Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Rev. Holley Busted By TV2 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 552
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dp p/news/prob_solvers/Minister_I n_Trouble_for_Cashing_Check

Scott Lewis did a story last night showing Rev. Holley endorsing, cashing and taking $5K from a $20K third party check issued by DTE for a charity to buy gun locks. Eventually, only $5K of the check was made available to the purchase of gun locks.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 536
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He has some xplaining to do.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 775
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucy, Splain yourself.

Ct_alum
Username: Ct_alum

Post Number: 102
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody planning to file criminal charges? Didn't think so. Just another day in my city............you have to laugh or you won't stop crying.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Just another day in my city............you have to laugh or you won't stop crying.

People who don't live here keep asking me why I find this stuff so funny.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 892
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonder who tipped off Mr. Lewis about this one. This has been percolating for a year or so. Here's hoping that Mr. Lewis stays on the story and tries to get more answers. Just wondering, does Rev. Holley have a board to answer to at Little Rock or is he able to call all the shots over there?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5259
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Anybody planning to file criminal charges?

The most likely charge would be tax evasion and that would take a bit of digging and analysis to make the case - it wouldn't be overnight.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure DTE will get something brewing...

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote: "you have to laugh or you won't stop crying."
Yes. "makes you want to holler, throw up both your hands."

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 375
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said, Marvin!

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 925
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't a charge be "uttering and publishing?" Only the Council of Ministers could endorse that Check and Holley (who it seems isn't a member of the council) endorsed it as if he was an authorized signer. The bank has to go after him.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 744
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thinking about going into white collar crime. Apparently it pays huge dividends with zero risk.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5260
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tax evasion in China is punishable by the death penalty.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 274
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Half the population of the United States would be dead if that were the case here.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think i know who tipped him off...former employees of his charter school are suing him now

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 553
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was an update on the TV2 News this evening. Tim Skubick interviewed Rev. Holley in Lansing and Rev. Holley stated he would write a check for $20K to DTE to settle the matter. Hopefully, that will be confirmed by Scott Lewis.

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Either the charter school folks, or anyone who worked at the St Regis hotel Holley schilled for with Herb Strather. That's who I am betting tipped off Fox2.

So he wrote a check restituting the 20k? Big deal, and how does he plan on justifying the 20k expenditure to his parishoners? I don't believe he does have a Board at Little Rock... but I can't believe that the IRS would turn a blind eye to using tax-exepmt charitiable church funds to make good on attempted fraudulent transactions.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 8986
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay.

Time for more dirt on these earthly pastors!

Urban_shocker
Username: Urban_shocker

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Rev." Holley owes me $50 for services rendered at DAAS in 2007. Top flight operation over there.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! Bunch of haters in this thread! Come on guys, he ONLY kept $2000 out of $20,000! Well OK, he initially took $5000 but apparently he gave $3000 back to the original thief. And plus, he is, afterall, the one who cashed the check, that's got to be worth something! And plus, the $2000 he kept went to "the church". What's wrong with that? And plus, his congregation is going to pay back $20,000 on a $2000 fraud he committed. That should make everything OK and any further scrutiny is just plain racist.

See in the good ole'days, Kwame could have funneled this check through one of his many "charities" and everything would have been fine.

Since the mastermind of pilfering has been run out of town, these clowns are on their own. They thought they could run things "business as usual" without Kwame. Clearly, they don't have the expertise or pull that the Kwamster had and they got BUSTED.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.