Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit Sports Archive » Chelios is Back « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1123
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/ news/story?id=2902115

One more year for Chelios.

Mkhopper
Username: Mkhopper

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This re-signing of Chelios and Hasek for another year has been brought to you by, Geritol. Depends. AARP. And Ensure.

I like these players as much as the next fan, but come on... It's time to step down and make room for some young blood. '07-'08 will be just one more season where the younger, up-and-coming players won't get a chance because the old guard just won't hang 'em up.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5417
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just because they sign Chelios & Hasek doesn't mean that they'll play every minute of ice time. I'm sure that they'll have limited roles just to preserve the a little bit for the Playoff run.

Quite frankly is there anyone else out there within the organization ready to take the place of these guys just yet? Is Jimmy Howard ready? And again, I'm sure Chelios ice time will be reduced if we had a healthy Kronwall, improvement to players like Lebda & Lilja and a return of Mathieu Schneider.

People scream for younger blood but from where? Free agency perhaps?? But that still doesn't mean Kenny Holland can't because Chelios & Hasek signed for very small sums comparitively.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.