Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit Sports Archive » Wings up over Ducks 2 Games to 1 Feeling any Magic? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 181
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Wings took out Anaheim 5-0 last night- is anyone starting feel the Wings are heading to the finals? They've been a bit magical this playoff year-overcoming injuries,close losses and staging a couple big comebacks to steal clutch games. Another item: many different players coming up big when it was needed.
I'm getting a good feeling from the boys in Red & White.

Andysrc
Username: Andysrc

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could be! They were out-played in Game 1, but still pulled out a win, mostly because of Hasek. Every championship team needs to win a game or two that way at some point during the playoffs.

The last few years, it's been the reverse - the Wings playing out of their minds, but losing because they run into a hot goalie and can't put the puck in the net.

Everyone is contributing. It's a real tough road ahead, but if they can play well, they have a good shot.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wings vs. Senators (I bet on a Senator sweep tonight)

Wings in 5 for the cup. Ray Emery would have to be amazing for Ottawa to have any hope. Or the Wings could just shoot themselves in the foot like years before...

Southen
Username: Southen

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think game 4 is going to be very telling. The Wings were outplayed in both games 1 and 2 but absolutely destroyed the Ducks last night. Was game 3 a fluke, or does Detroit really have the upper hand now? We shall see soon enough, but I agree, this run does seem to have a bit of magic to it.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok. I was wrong. The Sens didn't sweep. Still Wings vs. Sens next round.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.