Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Calvin Johnson: Overhyped or RealDeal « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 134
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, he got one in his first game. So what do we think, too much praise, or was it all justified?

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 59
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO Question 'CJ' is the 'REAL DEAL', as well as the rest of the receiving cast they have!!!!!

THE LEO'S LOOK DARN GOOD TODAY!....EVEN SHOWED SOME SWAGGER TODAY....MELIKES!!!

This is gonna be a fun bunch to watch!

blksoul-atcha!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 79
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sorry but I can't get excited just yet. Have you guys seen the next four games?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5901
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's only one game. I'm reserving judgement on CJ. Like so many young men in the NFL, they all have hopes of grandeur but to me greatness is going to be achieved over a longer haul than just one game. He has all the tools, the physical size and speed but he's going to have to put it all together and be able to carry some of the weight of this team on his shoulders.

Coupled with Williams, Furrey and surprisingly McDonald, Johnson could be a potent weapon.

Again, only time will tell but like all Lions fans- hope eternal!

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'smogboy', I don't think this new excitement from Leo's fans is all about Lions 'cornbread'

I'm sure you can see that this team has some talent__and I'm talking about special talent__ Kitna is a true leader, players want to play for him...unlike the QB's we've had in the past.... and yes, 'CJ' has that extra, the proverbial 'IT' that intangible talent that the great ones posses__ CJ will make others better!

This is a good team!

blksoul-atcha!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 5903
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree this team has talent but they still need to combine all of that talent in order to be in the elite. They haven't done it yet and I'm still cautiously optimistic. I think Calvin Johnson has all of the ingredients to be a superstar but he's only ONE player on a team that's still in the midst of rebuilding. And football's still very much a team sport where BOTH sides of the football have to be addressed and it needs to be played for the full four quarters. Offensively I think we've upgraded tremendously but I'm going to be a little more gun shy about our defense.

Part of my hesistancy to go ga-ga over this team is we HAD one of the best ever in Barry Sanders and couldn't get it done. I will be willing to go out on the limb to say that this is an improved overall team from last year but there are still some lapses that can sink this team.

That being said, I'm still hopeful and always will be.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 482
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

real deal!!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.