Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit Sports Archive » Trade Rumors « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 667
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kobe to the Chicago Bulls??? Why would a balanced team that strong deplete their entire roster for one person? You'll just have an east coast version of the Lakers.

KG to Boston? Why oh why aren't we trying harder to bring Kevin Garnett to Detroit? We have more to offer in a trade than Boston does!

Top rumors are saying Wallace and Rip. I'd give one of them up, a bench player, and a draft pick for a pure offensive threat. No one, but no one, deserves two of our starters (read Shawn Marion).

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kobe will not go to the Bulls, they will have to give up too much to get him. If he goes to the Bulls, it will be via free agency next year.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1908
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kobe for Wallace, Gordon and their top ten pick is all it would take, and that would make them a little scary.

Boston only probably offers one player, the #5 and a few scrubs for Garnett.

The Pistons do not have the ammo for either player except for trading part of the starting four.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ESPN is reporting that Garnett is not interested in going to the Celtics.

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 247
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why should he want to go to Beantown? He's losing just fine in Minny.

Yvette248

Post Number: 668
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't want to go to the Celtics either.

I'm sitting here thinkin' that a lot of these superstars are tired of losing and want a ring. Does anyone seriously think Detroit wouldn't make it to the finals with KG? You've made your money man, come and play for a winner who just needs a little more offensive power.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5477
Posted on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know what the relationship between Garnett & Flip was like in Minnesota? Would that translte well here?

Smogboy

Post Number: 5490
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KG's agent on ESPN just nixed any plans of him going to Boston.

Yvette248

Post Number: 677
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Chauncey is officially a free agent now. Let the bidding wars begin.....

"The Lakers and Timberwolves are discussing a trade that would send Minnesota star Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles and perhaps be what disgruntled Kobe Bryant needs to stay in the southland, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday, citing league sources."

(Message edited by yvette248 on June 26, 2007)

Smogboy

Post Number: 5530
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It still might happen but I think this "rumor" is something leaked out by Danny Ainge to test the waters and see what fan reaction would be in Boston. It also includes Boston & Indiana in the mix as well.

If all that Boston were to get out of all this is Jermaine O'Neal I think that'd stink for Celtic fans. If this were to happen, the power shift would quickly move to the West with San Antonio, Phoenix and the Lakers slugging it out again.

Smogboy

Post Number: 5538
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Garnett to the Suns now perhaps?

Who knows! It's all so much posturing and seeing what kinds of reactions people can get it seems like. Why not secretly do this behind closed doors and stop leaking out the details to the media to elicit fan reaction. Like the old Nike mantra used to say...

Just do it.

or not. Quit teasing us!

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's everyone think about Rodney Stuckey?

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do not know about Rodney Stuckey, his bio is a lot like Flip Murray to me. I'm on wait and see mode.

Arron Aflalo seems like a Raja Bell type of player.

(Message edited by OHudson on June 29, 2007)

Smogboy

Post Number: 5549
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think with ANY of these rookies, it's a wait & see.

Call me a basketball agnostic, but until they can do it- I'm not going to be a believer just yet. In this day of media hype & hoopla (no pun intended), one can never be too sure. It just makes me think about the Maurice Clarett issue in collegiate football and all of the Heisman winners that have bombed.

Yvette248

Post Number: 698
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're comparing Stuckey to a guy named Joe Dumars who used to play for the Pistons.

:-)

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael Curry is back ... again. Looks like he's the new assistant coach.

Yvette248

Post Number: 701
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CHAUNCEY GETS A 5 YEAR - $60 MILLION CONTRACT. YAAAAYYYYY!!!

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not yet, Yvette

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 766
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a laugh out of CB's agent calling it a vicious rumor. Interesting choice of words. If the Pistons can sign him to the deal first reported with the 5th year being a team option that's a great deal for the Pistons. I think his agent is just hoping for other suitors but I don't think any other team is coming to the table.

Yvette248

Post Number: 706
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The agent is posturing - as evidenced by his "interesting" choice of words. According to the NBA executive offices, the deal is done.

imho

Smogboy

Post Number: 5577
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chauncey's agent did him wrong. I don't think he even hinted or really shopped his skills around. Not that I'm complaining about it but his agent didn't do enough to drive up his price. When (not if) Detroit finally inks him, I'll be relieved.

Yvette248

Post Number: 707
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think the other teams really thinks Detroit is going to give up Chauncey. None of the many piss poor NBA teams is going to pass on a All Star, championship level point guard if they really think they had a chance to get him. That's why no one is making a run after him.

Chicago only went after Ben because they knew he was so unhappy with Flip.

Smogboy

Post Number: 5584
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really think Andy Miller (who?), Chauncey's agent is way off base now. His accusations that AP and Chris McCoskey's reporting was inaccurate and "vicious" is just his attempt to garner more attention for himself. He isn't serving Chauncey's interests in saying these things. Obviously someone within the Pistons camp leaked this info out so for him to get so riled up is just to draw attention to himself. If he was truly trying to position and jockey for more money, he'd come out and say that they're still tendering offers from other NBA teams- and then LIST THEM. But obviously there aren't any other offers, comparable or not from the other teams. The rest of the NBA can't afford him or just plain doesn't need someone like Chauncey at the moment (and that's not to denegrate his effectiveness or talent as a player either).

Andy Miller had best just shut up and swallow some pride before the generous Joe D wants to play hardball and drop the amount in the offer. I don't think that the Pistons would because that would infuriate Chauncey somewhat but be careful who you pit venom at- it can come back to bite you.

Again, I think this is just Miller's way to posturing to show other prospective clients that he's fighting so adamantly for every last nickel. It's so transparent and stupid though. Be thankful you manage a talented player. Negotiate the best you can, but when somebody calls your bluff and you've got nothing, shut up and be gracious about it.

Yvette248

Post Number: 709
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Told ya so! :-)

As The News reported on Tuesday, Billups has agreed to a five year, $60 million deal. The club has an option on the fifth year. The deal can't be signed until Wednesday.

Yvette248

Post Number: 728
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, we have EXACTLY the same team that choked in the finals two years in a row! Amazing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.