Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Now this is cool - DSO free concerts @ schools & churches « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5303
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20090220/ENT01 /902200409

AND a $900,000 grant received to record again!
Top of pageBottom of page

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4154
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

In a bold new venture, Slatkin and the DSO will play several free concerts in Metro Detroit schools and churches in early September.

"I love doing that," says Slatkin, "and I think it's what I should be doing -- making connections with the community. We'll split the orchestra for these concerts, then at the end of the week, we'll invite all the folks we've played for to come down to Orchestra Hall to hear the full DSO." That concert also will be free.

Sounds really cool. I hope the region comes out and supports them, and then take up the offer to come down to Orchestra Hall.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.