Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Small Victory of the Day « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 539
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of the street lights on Harper, between Gratoit and Conner, were turned on. That's right ON. I'm so use to that stretch of road being pitch black at night that I thought I made a wrong turn. For some strange reason I felt uplifted when I saw the glare from the lights. The first thing that came to mind was VICTORY. That may not seem like much, but we need wins where ever we can find them.

My Small Victory of the Day= Working street lights on Harper

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 712
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Win some, lose some... All the lights along Trumbull between I-94 & Grand River were out tonight.

Jonesy

Post Number: 540
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, take that negativity somewhere else. :-)

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jonesy, I noticed them too. I think the wind turned them on. :-)

Jonesy

Post Number: 541
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL.
Hey Cub, I thought the City finally heard the pleas from a community activist. But I guess the wind is a more plausible explanation.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 368
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another possible small victory; the last burned out, standing building on Garfield seems to be undergoing a preparation for renovation. All the windows have been covered with plastic and there are men inside removing the remainder of its burnt guts. I think they might be planning another mid- med lofts type building. If true, I hope they plan on making them for rent.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.