Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Kids killing cops or anyone else « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sandyrabbit
Username: Sandyrabbit

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 4:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if i hear one more parent complaining about the treatment of their child in jail after they killed someone. i am gonna vomit,
gimmie a break, do you job parents
you know how angry i have been as a human? as well as most of the people i know , but i dont do it. i dont kill people and neither do at the very least 90 percent of people i hear of. do your job. raise your kid right.
i am sick of hearing oh my kid killed a cop, his neighbor, his friend, and he cant make a call. booo freakin hoooo. raise yer kid right.
sooo sick of excuses and fingerpointing for the lack of what we are suppose to do as human beings. especially as parents. why am i responisible for your lack of interest in your seed? why is anyone? soooo tired of excuses from people. if you dont take care of business than business takes care of you. deal with it. i did. and my guess is, most of us do. because yer a self absorbed person, who puts your personal needs in front of your child's or his victims, live with it. live with the fact that not only did you ruin a random life, you ruined your offspring. he cant make a call?
i work 50 hours a week and cant afford to pay my bill sometimes. i am not a violent person, you created one. accept the fact you messed up. just eat it already

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 6:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh, and he walks in the court room with a smile on his face and is seen sitting next to his attorney silently praying. makes me sick too.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2952
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 6:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"i am sick of hearing oh my kid killed a cop, his neighbor, his friend, and he cant make a call. booo freakin hoooo. raise yer kid right."

Yes, why the hell would we observe the civil rights of untried minors ?

That would be too civilized.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9342
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, it's Sandy Rabbit! With an early morning angry rant post jam-out.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 440
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like the cop screwed up by trying to give the kid a break in the first place. I'm all for giving minors the benefit of the doubt until they blast a cop.
Do the parents think the cop shot himself?
The cop had civil rights too. That kid can pray all he wants now.
Remember sin in haste, repent in leisure(jail).

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3254
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"90 percent"??? That means 10 percent.. oh nevermind.

"just eat it already" Yes, have a nice day.

(Message edited by Sstashmoo on February 06, 2009)

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 892
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see no remorse in this kid. Why the smile coming into the courtroom? It looks arrogant, it give people the impression of "I don't care". The parents must have blinders on to say that this is not him, he wouldn't do such a thing. He was on probation for assault...how good can a kid be for that to happen. He has a propensity for violence.
I don't believe that this young man is being treated badly in jail. It won't be long before the parents start to throw the race card into the equation.
Unfortunately, the police are learning a tough lesson by this tragedy...they won't be giving kids a break anymore.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 420
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His parents make me angry everytime I see them on television. They are in such denial! I know they love their son but to carry on like this is just disrespectful. There is overwhelming evidence against their son and some indication that they themselves may have even tried to help him cover it up, yet all they do is whine about how he's being treated and how he's such a good boy. Just disgusting.

Newsflash - cop killers don't have much fun in jail. It's bad enough just to be in jail for anything, but certain groups of criminals are in for daily hell, and cop killers are among them. He should have known that.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3464
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those of us living under a rock, a link please? :-)

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 89
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mauser, did you bring enough drugs for everyone?

Yes, by all means let's mollycoddle the poor unfortunate lil creep who plugged a cop. I'm sure the other cops and the family of that officer feel terribly concerned with the blatant abrogation of the young fella's civil rights. Especially as the kid showed SUCH remorse and sorrow for his youthfull hijinks sitting there with a shit eating smirk on his face.

Twenty years ago, the little fukker'd have had a confession beat out of him in the basement, after having twenty other cops 'subdue' him via a few wellplaced kicks to the scrotum.

Once you murder another human, let alone a police officer, you pretty much have signed off the social compact. People like you MAuser, cross the street when you see this kid coming at you, and would be the first to scream for the cops if he'd assaulted you.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dp p/news/teen_stand_trial_office rs_murder

Sandyrabbit

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whew the late night beer rant.
minor? do they even exist anymore? i am not talking about the legal term minor but just someone underaged. maybe in certain communities where television and cars arent allowed. or you've never had a day of school that wasnt taught in yer front room. the only way someone seems to be a minor these days is if you completely shelter them from the world. 16 years old? you can legally be emancipated. sure i can see him as a minor if its some shoplifting crap but not murder. no matter if its a cop or a cousin that pissed him off.
kids around here grow up so fast they know more about life than most of the adults i know.

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 172
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for posting the news story Buyamerican.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Hitler Jugend were also oppressed children.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 378
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why does anyone blame the parents for what this 16 y/o asshole did? They weren't there when he pulled the trigger.

Good parenting, bad parenting, doesn't matter. By the time you are 16, you know damn well that you're not supposed to kill people.

He knew what he did was wrong. He ran away.

There is no one to blame but him. Not the parents, not society. He alone is responsible for his actions, no scapegoat for him. He's old enough to know better.

(Message edited by thames on February 06, 2009)

Sandyrabbit

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i feel that people are responsible for what they put into this world. sure we are master of our own destiny, but to give the parent no blame at all? okie lets not care at all what our kids do. because you know the kid only has himself to blame in the long run. who knows what happens behind closed doors. and sure kids are harder to control than ever, but you do what you have to do. it would be interesting to know if the kid had prior acts of violence. i am sure we will know soon enough . we have to be careful with one another on this planet. we never know what could trigger any of us. if the parents didnt want to be in the spotlight. they didnt have to be. this is why we're blamin em i suppose. its a sad thing that happened , all around.

he is old enough to know better i agree on the level that he had a choice and made it.

Johnberk
Username: Johnberk

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After the kid's case is settled, I would not be surprised to see civil charges against both parents, as well as criminal charges against the father.

As reported by Channel 4, surveillance video has the father helping give the kid a bleach scrub-down about 3 hours after the incident.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 446
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Oh, way to go pops.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3072
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buyamerican, you sure got this one right:

"Unfortunately, the police are learning a tough lesson by this tragedy...they won't be giving kids a break anymore."

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 421
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Johnberk, that's what I was referring to. The parents are trying to act so disparaged by all of this when it appears they knew immediately that he had done this, and they tried to help cover it up. They all disgust me and I have zero sympathy for them or the monster they raised.

As a parent, I don't believe parents are completely responsible for what their kids do when they become of age, obviously, kids make their own decisions and sometimes they go against everything they've been taught. You can be the best parent in the world but your kid could have mental deficiencies or other issues and just fall in with the wrong crowd, it happens. I was raised by the most observant and vigilant and fiercely religious parent in the world but I still found ways to sneak and do things that I'm glad she never found out about before she passed!

However, the behavior of THESE particular parents leads one to believe that despite their protests, they played a part in creating this monster, whether or not they choose to believe they did. If my kid committed a crime - especially a violent one - I would be the first one at the station turning him in and making sure he faces punishment and is above all repentant. Then I would hope he would learn from it and live on to be a better person by giving back somehow whatever he took from the world. I wouldn't be helping him hide evidence and standing around acting like MY family is being victimized.

Johnberk
Username: Johnberk

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree completely, CS. And don't forget, the kid does not have a driver's license, and was out alone in his mother's car at 12:30 AM. Seems to me the mother will be facing some civil charges at the very least.

Dshanks
Username: Dshanks

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everytime I read something posted by Mauser I barf on myself.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 894
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From what I have read and heard, these parents have enabled this young man. Were they looking for him at 12:30am? Did they wonder where he was at 12:30am? I don't think so.

He is out of the house, out of view and earshot, and they chose to ignore it. Now, because he made the wrong decision, they are still enabling him by covering up evidence and blaming the system for his poor treatment.

What was he laughing at? What was he praying for? I'm sure he wasn't praying for Officer Samborskis' soul or for his family. He was more than likely praying that the judge wouldn't throw the book at him and charge him as an adult and that he'd be free in less than 5 years.

Officer Samborski was really giving this "poor, unfortunate" kid a huge break by turning him over to an adult he thought lived in the apartment complex. My theory is that in the scuffle, falling down the stairs probably rendered Officer Samborski stunned for a moment, perhaps by a hit on the head by the stairs. In that brief moment, the kid took his gun and shot him pointblank...no remorse. If it didn't happen that way, I'd sure like to know how the thug got his gun.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 205
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See what happens when one tries to act as a friend to their child instead of a parent? A parent has to have the stones to step up and tell their kid NO when it's needed. I know I didn't like having to be the "bad guy" every once in while, but I did what I had to do to see that my children grew to be responsible adults. I did a good job, both of my children are successful adults. The one thing I never wanted was for ANY of my kids to be in jail. Thank God, that never happened...

When my son was fifteen, he thought he didn't have to do what I told him to. One evening, he attempted to sneak out of the house when I had told him he wasn't going out on a bad winters night with friends. He went, I called the cops and reported him as a missing juvenile. The police came out and took a report, and asked me to call them upon his return if I wanted to pursue the issue. When he returned, I called, he ended up having to be taken in the next morning to the police station. He later told me, "God, Dad, I thought you would just ground me, I didn't think you'd do that". I told him "If you can't obey my rules, you won't live in my house, I am starting to make a case for your emancipation". That was the last time he tried anything like that...at the time, it was one heck of a bluff.

It's too bad that the young man threw away his life over something so trivial. Samborski was attempting to cut him some slack, and he ended up killing him. What a waste! The kid should get everything he deserves. It's a good thing he wasn't in Texas, or he'd be on his way sooner to his eventual dirt nap. The thing about it is, I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over it.

He was not mature in his actions, but will now have to suffer for the remainder of his life, and a toddler will never know her father. This whole mess is just terrible. Someone else remarked that the parents should be charged with the appropriate crimes. Whom ever said it was right on point. The parents should have the book thrown at them. I wonder if they've thought about the harm their son has done to Samborski's family? I sure hope they have, or are they so ensconced about how their misunderstood child is being treated...

Food for thought.

Salvadordelmundo
Username: Salvadordelmundo

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who provided the kid with the firearm? That should be aggressively prosecuted as well.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 474
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was taken from the officer, who was giving the stupid punk a break.

(Message edited by Bobl on February 07, 2009)

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 539
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My view is that, as a parent, I have until they turn 18 years old I can ease up a bit, and until then, everything they do I am responsible for. The way they behave and act in school, at home, and in general society is a direct reflection of what sort of person I am. It is drilled into they little mushy minds that I AM the dog. And when they turn 18, they be free to do whatever they want, whenever they want. Raising a kid is like flying a kite, if ya catch my drift. There are certain things I repeat to them over and over and over again, and one of those things is "don't argue with the cop." Another one is "avoid any reason for interacting with a cop". In fact, I might just give 'em that particular lecture tonight, and use this dumb-ass as a prime example of what NOT to do. Too bad that there are so many examples of what NOT to do, out there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.