Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit Sports Archive » Johnnie Morton a UFC fighter? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Innercitydoc
Username: Innercitydoc

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And he wants to fight Matt Millen for calling him the 'F' word. This I gotta see

http://blog.mlive.com/highligh treel/2007/05/johnnie_morton_w ants_to_fight.html

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 232
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnnie Morton, YOU GOT KNOCKED THE F*CK OUT, maaaaann!!! Wow! The lesson learned is do not step into a MMA fight with no training! But, he can say that he lasted longer than Chuck Liddell in his last fight.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070604/SPORT S07/706040328/1126/SPORTS0101

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5345
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seeing him sprawled out in a neck brace was sad.

What's he thinking? Is it for the money? Vanity? Ego?

Ohudson

Post Number: 233
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was going to be paid $100,000 for the fight. That's a lot for a first fight, but I don't think it was a lot considering he played about 14 years in the NFL. He trained for 2 months and I couldn't even begin to think of what the hell was going thru his head.

The wrestler Brock Lesner who quit wrestling to tryout in the NFL (and failed) is also trying MMA. I understand that a little more than Johnnie Morton.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 232
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it me or Did morton look like a monseter...he was always a small WR and in the video he was huge...Roids?

he also refused to submit a urine sample...

Ohudson

Post Number: 235
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah he did look pretty big for 190 lbs. I can't see why you would take steroids if you know you will have a test after the fight? That whole Johnnie Morton MMA thing is just bizarre...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.