Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Compuware hires KK » Archive through February 12, 2009 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WTF?

Pete, you just made my shit list.

quote:

February 11, 2009

Kilpatrick expected to get job with Compuware affiliate in Texas

By DAWSON BELL and KATHLEEN GRAY
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is expected to be named to a new job in Texas with Covisint, an affiliate of Detroit-based Compuware Corp., a person familiar with the arrangement told the Free Press on Wednesday night.

Compuware Chairman Peter Karmanos was preparing to announce the hiring Thursday, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Kilpatrick’s duties were not defined, but would not include contact with Detroit or Michigan-based customers. Covisint develops systems for large computer networks to communicate with one another.

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090211/NEWS01/90211120/Kilpat rick+expected+to+get+job+with+ Compuware+affiliate+in+Texas

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the upside in this for Compuware?

Det_ard

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see an upside. KK never had any pull outside of Michigan, and now he doesn't even have that except amongst a small band of loyalists (which apparently includes Karmanos).

The downside isn't that big IMO because outside of the state few really care about KK one way or another. I just don't see what value he is to Karmanos as an employee. I guess it's just loyalty, or the old picture of Peter and a goat.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4111
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karmanos has always been a big Kilpatrick contributor, hasn't he? Am I remembering incorrectly, or did Karmonos contribute to Kilpatrick's legal fund during the investigation and impeachment?

Det_ard

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karmanos has long been one of Kwame's bitches. He gave $100K to a KK PAC in '05.

Salvadordelmundo
Username: Salvadordelmundo

Post Number: 140
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't Kilpatrick still facing some undefined federal corruption charges that will come up in the next few months?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6638
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KK will probably use his oratory skills to cool off the computers for Pete Karmanos.

In the light of seeing so many immensely talented highly qualified people getting let go in all sorts of business, this just screams of political payback.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6639
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who would want to share a cubicle with that dope?

Would you?

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Compuware just let go a bunch of people too...

Smogboy

Post Number: 6640
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And something tells me that KK isn't exactly starting off in the mailroom either.

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 2572
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karmanos must have one or two skeletons in his closet in regard to the deal that brought his business downtown and built a new headquarters building.

Det_ard

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, nice scoop Freep. Over an hour later and still nothing on Detnews.com.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 651
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't be surprise if this was in the making way back when KK was meeting with the business community and supposedly they were talking to KK about resigning. Privately he was most likely negotiating something like this even then

English
Username: English

Post Number: 428
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see this as a good thing. At least he has a j-o-b... this way, the CoD residents will get their restitution faster. His paychecks will likely be garnished right away.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point English.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 431
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Atwater. I suppose he couldn't work for Pete K. here in Detroit because of the media attention and the threats to safety his family may have faced.

I wonder how probation will work with him out of state. Will the authorities here work with TX courts, or will he have to fly back and forth?

Ktkeller08
Username: Ktkeller08

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Compuware did lay off people now and last fall.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090212/B IZ/902120353/1001
Well at least Kwame can get a job there.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 395
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't imagine what that nincompoop could do for Karmanos. Sales? Who could trust him. Law Dept.? No,lost his license. Public relations? Well he is good at relationships, wait that was his downfall here. Any ideas?

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a surprise. Karmanos has been strongly behind/defended KK, regardless of his actions.

KK needs to make at least $500k/yr. He must pay $200k/yr restitution, plus he is paying $36k/yr rent. Thats damn near a qtr mil before taxes he needs. Only someone with deep pockets would be willing to pay that to KK. Especially since the future is so cloudy for their new employee.

What does Karmanos get out of it?
Maybe KK learned some new skills while in jail.
OOPS!, look fellas, I dropped the soap again. LOL

Good riddance. Real odd to let this information get out at the same time 250 employees were laid off for restructuring.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So it all makes sense - he laid off 250 people here in Detroit, to make up for the salary/bonus/perks/bribes he has to pay KK to work for him. All he did was swap out the salary of those 250 - nothing lost by Karmanos whatsoever. KK must have some GOOD stuff on him!

One disgusting pig in bed with another disgusting pig. Did we expect any less?

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 280
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boycott the businesses in Pete's building, like Borders and the Woodward.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 246
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shame on Pete Karmanos....I thought he was an intelligent man until now. I sincerely hope tgis backfires on him.

Detroitbred
Username: Detroitbred

Post Number: 247
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shame on Pete Karmanos....I thought he was an intelligent man until now. I sincerely hope this backfires on him. Didn't he say that Kwame is " the best we've got"? If so, we are in big trouble.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4473
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does KING KWAME know about computers? All he ever knows is that he can throw a good office parties. Maybe Karmanos will give him one million dollars to pay off his debt to society and move on.

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

well played^

pete is a dick.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3793
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

like Borders and the Woodward.

No need, they're closing and closed (for good).

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3794
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's funny, they say Chicago's politicians are corrupt. Surely they have nothing on Detroit politicians...

Original63
Username: Original63

Post Number: 473
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

that will be of great help what a helluva suggestion.

Maybe we can boycott everything within 5 miles of Karmanos' bldg.

Better idea how about boycott the Cancer center with his name on it and ask the Patients if they feel better about Kwame after they refuse their treatment.

Also Taj boycotting the bookstore that is already closing down will prove Pretty ineffective.

We need better Ideas people and boycotting a broke ass city is the same kind of brilliance that has lead to this very Economic abyss.

The suburban people hate the city people so lets build a seperation wall and starve out people we all hate.

With all the damage Bush did to our country and the world where is the Hate and Boycott Texas campaign caouse he moved there??

Selective hatred and disgust are no longer welcome in my book.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 142
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You should boycott the Woodward for its overrated menu and shitty service, not because Pete Karmanos owns the building.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 896
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pete better keep an eye on Thug KK's fingers, they are fast and seem to pocket cash fast. I would suggest that he doesn't allow thug KK the use of a company cell phone with unlimited text capabilities.