Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through September 05, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scsmich
Username: Scsmich

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

please join us at Delphi Forums .com
type in denby for key word. Many of us there

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 158
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SCSMich- How many?????? Is Gene Go-Blue on the Delphi Forum talking his Denby Hip Hop Fordham gangster lingo about the time he was chased by the DPD on Parkgrove and Salter??????

Looneyl
Username: Looneyl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, show up, we need new refreshing, albeit older opinions!!!lol!

Eastside61

Post Number: 165
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L: the late '50 early '60 at Denby were when it was in its prime....even GO BLUE had a prom date!!!!!

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L & ES: And a sweet young thing she was too!!

You are right though L...ES: has gotten a tad long in the tooth as they say...the word is that he recently retired and is now at the public trough.

Eastside61

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trough....Trough you say!!!! Those who went to the trough were female students at the u OF m.....

Goblue

Post Number: 267
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were no troughs in A2...can't say the same about East Lansing...those hog barns were enough to burn the hair off one's eyebrows!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 172
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Please....really.....just refer to the recent forwarded e mail which contains the pic of the best that ann arbor can produce.....she looks lovely!!! really....all 287 lbs....actually it is 312 lbs.....and who filmed the wedding to the Jungleleer????? Fox???

Goblue

Post Number: 271
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yup...Fox did the filming....Lord!! I have tried to forget!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 173
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - is it still available on DVD and still found in TV guide late night movies????? 16 MM film was hard to convert but it is a classic......was the reception held at the foot of lakewood where you well!!!! you know spent a lot of time..

Goblue

Post Number: 272
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually all stills...gave the album to my daughter years ago...reception at an Italian Hall somewhere out on about Ten Mile...don't recall ever being at foot of Lakewood with her...that was TAR turf...she was Belle Isle for the sub races.

Eastside61

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Any SE proms with the first????

Goblue

Post Number: 273
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yup...a week or two after the TAR prom with SJ...S.E. called and asked me to take her to her prom...the guy she'd started dating after we broke up was in the Coast Guard and got shipped out to Kodiak Island...some guys have all the luck!! I've always said that if we'd said goodnight after her prom and let it go at that we'd still be friends exchanging Christmas cards with pics of our grandkids. But....well...once you have kids with someone you're handcuffed to them for the rest of your life like it or not...and I don't!!

Goblue

Post Number: 288
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: What I want to know is what a good lookin' California surfer fox like M.E. wanted with a slick talkin' big city TAR?!?

Eastside61

Post Number: 178
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - She also is from the midwest and said....."You part of the CSI Tar group?.....Yu da man!" Oh!!! sorry, that is SE neighborhood talk...

Goblue

Post Number: 291
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...well....I'm at a loss for words...woulda thought that your reputation would have preceded you...obviously she knows nothing of SH or the history of the Mapleridge Mob.

Eastside61

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - She met SH at the 20 year reunion...Her most fun was going to SE in '69 where the "Jungleleers" comment was "She is SO FINE Mr. E".....she had never been in an inner city before and that was an eye opener.....

Goblue

Post Number: 293
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That had to be an experience at S.E...that was the year we left Detroit for Kzoo and a job with Gull Lake. Soooo...she got fast talked by a smooth mover from the Mapleridge Mob. I'll bet she studied SH closely!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 190
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You should have stayed in Motown and invested in homes on the eastside for your retirement....cough....!!!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 296
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...it was more fun to roam the country...loved Alaska...loved Alabama and those hunney-do's.

Eastside61

Post Number: 194
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Bronco/Wolverines were always hard to hold down.....you should have paid the rent in Alabama....you face is still posted in most Alabama post offices.....

Goblue

Post Number: 299
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Paid the rent...and my dues...was re-singled at the time...first time outside MI...bachelor on campus...livin' in "Buminham"...thought I'd died and gone to heaven...ya'll!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 199
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - whoa!!!! HBO.....another chapter in the sequel!!!! and all I ever did was study....go to the library.....talk to the professors....read journals.....and YOU....have been to heaven and back in Alabama and know where SH is hiding in AZ......maybe SH and SJ found each other......what next???????????

Goblue

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I was a professor at that point...UAB in the early '70's...spent most of my time around the med school...loved The Heart of Dixie.

No, no, no....SH is definitely in CA...like I said...last sighting was in Sausalito.

Eastside61

Post Number: 203
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - A Fordham guy with a southern accent...interesting...and It is your turn to find SH.......

Goblue

Post Number: 308
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shooo...ain't nuthin' to it....ya'll!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 205
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - She (SH) be in one of those southern states......like AZ....

Goblue

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I keep tellin' ya...Sausalito...you wait and see...source says she was a child psychiatrist at Berkeley...went into that field because of something to do with her early teen experiences.

Eastside61

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - My sources have discussed her weekends with a u OF m grad student who played hockey at Heilmann and intramurals at the u OF m.....he never washed his hockey equipment.......his cure was to air out his whole life in Alaska......

Goblue

Post Number: 319
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Those of us who lived in AK all said that we had neurotic families back in the lower 48...it was a great place to hide...4,000 miles from Detroit!