Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Supino's Pizza « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Birdie
Username: Birdie

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know I'm late with this, but I just visited Supino Pizza in Eastern Market for the first time, and it is FANTASTIC. I'm so excited to go there again. The pizza is thin-crust and tasty - reminds me of some of my favorite pizza spots in Brooklyn. It's definitely worth a visit. In light of the recent closings, it is so nice to have a new(ish) business and is a reminder to be sure to support new and old small businesses as much as possible.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 937
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will put that on my to try list.

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 1:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love Supino Pizzeria!!!
My new favorite pizza joint.
Been there 3 or 4 times already in a few weeks.
The Supino is my favorite.
And they are open till 8pm-ish.
Highly recommended.

http://www.supinopizza.com/

Wintersmommy
Username: Wintersmommy

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have walked by that place a hundred times and never went in..i will try it now thanks for the recommendation! I love east coast pizza and have never found anything close out here..

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Birdie: Thanks for the tip! I miss that "East Coast" style pizza, so I'm glad to try it out.

Do they sell "By the Slice?"

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 468
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is good there. Nice local place, I guess the guy has a secret recepie from his Italian relatives.
I hate cheese pizzas as being plain but theirs was really tasty.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 551
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also recommend this place. I've been there atleast a dozen times. The prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly. During lunch they sell cheese, pepperoni, and their "specialty" pizza "By the Slice". The "Smokey" is by far the best tasting pizza in town.

Bobby_wobby
Username: Bobby_wobby

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive been there a couple of times,the place looks like it should be in some funky neighborhood in NY the pizzas are great, what a great addition to the D.

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 215
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Supino's is the best. I don't know about East Coast pizza, but his is very similar to what you get in Italy. Sometimes they have on special pizza with potato slices, which I've only ever seen in Toronto or Windsor outside of Italy.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Silvio's in Ann Arbor also has potato pizza. But it, too, is as Italian as the day is long.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.