Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Quick bus question... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DDOT transfers are accepted on SMART buses, right? Why are DDOT transfer tickets valid 4 hours, but SMART only 2?

Is this ticket printed wrong, or is this policy? I am a regular on DdOT but this is my first venture North of 8 mile on SMART.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been a while since I've used a SMART transfer, but I believe they're valid for three hours.

The_ed
Username: The_ed

Post Number: 787
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 2 bus systems have their own rules.
If you get a SMART transfer and travel, let's say north on woodward, and get off somewhere along the way...you can use that transfer to go back south on the same busline to where you started. The transfers tell you how long you have to use it.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1418
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got it figured out...I used the DDOT transfer from the 53 to get on the Gratiot SMART bus to Macomb Mall. I just noticed that the DDOT transfer was 4 hours and the SMART transfer was 2. Maybe it depends on the route? I figured they would be longer than that!

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SMART transfers are three hours, or at least they were the last time I checked. I have a bus pass so I don't have to bother with transfers.

The DDOT transfer lasts longer but you can't use it to reverse-ride. The SMART one doesn't last as long but doesn't have a reverse-ride restriction.

And as you mentioned, DDOT and SMART accept each other's transfers, and Blue Water Transit also accepts SMART transfers at 23/Gratiot. The People Mover doesn't accept anything. Transit Windsor had a program going on with DDOT and SMART, but a glitch occurred and I'm not sure that's still going on.

Dcmorrison12
Username: Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Professor Scott, this is great news!! I've been blowing an extra 1.50 each way when I would travel from my aparment in Midtown to Downtown and then catch the SMART bus to lakeside mall to visit my girlfriend. AHHH, so much wasted money, I've taken the trek a few times. Darn... well, now that I know I can use the transfers for both, I won't be so foolish about it,...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.