Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Biggest Choke Job In Football History? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan GACKKED and lost to Applachian State 34-32!!

They shouldve beat these scrubs by 40.

Question is this:
Did they just lose the National Championship?

Rampartstreetnorth
Username: Rampartstreetnorth

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be very, very difficult for UM to have national championship credibility after this loss...whether this year or next. Remember, Michigan was so heavily favored that there wasn't even a betting line on this game. This was the kind of defeat that doesn't just register as one in the L column, it changes national perceptions about a program's strength. In a context in which championship rankings are determined by polls and not a playoff system on the field, that's lethal.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 86
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yes, they lost it. The BCS will vote for an undefeated team over a team with one loss, even if that teams not as good. After the buckeyes beat us in the last game. We never had a chance for #1, and we don't have a chance this year now. This was a huge, huge loss. I would say Carr should probably pay for not having his team ready and being outcoached.

Rampartstreetnorth
Username: Rampartstreetnorth

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This wasn't just any loss...this was the first time a 1-AA team has ever beaten a nationally ranked 1-A team, and UM had to stage a significant comeback to make it close.

Note also that UM is now on a three game losing streak dating back to last year...to OSU, USC and, now, Appalachian State.

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 442
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow,
I have never been so sad to be a U of M fan/alum. Props to Appalachian State but damn, what the hell happened?

I've always been a very staunch Lloyd supporter, but if we have another loss like this,( I can't believe I'm saying this), but he will need to go. Most of his staff too.

The haters got their wish today.

Worst part was I had to get up at 5am to watch this game. Hawaii is 6 hours time difference. :-(

D

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3629
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Certainly the most unlikely and shocking sporting event I've ever watched in person. Not only did the defense basically suck throughout (and choke at the biggest moment, a la v. Minnesota in 2005), but the offense (effectively Manningham and the amazing Hart) gave them a chance and costly mistakes killed them. The blocked field goals were amazing, but I could feel them coming, as this just wasn't there day. If Lloyd doesn't do all of the following: beat OSU, win a bowl game, beat ND, and beat MSU, with the first being 100 times more important than all the rest, then he should be fired, even if he wants to quit.

It was a beautiful day and an exciting football game, but the unlikely result-- a culmination of poor preparation and mistakes-- is indeed a huge choke job.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The three most over-rated things in the world are the FBI, the CIA, and U of M football. Not necessarily in that order.

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 314
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

APPALACHIAN ST 34
MICHIGAN 32
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA............................ .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .......................

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to annoy many "Moscow on the Huron" fans for months!

http://www.bookstore.appstate. edu/apparel.html

James

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6044
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh oh...looks as though Michigan might be sharing this dubious title with USC who just lost to Stanford.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.