Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » Old Car Factories » Archive through April 14, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3739
Posted on Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The most amazing thread ever just keeps rolling along. Great contributions all.

Here is an interesting link and message that came in through the website general mailbag this morning. I have encouraged the sender to join up.
quote:

I have the original factory archives of the Detroit Electric Co's These are the addresses for info on all pre-1940 electric cars see my website <http://earlyelectric.com>

Regards, GH

Anderson Carriage Co (1905,6,7). W C Anderson, pres.; Cyrenius A. Newcomb VP; WM Locke, treas.; W P McFarland (McFarlane) sec & supt. 1908: Electric sales 81-3 Jefferson.

Anderson Carriage Co (1910). Anderson pres.; Wm. Locke, treas.; WP McFarlane, sec. & super. Gordon Fairgrieve sales mgr. Repository 687-91 Woodward; Factory SW corner Riopelle & Clay. Battery & Factory salesroom, 687 Woodward; East side charging garage, 112-4 East Grand Blvd. Carl A. Kirsten, mgr. Detroit Electric Garage, 687-91 Woodward.

Anderson Electric Car Co (1913) factory @ Riopelle and Clay. W. C. Anderson, pres.: Wm. M. Locke, treas.: Wm. P. McFarland, sec & supt.: W. J. Gordon, gen. Manger. Of garages: G. D. Fairgrieve, sales mgr.: Garages @ 687-91 Woodward (old #), 112-114 E. Grand Blvd., and 17 Clairmount Ave. Salesroom and main garage 687 Woodward.

Detroit Electric Car Co (1919) W. C. Anderson, pres.; George M. Bacon, VP; A. C. Downing, VP; J. D. Wilson, sec; F. E. Price treas.; Factory 1214 Cass @ Antoinette.

Detroit Electric Car Co (1919) retail sales frank C. Herschbach, sales mgr. 5860 Cass (old # 1214) (1920-21).

Detroit Electric Car Co (1920-21) Anderson, pres.; A. C. Downing, VP; J. D. Wilson, sec; Frank Price, treas. 6561 (1725) Mt. Elliott (the Hupp plant).

Anderson Electric Car Co. (1920-21) M. S. Towson pres.; G. D. Fairgrieve, VP; Wm. McFarlane, sec; W. H. Locke treas. At corner of Russell & Aberle.

Detroit Electric Car Co (1923-24). Anderson, pres.: Geo. Bacon, VP: Jas. Wilson, sec; F. E. Price, treas; 5860 Cass.

Detroit Electric Car Co (1924-’25). Anderson, pres. & treas. Price VP & asst. treas. George L. Bixby, sec.

Detroit Electric Car Co (1929-’30). 540-80 Piquette. Alfred O. Dunk, pres.: Theo. Friedeberg, treas.; Harry G. Schmiel (dod 1965 +-), sec. 1931-’33, 1601 LaFayette Blvd.;

Detroit Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Co (1938-’39) A. F. Renz, pres. & treas.; Irene Theisen, VP; P. Crise, sec. 731-55 tenth St. (1940-‘41). 998 E. Woodbridge.

37packard120
Username: 37packard120

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey everyone...I had posted this on the the AACA Packard site and thought I would put it up here. Here is a link to a slide show of pictures I just took from the Packard Plant. I will hopefully have a link available soon where you can see the pictures individually in High Res....enjoy, (or cry).... :-(

http://img107.imageshack.us/sl ideshow/player.php?id=img107/8 519/1174920608eu4.smil

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 863
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neat shots! There are remnants left here and there. I recently discovered after being invited to a Beer Tasting there that the Grosse Pointe War memorial was a mansion owned by one of Packard's founding people, Russell Alger. There's a meeting room at the Dearborn Inn which is paneled from the Packard Board Room, for sure one of the pix you took.

Chrysler_transport
Username: Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the plant number of the factory across pilette st from Fisher Body #21 ?
I thought it was #19, but an earlier post says #23.When it opened and what they did there would help too. We (DCTI) are shipping engines there for storage now.

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 489
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fisher Body Die and Machine Unit Plant #23 at 601 Piquette at Ste. Antoine is across from Fisher Body #21 at 700 Piquette at Hastings. It was a stamping plant, and in the 1980's Fisher's die try out plant. I'm surprised to hear its being used to store engines, for about a year ago it was up for sale.

Bob Cosgrove

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very good, Thank You
I believe the company using the building is called Fodale Group. Storing DaimlerChrysler Engines. If possible, i will provide photos on my next visit there. If anyone is interested.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6224
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in as interested.

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know of any American Motors Factory photos? Were there any in michigan?

Cambrian

Post Number: 893
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a little pamphlet from the Brampton Plant that had lot of photos in it. It was published in '72. I've seen employee badges at swap meets for an AMC facility in Grand Rapids, not sure what they did there. My Gramma retired from the HQs effective with the Chrysler take over. She was 65 in 1987 anyways, so it worked out. I have her employee id from the Early 70s. She would show that off proudly when I took her to shows and AMC club meetings. I made sure I got that after her passing last summer. AMC did not really have any mfg facilities in MI. closest was Toledo when they acquired Jeep in 1970.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 764
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I worked at the Fisher Body Plant #21 for six months in 1978 during the pilot production of the 1979 Buick Riviera/Cadillac Eldorado/Oldsmobile Toronado ("E" bodies) and the 1980 Chevrolet Citation/Buick Skylark/Oldsmobile Omega/Pontiac Phoenix ("X" bodies).

Back then, the building on the north side of Piquette between Beaubien and Hastings was used by the GM Truck and Bus Group to build driveable truck chassis that were sold to school bus manufacturers, etc. A wooden crate would be placed behind the steering wheel and an employee would drive the finished chassis east on Piquette to a nearby parking lot where they would be stacked "piggy-back" for delivery to the body manufacturer.

Aiw

Post Number: 6226
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CT - If you ever go to Brampton on Steeles Ave. there is a massive Canadian Tire Distribution Centre, from what I understand that is an old AMC plant.

Brampton Assembly is ex-AMC as is Kenosha, WI.

Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 491
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife worked as a Kelly Girl in the 1980's in the Fisher Body Plant #21 on the south side of Piquette across from Fisher Body Plant #23 in the 1980's as secretary to the chief engineer.

At that time it was the limosine assembly plant for Cadillac. It was known as the "slowest assemble line in the automobile industry," since there was so much hand assembly. Cadillac has got out of the limosine business selling #21 and letting the custom builders have what GM felt wasn't worth the effort for the small volume and high costs.

Cadillac employees and their had a tour of the die try out plant, which I thought was across the street for #21 in the #23 plant, but I could be wrong. It may have been a block away. But, in any case it was like going into an operating museum with giant presses from the 1920's.

Bob Cosgrove

Psip
Username: Psip

Post Number: 1718
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AIW, I think that Canadian Tire distribution centre is a Steele and Bramalea road. It was built for that purpose.
The AMC plant is/was at Steele and Kennedy Rd. (I lived close to Kennedy and Queen for a few years) They built Wranglers there. (I think)

Aiw

Post Number: 6227
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip, you might be right...

That Canadian Tire is such a sprawling mess that it looks like an old auto plant. However I was 90% certain it was on Steeles... So Kennedy Rd. might be the cross street. I'm up there Wed./Thu. this week, if I get a chance, maybe I'll scope it out.

Mikeg

Post Number: 765
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob, I am not sure exactly where the Fisher Body die tryout plant was, but I do know that is was located only a couple of blocks from FB Plant #21. My memory wants to say that the die tryout plant was called FB #37, but I am not real sure about that. I do remember hearing that when some GM die engineers toured a Japanese automaker's die tryout facility back in the 1990's, they marvelled at they way they had dedicated press lines for trying out the dies for only one or two different type of stampings. They asked how long the Japanese facility had been working that way and the Japanese engineers couldn't answer, since it had been so long. The next day, they had researched the answer - it had come about after a few of their engineers had seen it done that way when they toured the FB die tryout plant in Detroit in the early 1950's. Another example of how GM lost their way over the years.....

The FB Plant #21 built the Cadillac Limos only during the first half of the typical model year, since the demand was less than their production capacity. The remainder of the year was devoted to building the pre-production pilot bodies for new vehicles. FB Plant #21 became obsolete in the mid 1980's when GM switched from Body On Frame to Body Frame Integral vehicle designs.

One of the engineers I worked with at FB in the 1970's was supposedly the only GM employee to ever purchase a Cadillac Limo using the employee discount. It seems that he and his son had started a business that had a regular need for a limo. The father was keyboard artist Art Quatro, his son Mike was also a musician and budding rock promoter and his daughter Suzi was probably better known for her role on "Happy Days" than her rock career.

Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 494
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mikeg, I recall that visit to the die try out plant began at Fisher #21 and while I'm not sure, I think we just walked across the street. But, could it have been in today's New Center Stamping on Milwaukee?

Bob Cosgrove

Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 495
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

application/octet-streamFisher Body Plant #23 - 601 Piquette Avenue Natl Park Svc photo 2003
New Center Stamping.1a Natl Park Svc Phot.TIF (46.7 k)

Fisher Body Plant #23 701 Piquette Avenue at Beaubien - National Park Service HAER photo 2003

Fisher Body Plant #21 c.2003

Fisher Body #21 700 Piquette Avenue c.2003 at Hastings - RWC photo c.2003

application/octet-streamNew Center Stamping
New Center Stamping.1a Natl Park Svc Phot.TIF (46.7 k)

New Center Stamping Milwaukee at Beaubien - National Park Service HAER photo c.2003

Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 496
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry apparently the National Park Service photos can't be read, although they appeared as images saved on my computer.

Bob Cosgrove

Mikeg

Post Number: 766
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob, I was able to "read" it and then save it to my hard drive. I then converted it to a JPG so it would upload:

New Center Stamping

New Center Stamping

It's quite likely that this was the building that housed the FB die tryout operations. I will do some asking around to see if any of my GM contacts can confirm it.

(Message edited by Mikeg on April 03, 2007)

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recall past discussion about Massey Ferguson. Now that i have joined the forum i want to mention the factory in Dearborn on prospect west of schaefer rd. I used to ride my bike past it during the 60's. No idea what it is now. http://www.sunnybrookfarmmuseu m.ca/m_f_history.htm

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3235
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MikeG, was it Mike Quatro who worked at Fisher 21? While out exploring old factories, I saw that his production company had leased space in the former Gear Grinding plant in Hamtramck.

Mikeg

Post Number: 772
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Mike's dad (Art Quatro) worked in the same department at FB Central Engineering (Tech Center) as I did back in the 1970's. Art had a trio that played for dances at the GP War Memorial and elsewhere. He also used to play the organ at Olympia Stadium. As far as I know, Mike never worked at GM.

Mikem

Post Number: 3236
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. It was the summer of 2002 that I stumbled across Mike's sign on the factory door, but I passed by recently and it was gone. I didn't realize he still lived in the area.

Bate
Username: Bate

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While doing a web search recently, I stumbled across some information regarding (at least) one of the jobs Carter Color Coat did while using the Fisher 21 building (late70"s). From what I can tell, they painted colored marks on parts so that auto assembly workers could simply determine where the parts went based on a color code. Some of the Detroit related explorer sites have current photos of parts racks marked "Ford control arms" and color code signs relating to left and right. I think this is a fairly common practice and likely farmed out to a subcontractor. Any comments?

Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 506
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was Carter Color Coat in Fisher #21 at the same time it was the Cadillac limosine assembly plant. I thought it was after Cadillac had moved out. My late wife, Viginia, worked there as a Kelly girl for the chief engineer in the 1980's and it was the Cadillac limosine plant then.

And, Mikeg, thanks unraveling the HAER photo of New Center Stamping. Does anyone know what it was originally? I do know that some of the scenes from Eimen's movie were shot there. I don't recall the title of it off hand, perhaps someone else does.

Bob Cosgrove

Mikem

Post Number: 3239
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New Center Stamping was Fisher #37. I have it listed as such in a 1935 directory, and as GMC Division Stamping in 1940. I don't know when it became known as "New Center Stamping".

One side of the building has an old painted name, now mostly covered, which I thought might have read "New Departure Manufacturing" or "New Departure Hyatt", the Connecticut manufacturer of bearings which GM acquired early in its history:

New Departure?

Older maps show this as the location of Mansfield Steel Corp, maker of dump truck bodies, but the floor plan doesn't match New Center's.

Ron_saad
Username: Ron_saad

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Worked at Lynch road Assembly from 1971-78.
Wished I would of stayed there till they closed.

Carolcb
Username: Carolcb

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 7:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey and help, I have been wanting to ask this question but did not know where to put it and did not want to start a thread - My dad used to take me to this place when I was a kid to buy his uniforms. It was owned by this very large man (think Jackie Gleason large) and there were pictures of famous people he had met on the walls. This was a large store somewhere in Detroit, I think on the East side, and I am talking back like 1964, does anyone remember the name of this place? Again, uniforms....thanks a bunch!

Forwardlook
Username: Forwardlook

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I just joined the board although I've been a lurker for quite some time. I have been collecting Chrysler vehicles and related items for more than 25 years. I am also very interested in industrial architecture in the late 19th and early 20th century. One of my big dreams would be to see some of these great buildings up close before they are demolished. Maybe in 2008?

I'm amazed about all the knowledge the forum members have. Although I don't have the knowledge to post much I'm very excited about joining and wanted to express my thanks to all contributors!

Best regards, Hans

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Hans,
I'm new here myself.

Does anyone know if the Chrysler/Briggs facility called 8 Mile Stamping was also called Mt Elliot Stamping and Briggs-Outer Drive Stamping? Or were these different buildings?
I am told there was a forging operation there also.

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know where this Chrysler facility was located?

Press Shop

Cambrian

Post Number: 964
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wowww! Look at all that glass. I'm guessing this is the MSU School of Horticulture. East Lansing.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrysler tank-Warren, Albert Kahn, architect

Psip

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It kind of looks like the stamping plant at 9 and Mound. In the foreground, is what looks like a piece of rail. There is a crossing at 9 mile. Weak clues.
The parked cars are '30's vintage. I don't think the Tank Plant is that old.

56packman

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone recognize this factory?
factory

56packman

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psip--It was officially known as Chrysler tank arsenal, Detroit--which was is Warren. It was built in 1940, and there would have been a lot of 1930's cars in use in 1940.

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was refered to as Chrysler Pressed Steel plant
Maybe it was the Warren Stamping plant 9 Mile!

Mikem

Post Number: 3248
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chrysler Transport's picture is of the DeSoto plant at McGraw & Wyoming. Regarding your question about the Eight Mile/Mt Elliott plants...I believe the Eight Mile Stamping was at 6450 Eight Mile, on the east side of Mt Elliott, while the Briggs stamping plant was on the west side of Mt Elliott at Outer Drive. Not sure about the forge; possibly part of the Mound Road Engine plant?

Packman's picture is of the Briggs Mack Avenue stamping plant, looking northwest.

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps those wonderful Sandborn maps could locate some of our older transportation garages?
Early publications put them at the corners of Mt Elliot and Farr (Between Farr and Cymbol)in 1925. Also at Beaufait and Waterloo in 1928.Manchester and Oakland in 1929. Vernor Hwy between Conner and Conner lane in 1932.The Shoemaker Garage between Conner and St Jean 1939. Any help would greatly appreciated. Picture...Shoemaker Garage

Shoemaker

Mikem

Post Number: 3251
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My maps are too old to show any of those garages. The Shoemaker garage looks like the plant of the National Broach Co on the north side of Shoemaker, east of St Jean:

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sure looks like it! Though i was told it was torn down. Ill have to go examine it closer!

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any idea which plant this may be?

Unknown plant

Mikem

Post Number: 3252
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually the Shoemaker garage might not have been National Broach. Not sure where I got that information, but National Broach was at 5600 St Jean, which is adjacent and on the west side of this building:

What is the year and model of the cars in your second picture?

Chrysler_transport

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im not sure, early 50's i think, but i am getting hints here that its a canadian facility.

56packman

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a list of Briggs properties that Chrysler received in the 1953 Briggs purchase

Briggs 1

Briggs 2

Aiw

Post Number: 6236
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CT, I'm not sure which models were built here, but that photo might be Windsor Assembly. I don't think Chrysler had any other full blown assembly plants in Canada back then.

Bate
Username: Bate

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's an interesting short (11min) silent film of the Ford Highland Park plant shot in the 50's. I don't believe anyone has posted a link to this as I have never seen it before. Some footage shows the demolition of the power plant and smokestacks. The camera location is were the long (2 block) section of the factory has already been raised. The section that is still standing behind the current shopping center is similar to the one that was raised, but roughly half in length. Enjoy

http://www.archive.org/details /highland_park_ford_plant

Mikeg

Post Number: 782
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A portion of that film shows the 1956 dedication of the "Birthplace of Model T" Michigan Historical Marker.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3038
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Ford HP plant from late 1927 to 1947 (the year Henry died) only built Ford farm tractors AFAIK.

Psip

Post Number: 1797
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the end of the film, it looks like the last run of the Woodward line of the DSR. Very rare footage. From 1956
That film is a collection of many things.

(Message edited by PSIP on April 14, 2007)