Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Security has to restrain Conyers » Archive through February 11, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4105
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not fan of Kenyatta, not even a little bit, but boy did he get Monica, here:

quote:

Security has to restrain Conyers

BY ZACHARY GORCHOW • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • February 10, 2009

Detroit City Council President Monica Conyers had to be restrained during a confrontation last week with Councilman Kwame Kenyatta in which she hurled insults at Kenyatta about his hearing aid, health and education.

Kenyatta would not discuss who said what except to deny Conyers' assertion in the argument that he has cancer and to say he never raised his voice.

He called Conyers' behavior petty.

"It's classical Monica Conyers," he said. "She's unprofessional. She's disrespectful. She's insensitive."

Sources who described the incident on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter said the Feb. 4 argument escalated after Conyers called Kenyatta stupid, following his insistence that she submit in writing her request to cut his budget.

When Kenyatta asked her what she said, Conyers responded he needed to learn how to talk to a woman.

Kenyatta shot back that when he was with a woman, he would do so.
That prompted Conyers to yell at Kenyatta that he was stupid, citing his lack of a college degree, tell him he "can't hear" -- a dig at his hearing aid -- and try to rub in his face rumors that Kenyatta has cancer.

Oh, snap!

And, Detroit continues to suffer because its council president is an oversized kid. Grow the f%ck up, Monica.

(Message edited by lmichigan on February 11, 2009)

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 771
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good things will happen if you remove this blood sucking criminal and deterrent of progress from this city.

(Message edited by rjlj on February 11, 2009)

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 181
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City council sounds like a typical High School.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4106
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is almost down to the word what happened with her and Cockrel. She's always trying to pass herself off as some lady, and chiding men for supposedly not knowing how to treat a lady. Ms. Conyers, I knew a lady. A lady was a friend of mine. President, you're no lady. :-)

Let's just say that the next time she has to be restrained, I hope that it's to take her away to the crazy house. I also hope her husband is finally forced to say something about this situation. I don't usually criticize politicians because of their spouses, but this is getting ridiculous.

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 102
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica keeps it real once again.

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She'll blame it on PMS and say "men don't understand."

Being a woman myself, I don't understand her.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"When he is with a woman he will do so" lol Best line ever.

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 240
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With all the phoney reality TV crap on the air, how about a documentary crew to follow Monica around. It would make compelling viewing and could generate much needed funds for the city.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4985
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I also hope her husband is finally forced to say something about this situation. I don't usually criticize politicians because of their spouses, but this is getting ridiculous.

He still has a respected reputation, doesn't he? You'd think he'd be worried about guilt by association and either divorce her or tell her to reign in the crazy. She is not an asset to him.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"You'd think he'd be worried about guilt by association and either divorce her..."

She isn't the type of person who would go off quietly into the night. If he divorced her I'm guessing there would be plenty of bean spilling.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2786
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit does have one of poorest graduation rates in the USA which could be why the council has idiots like Conyers warming seats.
Product(s) of a poor product perhaps?

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 955
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conyers is a loser and a perfect reflection of Detroit's reality...

Blow up the council and get some new blood. It might be a better idea to have people who don't live in Detroit run Detroit. This way they can make some tough decisions that seem to never be made.
People are too emotional about Detroit. Makes gigantic cuts and move on!

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1702
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

completely bat shit crazy

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is a horrible beast.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 243
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is an embarassment, to the city, her husband, her race, her gender......Each time she opens her mouth she proves once again that she is unstable. I cannot understand John Conyers standing by quietly while she tarnishes his career as well...but then again, she is completely uncontrolable.

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my God what a joke!

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3672
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome

hopefully next year at this time she'll be sitting in a jail cell instead of sitting on city council

Pam

Post Number: 4986
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Detroit does have one of poorest graduation rates in the USA which could be why the council has idiots like Conyers warming seats.

No, she is highly educated. From her bio on the city website:

quote:

Councilwoman Conyers earned degrees from the University of the District of Columbia School of Law (Juris Doctor), Central Michigan University (Masters Public Administration) and Bennett College (BA Secondary Education/ Political Science)

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 324
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joel Thurtell contributes this, and more, today on his blog:
quote:

I would not follow Monica down the path of personal insults by suggesting that she might lack some of the native gifts she accused Kenyatta of not having.

Why, hey, it could be that the Mon was stressed out when she took the Michigan bar exam on four separate occasions, failing it cold each time.

. . . Kwame Kenyatta might wonder: What good is that law school diploma if the Mon can’t muster the moxie to pass the bar exam?

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a line by Kwame, I almost fell out of my seat laughing.
I'm curious as to exactly what disorders she has, are there any Dr.s in the house that can explain?

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 443
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The local white 'lynch Mob' media is in desperate need to sale papers. They understand the 'basic white' people (their main customer base) addiction to be entertained by the sensationalized stories behind the scene of Detroit's Black municipal personnel.

Whether true or false, it is irresponsible for the 'local-media' to continue to report on the behind the scene pothering with our city leaders. The reality is, this is normal behavior. All around the world in board rooms, meeting rooms, and even family dinner tables etc...when you have a group of decision makers and the like, agitation and commotion are common. We need to understand that our leaders are not exempt from such behavior.

I am elated and relieved that 'we' have a Black paper, (Michigan Citizen) that can add some balance and truth to the on-going lynching of Black people in this city!

blksoul_atcha!
are the ones we have been waiting for!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x, Ms. Conyer's behavior is NOT the norm in the corporate world. I can assure you anyone who acts in such a manner would be looking for a job.

Her behaviors are shameful.

I also notice her apologies are rather lame. They never say, "I", it's always "we". Take responsibility for your bad behaviors.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5251
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dismissing her rants *normal* behavior pretty much explains Blksoul's problem.

Even of the seven blacks on council only one behaves this way so it can't be argued as a cultural difference, either.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6635
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_x, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here and say that Ms. Conyers' behavior here is not common. I don't ever recall the majority of my fellow co-workers here having to apologize for such juvenile behavior at work. We can all have spirited disagreements without having to resort to losing one's tempers and losing a sense of decorum. How does calling fellow co-workers childish names have anything to do with getting things done? Where is her respect for her fellow council members- black or otherwise?

Pam

Post Number: 4987
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, mocking someone for being deaf and having cancer is definitely not normal behavior.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Schizophrenia: A group of psychological disorders characterized by distortions of thought, perception, and emotion as well as bizarre behavior and social withdrawal.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 349
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So in laymen terms - that B17@H is CRAZY!

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 138
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do we petition for her removal?

it's ridiculous-- we've got way bigger things to think about than how stupid monica is acting on any given day. it's distracting and takes energy away that could be put towards constructive purposes.

ugh-- i truly hate her for being so selfish and ignorant.

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do we petition for her removal?

it's ridiculous-- we've got way bigger things to think about than how stupid monica is acting on any given day. it's distracting and takes energy away that could be put towards constructive purposes.

ugh-- i truly hate her for being so selfish and ignorant.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 444
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The style of the new Black voice in this land is born out of the lack of 'freedom of speech' within the poorer Black population. To us, there is no such thing as 'freedom of speech' in amerikkka. So then, being from that philosophy, please don't mistake our INTENSITY with hostility or bad behavior when we speak.

We believe, (that is, the new Black voice), that there is no such thing as 'freedom of speech' in this kkkountry'. So what's the recourse? Then, when we do speak, or make a point, we speak the TRUTH, we speak CLEARLY, we speak FIERCLY, and we don't care whether one likes it or not!

That's the school that sista' Conyers is born out of.

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones that we have been waiting for.