Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Studio Couture Reviews? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2233
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have yet to go to Studio Couture, mainly because of lack of a web site. I assumed it was just women's apparel, but have been told that they also have some nice urban men's apparel designs as well. Has anyone else been in there recently?

1. What types of Spring/Summer fashions do they have?

2. How are their prices?

3. Can anyone go and look around?

4. How are their business practices?

From Model D; Studio Couture is open Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 11 a.m.-9 p.m. in Merchant's Row on Woodward Avenue.

Edited for grammar.

(Message edited by Sean_of_Detroit on February 10, 2009)

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 463
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly I love the place and have gotten much of my stylish part of the wardrobe from there
Prices start high but often end lower. The guy has a good eye in my opinion.
Its more urban/african american bent but certainly not limited to any genre by any means.
Spring summer fashions? thats for you to decide. Not always open in the morning hours. Certainly worth a visit.

Waymooreland
Username: Waymooreland

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to second Vas. It's a very cool store and they will do some bargaining. Haven't been in there since summertime, but they have a good selection of men's and women's apparel. Don't hesitate to just stop in for a look!

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You live downtown now, right? Why don't you walk over there and find out for yourself.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So you aren't actually interested in going there? You just want people to talk about it?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is never about me Cheddar. I was trying to get a good discussion going on Studio Couture. I seriously thought you would be smart enough to see that.

It's true, until literally the other day, I hadn't been aware they would have anything I might like. I'm a busy person, when I did try, they were closed. It must be nice to have time to walk around the city and neighborhoods every time you want to know something. The move was meant to free up time to spend with my family, friends, and work.

Aah to be young and have time to treat Detroit as my playground again. Enjoy it Cheddar, it goes by fast.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spirit, no, I am. I just find it interesting that Cheddar found who I am, relevant. He's never met me. He has just read a couple posts here, and keeps trying to sabotage topics (my opinion).

Getting back on topic, I am interested in their styles, and past performance. All comments are appreciated! Thanks guys.

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm a busy person,...It must be nice to have time

Busy, huh? No time, huh?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2249
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You love keeping things off topic, don't you?

Seriously though, you got me there. DetroitYES was my home away from home when I was away.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2250
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nevermind. Cheddar decided Studio Couture isn't to be discussed by me at this time.

Vas and Waymoorland, thanks. I'll re-ask my more Detroit related fashion questions on here next week, after I go in to browse. That way maybe he will decide I am worthy of discussing this topic.

PS: Am I a real Detroiter yet Cheddar? Or do I have to live on Seven and Outer Drive first?

Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're missing my point, so I'll spell it out for you: Less talking and more doing. Next time, instead of posting some stupid questions about some place you're probably never going to go to, post a review of some place that you did go to. Tell us what you did like or didn't like about some new business. Make it semi-literate and maybe people won't rip on you.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2251
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really don't care if people rip on me. Judging by above comments, I'm guess your main problem is that you assume about people, or think you can read them. Let me remind you you never once met me, and even if you had, you still wouldn't know me enough to know what's best for me. You are an outsider to me, and are judging me and talking as an outsider. You seem to do it to a ton of other people on here too.

I have a blog for posting my reviews and thoughts. On DetroitYES, I usually ask questions or contribute data. You were one of the people that suggested that to me. You appear to be a smart person.

Cheddar, your not getting it. I ask some of these questions because I am not only looking for information, but also enjoy reading people's reviews and responses. I'm trying to become a business owner myself, so I am not just wasting time talking. I'm planning and trying to learn and grow. I analyze everything, from responses to businesses, to this entire city. If more people put time into these stages, we might not have so many viable ideas not working out.

Detroityes is so much more than just some silly forum. It's a great tool to help improve this city, and help our young (like me) learn and grow.

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 84
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude, don't be such a drama queen. Just go to the store, check it out and report back on how you liked it. You obviously know when it is open, so take a break from analyzing other people's opinions and take a field trip over to Woodward.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1670
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...here is something to think about. All the time spent going back and forth talking about the store and who said what, could have been time INSIDE the store. GO FIGURE!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.