Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit Sports Archive » Holding a Grudge for 15 years! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I'm still glad that we didn't shake their hands," Bill Laimbeer said Wednesday. "They were whiners and criers. Piss on them."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070504/COL 08/705040324/1051/SPORTS&imw=Y

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill Laimbeer still has a grudge with Michael Cooper of the Showtime Lakers. They were talking all kinds of trash at the All Star Weekend activities. Every team needs a Bill Laimbeer!

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 173
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill "LAME" BEER is a punk has always been a punk & will always be a punk with no class.
My fondest memory of little Billy was the 1979 NCAA's when State kicked the crap out of Billy & Notre Dame- Every time Magic & the Spartans scored LAME-Beer would be crying-what a supreme wuss!!!
That stunt Isiah & the rest of PISS head Pistons pulled walking off the floor was cheap low & classless like they were. They might have been 1989 & 1990 NBA champs but no class no class!
To draw a parallel, Even Ted Lindsay shook hands with the Montreal Canadians in the 1950's even though he was quoted: I hate them so much I'd play em for free! "

(Message edited by Eric w on May 12, 2007)

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 166
Posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember watching a game a while ago when Bill Laimbeer was still in the broadcast booth. They were playing the Bulls and he made some sort of snide comment. It was along the lines of "If anyone should know about carrying the ball, it should be the Chicago fans. Ever heard of Michael Jordan?"

I thought it was funny that he was obviously still holding a grudge from like 1991.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.