Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » 07-08 Red Wings « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharms
Username: Sharms

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a transplanted Michigander (living in Park City, UT,) just wondering what the Wings outlook might be. I know they picked up a couple of free agents, but they didn't seem to be all that active. Just curious.
Thanks
Steve Harms

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they gonna be good

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 875
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve-
Hats off to you bro, Park City is one of my favorite places. Its been a dream of mine to move/work/retire there.

Wings need some help defensively, IMHO. Especially since Anaheim will be better next year than last.

Too early to be thinking about that right now though. Lets get through the fall for the Tigs playoffs and a magnificent UM football season.

Sharms

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rrl....Park City is a great place..I am lucky..I follow the Tigers, but I'm a MSU grad so I begrudgingly pay attention to the Wolverines. I know the Wings lost a lot to free agency, just wondering if anyone has an idea of what Ken Holland has up his talented sleeve.....

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they do need help defensively def. We need some physical players quite badly. I'm hoping that ken will pick someone up midseason if a good deal comes up.

Sharms

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too lazy to go to NHL.com so I'll ask here...has Forsberg signed anywhere.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5732
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope. Foppa's still on the loose.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he comes, I'll put it up. I've been checking since that article about him coming here first appeared.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1617
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ducks are gonna be scary good this season.

I will never say the Wings won't be good, cause somehow they always amaze me (or playing Chicago and Columbus and St. Louis over and over pads their records), but the Ducks I think could probably destroy just about anyone.

Ericdetfan

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good preseason win against Wild...I was able to listen to it over the internet on a Minnesota local station...Even though the Wild arent that good, Ozzie and the rest of the team look like they are ready.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 611
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opening Night!

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 782
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the team looked solid tonight and showed some great intensity, especially with the late power play...now if we could only say the same thing about the fans.

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 619
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4,000 tickets remaining.... and about 10,000 empty seats... shucks

Smogboy

Post Number: 6303
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In this salary cap era, our lads in the pepperoni red & white are still amongst the elite. I just got done watching the Wings quietly and methodically de-construct the Flames tonight. I head that this was just the second time all year they were out shot and it was only by one shot. The line of Zetterburg, Datsyuk & Holmstrom is amazing to watch... and in this post Steve Yzerman era of hockey for this town, we'd best start noticing these guys for what they are before they drift into Red Wings lore. While it's no longer the league where we just open up the wallet and buy the best players available, our team has done amazingly well with its own home grown products, shrewd trades, and intuitive pick-ups.

It also seems like a wonderful blend of the old guard (I want to play as gritty as Chelios when I hit his age), prime talent and some very exhuberant youthful prospects. It's still exciting hockey despite the low turnout for attendance. Now is not the time to abandon this team nor should we get complacent until the playoffs. This is actually some pretty good hockey going on with our Wings!

Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 693
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this has been an exciting start to the year. I still absolutely HATE the NHL schedule.... 5 days off now? No Maple Leafs at home? grrr... no wonder the Joe has yet to sell out a single game this regular season.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6345
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I couldn't agree more Spiritofdetroit. This lag in the schedule is killing me. While I'm thankful the Lions filled some of the void this weekend, I do miss seeing the Wings play.

Ericdetfan

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The wings attendance woes are completely the fault of Michigans economy and the refusal to lower ticket prices, certianly not because fans have abandoned the wings.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree. Additionally, the Wings fans are coming from deep suburbs a lot which costs more these days than it did yesteryear.

Poor economy + rising cost of living makes it tougher to justify the $$$ tickets. If Illitch blacked out games like the lions, there would be some really angry wings fans and you might see some decline in popularity. Right now, the sport needs every fan it can get. I am almost glad that outlier cities like Anaheim, Tampa Bay and Raleigh-Duhram have won the cup over the past few years. It has done wonders to spread the passion of the game outside of the Hockey belt.

Ericdetfan

Post Number: 227
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bleh, tampa's parade only drew 20,000. Our last one drew over a million. I agree tho that it needs as many fans as it can get..I think that they should move some of these "Warm weather" teams back to canada or northern states where ppl are hungry for hockey. Look at the Wild..their team isn't that great, but attendance is still great...Imagine what a team in Seattle, portland, milwalukee, or any of the canadian provinces that dont have teams would do for the game!....and for god sakes Gary Bettman is an idiot. Why Do we Play the leafs, bruins, and canadiens only once a year if that? We Don't play the Rangers or Islanders at all this year? Whats up with that? I would much rather see us play an orignal 6 team a bunch of times (other than the hawks) and get a rivalry going that would re-energize things, than have stale games with the preds in Nashville where half the crowd is wings fans anyway...

Mr_onion
Username: Mr_onion

Post Number: 201
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know when Yzerman is gonna be eligible to be inducted in the Hockey Hall of Fame? I don't think they should make him wait to long. He deserves to be in there.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 321
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ericdetfan

Post Number: 230
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

geeze why cant they beat the Hawks?

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 236
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hawks are young, fast and sharp this year.

We have a real tough division this year over all. Look for big upsets, 1- goal games and a tougher Wings team going into the playoffs. If we don't start hitting harder and more often, we aren't going deep into the playoffs.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 243
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The NHL approves a move back to towards the old way of scheduling. Less divisional games, more games outside the conference.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/? ID=223975&hubname=

"Every team will play every other team at least once," commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters after the meeting.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6574
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That being said, there's so many darn teams in the league now!

It's going to be hard to develop rivalries during the regular season. True animosity comes from playing one another a lot and with the schedule the way they're proposing, there won't be any rivalries developing until the playoffs start up; in esscense the regular season isn't going to mean much again.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.