Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Deminski and Doyle « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 660
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im really glad these guys have found work, and didn't have to leave town either.
Has anyone listened to them since they started broadcasting on WCSX? Are they a good fit for that station? And, how do they stack up against Mike In The Morning on Wrif?

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone is better than Mike in the morning. Mike has turned into a little girl since Drew left the show. It is one retarded interview after another, American Idol analysis, and stupid shallow comments from Mark. I used to be a big fan of D&M, but mike was clearly riding Drew's coattail all that time and he needs to be canceled!

On the other hand, D&D have been great. I'm so glad there is something new to listen to in the morning.

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was really bummed when D&D were taken off of their afternoon hour and switched to mornings. Their show never really felt like a morning show. Wishing I could catch a bit of them in the mornings now, but having moved away from the Detroit area makes that a little more difficult. Just need to remember to fire up WCSX online and see how they're doing. Did they bring back Rudy and the Beav? I know they talked about Beaver leaving the radio business, but he was a pretty integral part of their show.

Melody
Username: Melody

Post Number: 324
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love Mike in the Morning! I think Mike W., Mark and Trudi have done a great job helping build a show around Mike Clark, who is a total doof -- I love it. I listen to Mike in the Morning and then Detroit Today.

I used to listen to D&D in the afternoon but have not since they switched to mornings. I liked the show when I listened because of all the listener interaction, but I thought Dominski's views on women are too different from mine to really be a fan.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5732
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Public, you can listen to them live on wcsx.com

I'm glad they're back, and they seem to be doing fine in the A.M.
Still have the Friday games, etc. I usually am not up for the early hours, but I catch them for the last hour or two, and they sound great.
The Beav is gone, but Rudy is still there along with the traffic girl. They have a guy from Fox 2 on there with them also, Jason something. He's Beav's counterpart I think

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 662
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jason Carr.
Im just glad they at least decided to replace a local show with anyone. In this day and age of nationally syndicated talent everywhere, it's nice to see they stuck with someone local. They easily could have picked up a national show.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

National show... like Bob and Tom? Anybody a fan?

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1922
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D&D are better than Mike.

But Deminski's comments about his wife and mother are pretty annoying. In fact, the other day he was making fun of the notes his wife took of the Grammys (which she gave to him to help him with his show), and I told my car to start up the iPod.

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 315
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not only can you listen to them live online, but they also have their segments podcast, so you can download those for free.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob and Tom has got to be the least funny show in the history of radio. I can't think of a duo of bigger tools.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.