Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through August 10, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 137
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - A least we BOTH can say that no matter what we certainly hate Notre Dame.......Trivia: Father graduated from U of M and even played golf for them in the mid 30's BUT his three son attended MSU and all went into education like dad....it was just tough one weekend in the fall and twice in the winter (basketball Hockey)

If the CSI team determines the name you do agree to play the MSU fight song for 12 hrs straight.....right!!!!!! Even Wally likes the MSU fight song....

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1870
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goblue---I believe that Ted Dodenhoff set up his plastic surgery practice in the Phoenix area. He and my brother ( and I) were Sig Eps at AA-where the Gerald Ford Building is located now. The Sig Ep house is now the old Sigma Chi house next to the Union. Smart choice.

Ted and my brother ( a vascular surgeon in Spokane during his working years) ran a marathon or two, and kept in fairly close contact. I last saw Ted in Spokane at the funeral of my brother's wife, about 8 years ago.I believe that he had remarried.
I don't think Ted ever set up a practice in AA following graduation. I recall that he had a younger sister (also Denby?) and his dad was a (captain?) in the Detroit Fire Department.
That's about all I can tell you.
Oh yes, Go Blue. We just got a great blue chip runner out of Texas who took M over Texas A and M.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 219
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Your father must have wondered where he went wrong...good God...all three of you Spartans...a family that started out so right...and then...well...so sad! I really am amazed about your older brother...he was such a bright guy...hard to believe that Bob went so wrong.

Okay...deal...Spartan fight song...assuming there is such a thing...gotta call my local doc first...gonna need lots of Valium...plus ear plugs!...is it in rap??

Rock: Not likely then that I knew Ted...I didn't get to AZ until about 5 years ago...maybe I recall the name from his younger sister...my dad was DPD so no Fire Dept. connection...my best friend at WMU (and still) was a national level half miler...just below Olympics...T.D. Wuggazer...from Birmingham...at one point I think he was on the team that held the world record for the medley relay...I don't think they run it anymore.

Eastside61

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Once the investigation is closed and hopefully this Thursday it is over so that one can focus on Howie Travis.....talk about a guy who went wrong...!!!

Just stock up on the WMU beer of choice: PBR instead of meds....It is so good as a fight song that you might want to apply for continuing ed credit through MSU just so you can say "this is really cool stuff" and has some class compared to banana helmets......

How did you stumble on to this prom date? You actually asked her??? Right? Did you go in the '56 Ford???? The only Ford convert guys I knew were Jerry Barlow (Diane barlow might have been a '59er) and Ty Fahner.....Fahner's was a 54 (yellow) and Barlow's a '55 (black)......

Do you phone from a pay phone in Prescott????

Later....

Goblue

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I lose track about MSU.... Spartans... Trojans...all the same...50 cents apiece at the neighborhood drugstore. The distinctive and one of a kind M helmet stands out! Hail, hail to Meeechiiigan!

Didn't get the '56 Ford convertible until 1960...doubled with a buddy for the prom so we had the backseat all to ourselves. I have to claim the fifth amendment for the story of how we met and she became my prom date...it involves others...a broken love affair...betrayal... enough for a good country song...plus potentially incriminating...not certain that there is a statue of limitations. Plus...I don' remember!

I'm getting so good at this "I don't remember" stuff that I'm thinking about applying for a job in the Bush administration!

Prescott has no pay phones...we rely on pigeons...and hope the coyotes don't get them. Saw a couple this morning...apparently returning one of our neighbor's chickens to him...although they were headed in the wrong direction and the chicken wasn't squawking.

Eastside61

Post Number: 139
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Love it when Gonzales "Can't remember" stuff ... He must have photos or at least the negatives of GBush in various positions....

gonzales reminds me of a series of principals at SE in the mid 60's...totally inept....mindless and they all got promoted....so it wasn't hard to decide that there was something better on the west coast......and there was.....

I have rented a bi-plane and will have 5500 photos of you and Ms. Mystery dropped north of 8 mile....not south....north on the night of 8/1 .....it will have your e mail address so get ready..!!!

4 hours of the fight song will be just the beginning......

Sparty!!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 223
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Careful if you try to fly over this area...there's a guy with a Cold War era MIG fighter jet at the local airport...he gets paid by the number shot down...we all chip in...gotta cut down on the California invasion somehow...its worse than the zebra mussel in the big lakes...although I will admit that it has done wonders for the value of the homestead.

When one realizes that Gonzales was once one of Bush's future S. Court ideas...along with Harriett ("Oh George, you're so cool!") Miers...it all gets really damn scary. Gee...maybe the photos are of the Georgie and Ms. Miers?!?...Its enough to cause one to consider becoming an ex-pat...a villa in Tuscany wouldn't be all bad...or a homestead in Costa Rica.

Just saw some excerpts from Iacocca's latest book about leadership...and the lack thereof in the White House. I gotta read it!

Eastside61

Post Number: 140
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The Bi-plane plans of landing on Fordham between Celestine and Queen for some photo opts.....and then taxiing to Hayes and then taking off over Heilmann and heading for 8 Mile.....It plans on dropping the photos and then heading south for a fly by of the foot of Lakewood...maybe landing again in the Paradise Lost trailer park since all the trailers are gone....If you would dig deep into one of your 6 retirement plans for $37 dollars we could pick up the Trailer park waterfront property for the Lakewood Estates.....

ITS GETTING CLOSER...I HAVE TWO LONG DISTANCE PIGEONS READY TO BRING THE NEWS WEST TO THE MOUNTAINS......

Goblue

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Was looking at the foot of Lakewood on Google Earth Watch yesterday...it looks like there is already a development there...some sucker stole our idea and threw up a bunch a cookie cutters on our property...damn!! I'd be careful about landing on Fordham if I were you...although you might be able to put it down on the empty lot where my parent's home was located...it was about 30'x80'...a good pilot should be able to do it...or a real gutsy guy could drop in on a chute...the hard part would be getting back out!

I'll put the word out...no shooting pigeons for the next week or so. Have a good trip...don't enlist in the MI National Guard while you're there...although they are paying an enlistment bonus.

Eastside61

Post Number: 141
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Start shouting "GO STATE GO.......Victory for MSU.." CSI Photos are packed.....the seal will be broken at 8:16 EST 8/2....and hopefully the name will be revealed...

GET Ready!!!!

We will talk soon.....

Goblue

Post Number: 225
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: A reward is offered for the person(s) identifying the mystery woman...a personalized beer bottle opener that plays "Hail to the Victors" on contact!! I feel in my heart that she's a Wolverine! In fact...I'm thinking that maybe she roomed with SH...GO BLUE!!

Enjoy TC...I used to have a part interest in a timeshare at the Pinestead Reef resort...nice place...right on the beach.

Eastside61

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Repent Go Blue!!! a personalized beer bottle opener....I was reassured that all banana heads opened their beer with their teeth...or just chewed through the side of the can....In fact "Can Chewing" was a 3 credit course as part of the pre med program!!!!

She did NOT go to AnnArbor but SH might have known her from her Parkgrove days ....there could be a link....

the P beer opener played the fight song because the student body could not remember the words??????

"lets go chew on a 6 of Strohs" Sandy H.....freshmen year!!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 226
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hmmmm...now that you mention...she could open a beer bottle with her...uh...never mind!!

I still think she was a Wolverine...and that SH is the key...I'm certain that SH can tell some stories. Hard to imagine SH and a 6 pack...she was/is much too classy...sort of more like...slow gin fizz...or...mule something...

Playing the Wolverine fight song...."Hail to the Victors"...is akin to spreading the gospel...it is a religious experience...hard to explain to the heathen!...aka...Spartans. Praise the Lord!!

Fly easy...I've told our MIG pilot to have an easy finger on the trigger!

Eastside61

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Bingo! Get the stereo ready 4hrs of the MSU fight song needs be played before the name is released!!!!!!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Saw my audiologist today...she says no stereo listening for at least the next six months...seems that I have severe hearing loss...especially in the range of the typical female voice.

Eastside61

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Interesting! The name was announced to the gathering of 13 about 8:19 PM that night....I was sure that the MSU crowd was well aware of the MSU Fight Song agreement.....The name is available BUT with stipulations....."Go Green" might become your new username.....let me know when you will be able to fulfill your end...

Goblue

Post Number: 240
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'd just as soon listen to 4 hours of rap...about the same as the MSU fight song anyway...truthfully, never knew ya'll had one...fight song that is...the real question is why?...why bother to have such a song?

Hail to the Victors valiant...hail to the conquering heros...HAIL, HAIL TO MEEEECHIGAN THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST....GO BLUE!!!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The Name is known - and you agreed which would be music to my ears..."go right through for MSU watch the points keep growing"...Do you want me to send a CD with various versions of the song?......I must say that I was impressed with the Swiftness of the four CSI '61ers in knowing her name....Your move again!!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 241
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Time for negotiations....how about a $10 donation to the MSU GED scholarship fund in lieu of the CD?

Eastside61

Post Number: 147
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The CSI group were baffled that you did not remember her name.....

Goblue

Post Number: 242
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well......it is a tad embarassing...like I said, it wasn't a long term relationship...and...there have been an awful lot of miles, locations, people, a couple marriages....too many places and faces...sometimes looking for love in all the wrong places...hmmmm...that could be a good C & W song.....anyway, somehow or other she got erased from the hard drive.

Eastside61

Post Number: 148
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I don't want to touch the "Hard Drive" line.....according to the CSI group she went to Carleton Elementary and was a cheerleader for the Tars.

Goblue

Post Number: 243
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: She had to have become a cheerleader after I graduated...she wasn't one during my years and I don't think they had a junior cheerleader group....the only cheerleader I dated was S.R....I always did have a thing for the cheerleader types though...ya gotta love those uniforms!!...and if she went to Carleton that part of my memory is intact...she would have lived off of Morang between Kelly and Cadieux...and between Morang and 7 Mile...okay, okay....a $20 contribution to the MSU GED fund!

Eastside61

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The CSI Girl's thought she was a cheerleader....Carleton .....between Morang and Moross.... Do the initials of S. J. Ring a bell ? MSU does take pay-pal! Free Shipping as always....

Goblue

Post Number: 244
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Nope....initials don't click anything....Susan Jones???...$20 to MSU GED graduate school program still stands.

Eastside61

Post Number: 150
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - $20 will be wired to the North Peak Pub in TC as a credit for next summers MSU Annual Reunion Night. Also when checking in at DTW at Spirit Airlines when going through security they looked at your Prom Photo and for over an hour kept asking me what I knew about the man in the photo...I was finally released and walked to the gate where a deplaning passenger barfed three times in the boarding area,,,,,,this was a grueling experience and as promised the name was identified...but it was not Susan Jones......Does another name come to mind????

Goblue

Post Number: 245
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Wait....yes, its all coming back to me now....SJ went to M where she was a cheerleader and a roommate with SH...she went on to med school at M and has become an internationally noted pediatrician....how could I have forgotten!?!?

Hmmmm...North Peak Pub....never heard of it...sorta sounds like some kinda redneck bar...but regardless $20 is on the way...paid in some left over funds from my last trip to Peru.

Eastside61

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - NPB is somewhat "yuppy" with alot of people drinking....

According to the CSI Queens........the SJ belongs to Sally Jenson or Jensen- who they all seemed to know and remember, etc.

I also mentioned to Nan Stewart...sister of Bob Stewart who might have been a 59er....about SH.....she said that they have not been in contact with each other since the 20 yr reunion......and was last seen in LA.......I know that this is a relief for you and the need to 80 mg of prozac a day can be reduced now!!!! Keep me posted and this has been FUN and the dynamic class of 61 once again has come through......

Goblue

Post Number: 246
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: My hat is off to the CSI members of '61...and to MSU...to be perfectly honest I have never held disrespect...disregard...or any other kind of dis for MSU....now Notre Dame ("Play for a tie, Ara") or Ohio State (f__k the Bucks)....now that's a different matter altogether...

Yup, Sally Jensen...that's it...wish I knew why I couldn't remember that. The TAR class of '61 has my deepest appreciation and I shall be more than happy to buy the first round at the '08 reunion at the North Peak Pub. Just one more question...did the investigators know whether or not she was a member of the '61 class? I'm sorta hoping she was...otherwise she was a freshman or about 14 at the time we....went to the prom. I don't suppose that anyone had any idea where life took her?

Eastside61

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I will e mail the investigators to see what is known and if her whereabouts are also known....350 posts too!!!! Join us next summer as the reunion will probably be held the last week of July and the first week of August......I am still troubled as to why the blockage on the name.....?????? I wonder if this thread will make the HOF.....???? It should!!!!!