Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Security has to restrain Conyers » Archive through February 11, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9381
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blcksoul_xcuses.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 796
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

how do we petition for her removal?

It's too too late for that, there's an election coming up though.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 560
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soul,

This may be normal for the Detroit City Council, but it sure ain't normal for the rest of us. "Irresponsible" is the classic word used to describe journalism by people who wish the so-described stories weren't reported.

O.

Townonenorth

Post Number: 797
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BSX, the discourse was between two Black people.

The complaint was made by a Black man.

quote:

don't mistake our INTENSITY with hostility or bad behavior when we speak.

So where is the confusion? Was Kwame Kenyatta suddenly struck White or something?

Crazy talk is just that. It has no color BSX.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 245
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BULLSHIT! Blksoul

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 519
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BSX I guess her letter titled "My sincere apology" wasn't any indication of bad behavior?

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 445
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Townonenorth stated...
quote:

BSX, the discourse was between two Black people.

Are you serious? Read back up to how I concluded my post...

I Clearly stated...
quote:

That's the school that sista' Conyers is born out of.

There ought be no confusion here. I didn't write that ALL BLACK AFRICANS were from that school of thought!

Your attempt to confuse the 'basic-white' reader has failed__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones that we have been waiting on.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9384
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then sista' Conyers needs a new job where professionalism is not required. What she does not need is to have her poor behavior excused, thus sending a message that losing your temper and flinging childish insults is acceptable if you are the a certain color. That is not what the young men and women who may look up to their city leaders need.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3674
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul:

Congrats on being a living, breathing example of what is wrong with this f*cked up city.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every person is entitled to his view point. I wish we could repect Blksoul's views and stop turning every thread into an arguement with him.
This is about the crazy lady we call Monica.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2637
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seeing as how your President is black I figured you would give up calling your country Amerikkka, but I guess I'm wrong.

Sista Conyers is ignorant, plain and simple. And the only reason this idiot still serves in office is because of name recognition and the fact that some would justify her actions as some sort of "black thing". Both reasons are bullshit and ultimately its this shithole city and its residents who pay for it.

Townonenorth

Post Number: 799
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

That's the school that sista' Conyers is born out of.

Damn fine school that one... Everyone should aspire to be Just.Like.Her
quote:

Then, when we do speak, or make a point, we speak the TRUTH, we speak CLEARLY, we speak FIERCLY, and we don't care whether one likes it or not!

Speaking Clearly and Fiercely is find and dandy, only once you cross the line to personal attacks and confrontation, it becomes a little problematic, don't it? And the Truth is all about perception, isn't it? Her truth may be a little different than most people... go figure!

Thejesus

Post Number: 3676
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenp:

I respect Blksoul's views about I much as I respect David Duke's.

People like them don't deserve to be taken seriously by anyone, and they aren’t for the most part.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2345
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, acting crazy is just an expression of a rich cultural tradition? wow, the stuff you learn around here...

Thanx for clearing that up for me. I always thought crazy was crazy, but now that i know it is a cherished expression of cultural relativism.

Goodness, David Duke never could have flipped that script with such aplomb. Crazy ain't crazy, it's black. jeeze. Next time I see Skeeter, downtown's car window cleaner, I'll just chalk up his invisible posse as
fellow travelers of BlackSole10 brigade.

Thx 4 da hep.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3496
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For some reason seeing these two thread titles together gives me an idea:

"Security has to restrain Conyers"

"Cage fighting arena coming to Macomb Mall?"

What if we convene the next City Council meeting under the auspices of the cage-fighting concern? :-)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6636
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we also look at this from Kenyatta's point of view?

I can only imagine what he's thinking looking across the table at this woman mocking and insulting him. Again, it's one thing to disagree firmly and another thing to fire off inane insults.

Blksoul_x- if you truly believe this is appropriate, why did Conyers have to apologize afterwards? There are rules of decorum for meetings held- Monica obviously stepped across the line.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 453
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's also called no class.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1704
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

john bennett's version is way better

http://www.firejerryo.com/

quote:

Kenyatta v. Conyers

By now you may have heard about the near skirmish between Council President Monica Conyers and Councilman Kwame Kenyatta recently. The story goes like this, Conyers stormed into Kenyatta's office to inform him that he would have to cut his budget by $100,000 but he informed her that he may not be able to however he would get back to her. Well that wasn't enough for "Sugar Ray" Conyers, she persisted and became loud about the matter so Kenyatta reportedly told her she needed help, as in psycho-councilwoman. "Sugar Ray" Conyers didn't like that and got belligerent, so Kenyatta delivered the knock out punch when he reportedly said okay City Councilperson A, in reference to the FBI investigation where Conyers is believed to be City Councilperson A in the court fillings. Well "Sugar Ray" Conyers didn't like that and attempted to leap over Kenyatta's desk and security had to remove her. The rematch, we hope, will be at Ford Field, LOL!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5255
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really hope Bennett's wrong about having to wait until April for the Feds to move. They can't act soon enough.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 695
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If security had to remove her, why didn't he file a personal assault charge. I would have sent him flowers and a congrats card.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 446
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Johnlodge', I happen to agree with you. Strong young intense leaders like Sista Conyers would be more fitted toward the specific issues hampering the broader Black population.

I for one, have been accused of a similar 'hostile' label during my stint in so-called corporate amerikkka'. My intensity was the reason that my 'basic-white' counter-parts where skeptical and fearful. Reversely, I felt the same way about them.

However 'basic-white' rules of intensity are described and applied toward aggressiveness and competitiveness. On the other hand, the new Black aggressive behavior is considered inappropriate. The 'white privilege' concept prevents them from hearing and recognizing the coded cruel, inappropriate behavior and dehumanizing ways to which they go about rising to the top of the so-called chain of command.

Perhaps the only wrong doing is that Monica is keeping-it-real, as opposed to the use of coded insults and such as the larger society expresses__go figure!

The reality is, most Black politicians are fighting a losing battle trying to uphold the democracy of amerikkka'. Despite the respectful efforts by our ancestors, it was never built for us. Historically, it does more in dividing our people than galvanizing our people__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
We are the one we have been waiting for!

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3292
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread makes me think of this song for some reason:

http://www.last.fm/music/Bessi e+Smith/_/Nobody+Knows+You+Whe n+You%27re+Down+and+OUt

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 345
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

never laughed more than after watching the great chappelle "when keeping it real goes wrong..."

i think most of us can agree that ms conyers has "gone wrong..."

Sparty06
Username: Sparty06

Post Number: 186
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Biksoul,
Conyers made fun of Kwame because he may have cancer. How is that appropriate behavior, especially for city council person of a major city?

Townonenorth

Post Number: 800
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BSX:

One set of behavior rules for Black America (note spelling), another for the White? Stunning logic.

Using that analogy, if the Whites acted out using the "fierce intensity truth" rules that you have laid out, would this be acceptable behavior? I'd bet not.

And I've wasted my 800th post on THIS? go figure!

(Message edited by townonenorth on February 11, 2009)

Thejesus

Post Number: 3677
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I really hope Bennett's wrong about having to wait until April for the Feds to move."

Could you provide a link to these comments?

Thejesus

Post Number: 3678
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Conyers made fun of Kwame because he may have cancer. How is that appropriate behavior, especially for city council person of a major city?"

She was just speaking the truth, clearly and fiercely.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Towny, don't fret the 800th.
I've hit that number several times.
Sooner or later Lowell ends up resetting for some reason or another. First back in 2001 or 2002, then there was the re-registration in 2003. Then, oh hell I can't remember them all. Just trust me, the count don't matter.

Townonenorth

Post Number: 801
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmil, I know that, I was just kidding. Lots of people make note of it, I never have before today. It's kind of like an odometer of sorts, except Lowell gets to adjust the milage from time to time.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1705
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well this particular person also does not agree with BSX

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090211/NEWS01/90211051/Kenyat ta+to+Conyers++Apology+denied