Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Intra-City / Metro Transit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Christos
Username: Christos

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, I have some ideas on how we can improve transit in Detroit (and in the state as a whole) and I put it all on a blog:

http://sewersteam.blogspot.com /

I'm curious to see what you all think. While a lot of it is stuff you already know, there is a lot of info out there, and I'm just trying to piece it all together. Its too long of a post to put on here, but check it out the link!

Cushkid
Username: Cushkid

Post Number: 81
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a bad idea, I think getting the station out of the hands of the Crypt keeper might take some work, other wise the plan looks great.

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, you had me at the Graphic of the MCD being the new hub, its like you read my mind or my blog....http://onlyndetroit.com/index. htm

Great ideas in that piece, keep it up.

Christos

Post Number: 139
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jebus- thats a site! And if there was a solid plan to bring transit back to the state, I think Maroon would be eager to help- after all I think redeveloping the building is in his best interest, and he would look like a savior.

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree he would be a savior, but I believe in the last news interview that was done on him he said something like; "What is that...What can I do with THAT!"

we can hope I guess, but I won't hold my breath.

Christos

Post Number: 140
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The is the graphic from my blog, http://sewersteam.blogspot.com. We have a LOT of rail infrastructure, and a LOT of studies on installing better transit on our trunk line roads. This graphic kind of puts it all into perspective, and shows with a few changes in policy and service, you can have a GREAT regional transit network AND reuse Michigan Central as a train station!
Proposed and Current Rail/Transit network

Andyguard73
Username: Andyguard73

Post Number: 299
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christos, would you're Gratiot line end at Mt. Clemens, or go all the way to Port Huron? I'd hate to have to go through Flint to get to Detroit. (No disrespect to Flint, just saying thats a long roundabout route.)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.