Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Underestimating Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 992
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After all these years you would think that I would have learned my lesson.

From parking, to reservations, to sports events, and now to hotels.

I always underestimate Detroit.

My latest is April 5.

Its my wedding night, I promised my fiance that we would stay at the Book-Cadillac. I call them up, turns out that they are booked. I try every hotel worth staying at in the area, and they are all booked. What gives?

I later find out that March madness and the hoopla of the final four extends to April. Ouch, I am now without a hotel room. Its not the end of the world or anything, but still, it hurts.

Anyone out there with any connections to a hotel manager that could "hook" me up?

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3323
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Contact the newspaper, Would be a great story and PR for the hotel. Congrats by the way.

Garrick
Username: Garrick

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May not be your thing, but have you tried the B & B's? Might have a beautiful honeymoon suite available, and perhaps not as popular with the sporting madness types.

http://www.234winderstinn.com/
http://www.woodbridgestar.com/
http://www.theinnat97winder.co m/
http://innonferrystreet.com/05 /

I know there are more...

Mike

Post Number: 993
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Might be a good idea sstas, and thanks garrick, but I looked into them. They are booked as well.

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what about staying in windsor?

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sucks after promising your fiance. Try a Travel Agent (premium).

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take her to PR or DR and always look back on the best trip ever. Not too expensive, and hey, you tried to do the local thing.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 896
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Garrick's got the right idea. Also, did you try the St. Regis and/or the Omni Riverfront? If you get out of the CBD you might have a shot at getting a room.

N7hn
Username: N7hn

Post Number: 174
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get some sleeping bags and stay in the lobby. U didnt say you'd be in a room did u?

Mike

Post Number: 994
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Windsor is booked also, so is the Omni and others. Book-Cadillac called me yesterday and told me that they are actually not completely booked, but the are not selling any rooms to the public for that weekend. They will let me know about a week or two before the weekend what they have. They put me on a waiting list.

Her and I are leaving for hawaii on the 6th, she just really wanted to stay their for the actual wedding night. shes sort of a romantic renovationist, so i also tried the fort-shelby. they were booked also.

thanks for the advice, if i cannot find anything, i guess we will have to settle on hawaii directly.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.