Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Yet more humor from the council « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ video/18784527/index.html

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 732
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get them all outta here. The state should come in, wipe out the city council, change the charter, and hold elections for district/ward representatives.

Foxyscholar
Username: Foxyscholar

Post Number: 281
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who is doing all that extra co-signing in the background....

That was a hot, silly, foolish mess....

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They should just put cameras all over the CAYMC, and turn it into a giant reality show for VH1.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3571
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I presume the guy who kept whispering in Monica's ear was talking about the camera? Reminding her to cool it? Why else would he be so eager to block the camera's view? :-)

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love when that fool Conyers breaks out into song towards the end... classic crazy b!tch!!!

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love how Monica says that Cockrel makes absurd remarks even in front of "African American children"

Unbelievable

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you know, they should sell footage of these meetings as a Reality TV show. No one could write shit crazier than what goes on down there on a daily basis.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Unbelievable"

Really? What's so unbelievable about it? Nothing that happens at Detroit City Council would surprise me .

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1528
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pathetic.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 782
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was that City Council or Central High's Student Council? They sound like a bunch of caddy teenage girls.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 483
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I almost want to say that they seem most concerned with Bobby Ferguson being left out of the contract. Almost. But that couldn't be the case....

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 565
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am blatantly stealing Detroitchef's comments from another thread:

"ohhhhhhh maaaaaaaaannnnnnn.

for once, I have nothing to say, Not a thing."

Unbelievable in any other town!

Crosswordgirl
Username: Crosswordgirl

Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

love how mc thinks she won votes on her own as if her last name had nothing to do with it. can you say deluded?

and was it my imagination or was it mc who was on tape last year acting like an idiot with schoolchildren?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5342
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mc must have forgotten about all the time she took off "for medical reasons" last year

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, she wasn't into work much right after all the FBI talk hit the papers.

Wallins
Username: Wallins

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Monica Conyers on drugs or is she just plain crazy? She keeps telling Sheila Cockrel to do her job but Monica is the one who said it was a part time job as well as has missed a ton of work due to so called illness and her trips out of the country. Monica Conyers is the most disrespectful person in this city. She is a timebomb waiting to explode. Monica and the rest of the race baiters on council must go.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 708
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I truly think MonCon is emotionally unstable,whether that means she needs meds is not for me to say but I think she's unfit for public office and I will make that known at the next election for council.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 756
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 4:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MC is just plain nuts. As a person with a mental disorder she has my sympathy. But people, please, can we get her off of the council?

The city can't move forward with people in our government operating on a part time brain.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 486
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know they tried to get Stepin Fetchit off TV because he gave black folks a bad image. I wonder if the same will happen with Monica Conyers?
Can't you see the similarity?
Only problem is Monica is in a position of authority. She reminds me of the Kingfish in Amos and Andy. All full of herself and making stupid statements.

Chiclette
Username: Chiclette

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love da Kingfish but that crazy woman needs to learn how to act civilized.

One_shot
Username: One_shot

Post Number: 148
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It literally amazes me that such airheads can actually land a city council job! I don't know how or why somebody doesn't b#$slap Conyers! Typical ignorant, arrogant b%$#@!
If Kwame was thrown out (resigned) for stuff he covered up why can't they get rid of Conyers for BLATENT idiot behavior?

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just Two Words. Receivership. Inevitable.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3830
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone should hold Monica's behavior against John Conyers in a campaign for his House seat. Just like they used Kwame against Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick...

Firstandten

Post Number: 719
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John is insulated politically from his wife's batty behavior due to the fact of his long term in Congress and no credible politican will run against him due to that. Anybody running against John at this point will have to run a true grass roots campaign. That person is going to face the double NO's. NO money and NO endorsements.

MonCon on the other hand is in political trouble. Her name recognition I think has gone as far as it could go.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2803
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! That is the head of your council? If I owned a business and was thinking of moving it to Detroit I would think otherwise after watching Conyers yap about.
What was with the condescending singing at the end of that clip? But I do have to say, she talk a good game about being "paid by Detroiters" and representing Detroiters.
If she is "representing" Detroiters than what does that say about the people of the city?

Detroit doesn't need this windbag. Not now, not yesterday, not ever!

Samjkra
Username: Samjkra

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She needs to GO. Just get the hell outta here. The fact she kept repeating something along the lines of we're paid to do a job. Um Monica, DO THE JOB. She referred to someone not coming in, what about her? Didn't she go missing during the KK trial? What about her MIA and then not wanting to give an explanation of her whereabouts (not that we want a minute by minute play by play). She's a crazy hot mess and just needs to pack it up and GO!

Chiclette
Username: Chiclette

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If this was in Birmingham & the whole city council was white except one token black woman & they picked on & threatened this persons job like Monica
was doing to the token white woman on the board, I bet that token black woman would be yelling racism & having the NAACP on TV & protesting until the white woman who harassed the black woman was fired. Why don't white people have NAAWP?

Detroitred
Username: Detroitred

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She will undoubtedly be re-elected in November.

Goat

Post Number: 2811
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chiclette, they did. It was founded I believe, by David Duke, the KKK cocksucker from the south.

But I am sure she will be re-elected in Nov. if she isn't in prison by then. How is that FBI probe going anyway?

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who is more crazy, Monica Conyers or Paula Abdul?

My favorite quote "You don't know how to talk to a woman" What is that supposed to mean? Does she expect to get slapped?

Goat

Post Number: 2814
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No I do not. I said I believed that the NCWAP (or whatever the opposite of the NAACP is) was founded by a racist cocksucker. That is all.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 616
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The NAACP harass & are a bunch of whiners."

Slow down Chic.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 465
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"She will undoubtedly be re-elected in November."

She sure will, because no one has specifically called her out and challenged her. There is a certain segment of Detroiters who think she's just great and can relate to her.

Sadly, my mom is a huge MC supporter... thinks she's hilarious. Sigh. I hang my head in shame.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no fool like an old fool. If ignorance is bliss, than a lot of people in Detroit should be very happy!!!!!

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 569
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C: quote:
"Why don't white people have NAAWP?"

Because it is not necessary. To succeed, a person needs to learn discipline from caring parents, acquire social skills, get an education, and work hard. This will work most of the time for most people.
Monica Conyers does not appear to have learned discipline from caring parents or acquired social skills.
Ms Cockrel, the subject of Monica's rant, has. She has also worked hard for justice and done more for citizens of all races, going back to the days that she fought rampant racism and brutality in the DPD to her calming behavior among fools on the City Council today.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 684
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

...like Monica was doing to the token white woman on the board...

Shelia Cockrel is hardly a token white woman. I agree wit Bobl's post 569. Cockrel has been active in Detroit's progressive community since she was a child. She has been a high vote getter on council for years and came in 4th in her last election.

Firstandten

Post Number: 721
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still betting that MC will lose out in Nov. If someone remembers pull this thread out of the archives after the Nov election. After you see that I was right you folks can pool your money together and buy me a ticket to a Detroit Lions game. The tickets will be really cheap by then.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 575
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I first ran into Sheila (Irish name) later Cockrel when she led a Wayne State student organization called the Ad Hoc Committee. She was questioning the university's acquisition of property for it's expansion at that time (1969).

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 685
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shelia Murphy

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 913
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ms. Conyers, Ms. Collins and Ms. Reeves, with an entire 4 year term of erratic behavior, have set themselves up pretty well as individual targets for attack campaigning by non-incumbent candidates this fall. The quickest way for new folks to earn some name recognition is to make it a one-issue, personal thing, that is, removal of the incompetent 3.

This is only a playbook for new black candidates though. There will be a handful of credible white candidates who enter the race, but the reality of the political culture in Detroit limits their playbook. Indeed, even for the new black candidates, they'd better have a ready response for Ms. Conyers when she pulls out the Uncle Tom card.

Firstandten

Post Number: 722
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree swingline at least one or two could lose their spot I don't know yet if all three might go basing that of BRC . BRC has been around a while and with the support of the Shrine and other grass roots organizations she will be difficult to take out. Gary Brown if he decides to run I think will get in for sure. We will just have to see who runs.

If the polling numbers start to look bad for those three I could see the I'm blacker than you line being used a whole lot.

Detroitchef

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, you just know it's gonna be a "I'm blacker than you"fest come the CC elections.

Even if the FBI nails MC's ass to the wall, she's just going to claim she was railroaded by suburbanites and white media. BRC is fully loaded to the gills with rabid supporters who are convinced she walks on water, look at her stupid comment about how "The state of MI has always disrespected us" I'd love to see someone cal lthem on this crap... hell I'd loved to have had seen someone shove McPhail's demented ramblings down her throat and call her out about the flip-flop she has always done re: the Kilpatrick mess. But, the reality is, no one ever will.

During the last rant from MC to S.Cockrel, I totally expected Sheila to have gotten in a jab about the FBI probe.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5348
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McFail's not busy anymore...

Detroitchef

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, she and The Subway guy both had CAY's support from beyond the grave... don't count them out just yet!

Casstech1981
Username: Casstech1981

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica Conyers who?

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 315
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any city that elects Lonnie Bates will certainly re-elect Monica Conyers

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.