Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Mentoring in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 466
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Everyone,
I just made the first step of contacting a few local mentoring programs to get involved. Thanks Lloyd Carr, michigan.gov and PSA's for getting me off my tail and finally doing it.

Any experiences with local groups that anyone can share?

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 467
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bumpity.

Awesome. Do any of the programs have online presence?

Emuaaron
Username: Emuaaron

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been mentoring for 4 years, and I started through the Children's Center, located at Alexandrine and Woodward. www.thechildrenscenter.com. Youthville would be another good idea. Boys and Girls Club.

Lakesuperior
Username: Lakesuperior

Post Number: 143
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

capuchin soup kitchen also has mentoring and tutoring opportunities, as does alternatives for girls (but you've got to be a chick, like me).

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2388
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You should page Detroitstar, he's a forum member that can point you in the right direction. Or contact Cub.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3796
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I volunteered with this program:

www.educateall.org

Wintersmommy
Username: Wintersmommy

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I mentor with http://www.alternativesforgirl s.org/
and i cant say enough good things about them! I love the organization and they do amazing things with the community. I have been matched up with the same girl for the past 3 years and i look forward to seeing her grow up

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.