Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Photos of the abandoned HP police station « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quite an article in this morning's Freep covering the old HP police station. Some amazing photos, too, some have even reached YouTube. Another Ruin.

The HP mayor is quoted as saying that the Police Chief has "assured me any records or things of value have been taken out".

But check out those photos on forgottenmichigan.com. I appeared in that old court room room a few times. And one shot shows those (new) Michigan Reports law books sitting inside that beautiful, ornate wooden cabinet. The cabinet alone, even without those Reports, does not qualify as "something of value"?

I am calling the Mayor today and see if I can haul away that cabinet. He can keep the books. Since it has no "value," I am sure the cabinet is mine for the taking. But since the photo was taken over two years ago, there is a good chance the cabinet is now sitting in some HP official's living room.

Chiclette
Username: Chiclette

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Assured things of value have been taken out?
Wasn't that a picture of a gun? Isn't a life of value?

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in there over the summer and there were complete personal files with SS numbers, names, b-days, ect. of HP city workers, police officers, and firefighters. Unless they recently cleaned up, that is BS.

Lombaowski
Username: Lombaowski

Post Number: 139
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good pics

Lpg
Username: Lpg

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there around 1992 delivering new police cars. Had a chance to go inside to get out of the hot sun. Like a step back in time. Used the bathroom in the basement, looked up to see people walking over the steel grates on the sidewalk, just outside the windows.
While we were there, there was a fire run. The truck took a long time to finally start and proceeded to fill the fire station across the street with blue smoke. When he finally pulled out it looked like his building was on fire. We just stared at what was going on.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 577
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, people used to want to break out of that place, and now people are breaking IN?
"Who could imagine?"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.