Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit Sports Archive » I love our Pistons, But « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my observations. They are out of sync and should have been swept after tonites game. They were lucky to have won the first two games at home. Chauncey is losing the ball almost everytime he puts the ball on the floor going to the hole. Rip has to work for every point he makes. Rashid is playing good, while Tay is mostly absent scoring. Flip Murray needs more playing time as he is the only one going to the hole with speed. Tonite the Cav's were hot and found a new star in Gibson. I'm guessing that our team will not be able to contain Lebron and Gibson and will lose at home and at Cleveland. Then the fat lady will sing. Even if the pistons pull this series out in seven, the spurs will close out Utah tomorrow and rest for 1 1/2 weeks. Our team will be burned out if they make the finals. It happened last year in the Eastern finals when the Heat beat us. Do any of you agree with my observations or have any of your own. I maybe totally wrong in mine and I hope I am. Don't beat me up, I love our team but something is wrong. Is it over?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 622
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only place I've seen Chris Webber in the past week has been on the side of my milk carton.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shouldn't this be in the sports thread?

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We played well individually last nite, but yes we were out of sync. Needs to be a team effort.

When Lebrons hot no one can really stop him. If we can contain the other players we will be fine. that rookie should not have gone off on us like that..He was the reason they won that game.

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 255
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Billups played 45 minutes last night...more than anyone else. hamilton logged 41. Perhaps Flip needs to use the bench a little more so Chauncey is fresher during crunch time. Just a thought....given the errors in the last few minutes. Flip has trouble trusting his bench in close games....despite what we were told were massive strides made during the year. If they make it to the next round, they will again be severely fatigued.

Dbest
Username: Dbest

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with some of your points of view. I think we need to 1.) move Sheed over to center and allow Dyess to start at power forward,Webber has lost his right to start with his lack of energy.

2.) Figure out a way to execute the curl for Rip,is it me or has our best offensive play dissapeared and I dont want to hear the cavs have figured a way to stop this cause nobody can when executed properly ask the Spurs.

3.) Establish sheed in the post early because its the season on the line and he will be ready to do whatever is asked of him.

4.)Guard the wings and baseline better, we did fairly well on the wings last night but allowed far to many open jumpers for Gooden on the baseline, we are going to have decide if were going to double team Lebron or stay on there guys like Gooden, I can understand this toss-up for defenders though its frustrating watching scrubs make open looks.

I for one still like our chances of taking our two remaining at home to win this series but we have to make adjustments to take this series.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm getting tired of seeing them miss easy shots under (or near) the basket.
They just seem to turn it on in spurts and that just ain't gonna cut it in this series.
I don't see the hunger and intensity you need to be a champion with this team. Joe Dumars will have to make some tough choices if this team tanks in this round.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5281
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even if the team wins it all, I think Joe D will still have some hard decisions to make. I think there's going to be some house cleaning this summer there and the Pistons team as we now know it will be a little different. I think he's going to try to keep the core, scrap some of the aging veterans on the bench (and their salaries) while trying to infuse it with players like Maxiell. And if Dumars can clear out enough room, I wouldn't even mind seeing them dipping into free agency a little more heavily.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Worst. Call. Ever.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What?

Focusonthed

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McDyess being ejected.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4488
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Cavs are the better team.

Smogboy

Post Number: 5298
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was appalled watching it. Everyone in the building knew it was going to be LeBron touching the ball and yet no one could defend him. And then when it came time for us to respond by sinking some baskets, the team grew cold. It was difficult to watch indeed.

I'm not saying the Pistons are done but OUCH, that game hurt.

Focusonthed

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah, I'll say it. They're done. Maybe they win 2 in a row, but then SA sweeps. Doesn't matter.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3869
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was truly one of the greatest performances in the history of the game. Too bad LeBron laid it on us, but give the devil his due.

It was simply awesome.

Now a two game win streak by the Pistons could nicely erase it. :-)

Smogboy

Post Number: 5301
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a performance worthy of note. I'm sure somewhere down the pipe in the NBA annals, this will be a classic.

But why did we have to be the butt end of the butt kicking?

sigh...

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 896
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dont think that i have ever seen anything like that, lebron scored every basket for the cavs late in the 4th, 1st ot, and 2nd ot. thats unheard of... i never thought he was really that good, i dont think he was all that, but damn, this game changes things. and the cavs are not the better team, they just have the best player on the floor right now, if lebron hits only half of his shots this game, the cavs lost, he steped up, pistons did not.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2234
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Game tied in regulation with 9.5 seconds to go. All the Pistons need is one point. Drive to the basket and get fouled. Make one of two free throws and the game is over, period.

In the mind of a great player, this would have been the scenario. In the mind of Chauncey Billups, the scenario is to hold the ball for most of the 9.5 seconds and try an unnecessary three-point shot. In the mind of a great player like Isiah Thomas, would this have been the scenario? No. That's why Isiah Thomas is in the Hall of Fame and why Chaucey Billups will not be.

CHAUNCEY BILLUPS MUST GO.

Focusonthed

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about Chauncey (we'll see), but there will be roster changes next year, and I don't think it'll be limited to Maxiell starting.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 542
Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love my Pistons but.... If they can't beat the Cavaliers, they don't deserve to be in the finals.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.