Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » 2007 Spartans « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Already 1 - 0, the new look Spartans already remind me of the Saban years. The 2 back offense with Caulcrick & Ringer is similar to Irvin & Renauld. I would love to see a defense that could hold Ohio State to 0 yards rushing.

Any predictions on the season?

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 459
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I predict they don't hold Ohio State to 0 yards rushing.

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7-5, Go Titans, ...oh, wait, we dont have a football team,

Go Spartans

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1466
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah 7-5 or 8-4.

GO GREEN!!

Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will MSU be upset today?

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 Minutes to go Spartans 28 BG 17. With Mich driving on BG 10 yd. line.

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 324
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MSU looking solid this year. There is some room for improvement but they are showing a lot of discipline.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3903
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still not looking good enough for any poll.

The AP poll goes down to 38 teams this week with any votes, and both MSU and UoM have zero votes. Therefore, none of them can be ranked any higher than #39.

The "unranked" this week: South Florida 220, Missouri 144, Alabama 116, Washington 95, TCU 66, Arizona State 28, Auburn 23, Appalachian State 19, Cincinnati 12, Florida State 2, Kansas 1, Iowa 1, Purdue 1.

(Message edited by Livernoisyard on September 11, 2007)

Ohudson

Post Number: 281
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm hoping MSU quietly continues to get better and win (hopefully enough to get a bowl game, I'd even accept the Motor City Bowl).

I just noticed that MSU has a really tough Big Ten schedule, Illinois & Minnesota(two bottom of the league teams) are left of the schedule but OSU, PSU, Wisc., Iowa, Purdue (all ranked or receiving votes) and UM are all included.

UM isn't until the 10th game(is it usually that late in the season?), and MSU could be around 6-3 going into that game with possible losses to UW, OSU & possibly Iowa. All road games.

The polls are so overrated and I'm sure MSU started out rated closer to 80 than 39. They were picked around 10th in the Big Ten going into this year.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 790
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Polls mean nothing right now.
State seems to be on the right track with the new coach.
The UM game is usually in October, late this year
good luck

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 769
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The msu vs. um game has traditionally (over the last 30 years) been the first Saturday in November. This changed the last few years, but now it is back.

I am very satisfied with this start. My biggest satisfaction came in seeing specific improvements in certain players from week oneto week two.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

White out vs Pittsburgh this Saturday!

Dantonio is the answer for MSU, a standup guy who makes sure the players take control. Kind of reminds me of what Marinelli is trying to do for the Lions...

GO GREEN!!!

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3958
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's only so much room in the Big Ten for undefeated teams.

GO RED!

from yahoo sports:
quote:

(CSTV U-WIRE) MADISON, Wis. -- The first-ever meeting between the Citadel Bulldogs (2-0) and Wisconsin (2-0) will take place this Saturday at Camp Randall in front out of a sold-out "sea of red."

With last Saturday's dramatic win at UNLV, UW gained sole possession of the nation's longest winning streak, as it has currently won 11 consecutive games, including eight straight at home, dating back to last season.

Unfortunately, the Badgers only lost once last season--to UoM. Must have had a very off day...

Ohudson

Post Number: 290
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up with MSU play calling at the end of games? Two weeks in a row they abandon the run and blow the game.....

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 107
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, absolutely terrible play calling in O/T. They never tried for 1st down and the plays stunk.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 817
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, considering where this thread left off, Im very satisfied to bump it!

Orlando, here we come! GO GREEN!

Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'll be a tough match against BC, I would be impressed if they pulled it off and yes GO WHITE.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.