win"
So are we expecting a law suit?
He doesnt seem to be a defense atty.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2313
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is the cached real estate listing for the new kkrib.
http://74.125.47.132/search?q= cache:breQIm6lpPcJ:www.realtor .com/print/default.aspx%3Flid% 3D1104396517+%22306+Chestnut+C ove+Circle%22,+Southlake,+Texa s&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us

For those with a devious mind-set it would be pure evil to send a Registered and Certified Letterto the address above thereby forcing the addressee to go to the Post Office to retrieve it. What a terrible waste of time.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 765
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kkrib :-) Love it!

Gplimpton

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey kids, $13,500 is the cost of ONE-WAY. You have to get BACK! Read:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090204/M ETRO/902040471

"The Lear jet that shuttled Kilpatrick from Willow Run Airport to Texas was chartered for the trip from Kalitta Charters, but the person who paid the bill does not want his or her identify disclosed, said Barry Birurakis, director of operations.

The rough cost for such a one-way flight is $13,500, Birurakis said. "

13,500 x 2=$27,000

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, according to his sentence, until he actually GETS a job offer and can prove it to the court, he had to be back in Detroit this weekend or violate the terms of his parole. The 13k was just DTW-DAL, Ya'Alls boy still has to come back, another 13k becasue I'm sure those Dallas folks in business class on SOuthwest are all going to get up in his face. Maybe if she'd paid for those Fruits of ISlam goons to fly with KK, it'd have cost her less and spared him the embaressment of being assaulted, as he seems in constant fear of.

I hope to gawd there is a FBI agent with a writ waiting for his stupid ass when he gets back here. "Oh sorry, did you get a job and a 3k a month house in Dallas from Mommy? You need to stay here and go through this new trial.. pity. Can't leave the state while subpeonaed for a Grand Jury indictment."

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5225
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The rumor I heard was that the lawsuit will be against Skytel for releasing the texts.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hey kids, $13,500 is the cost of ONE-WAY."

That's what I figured. Once Steve Wilson found out what kind of jet he was flying it wouldn't be difficult at all to find out the cost. Steve Wilson isn't infallible, but it would be hard to believe that he would overestimate the price by that much.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who cares? If you guys aren't paying for it then why does it matter?

Gplimpton

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you know we didn't?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.