Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Big Ten Network and Comcast grrrrrr......... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why can't these two entities get it together? Comcast sucks enough cash from me every month to afford providing it for free I'm sure. Today I had to endure MSU's dumbass loss to Northwestern on the radio as well as EMU losing to that other team down the road. The team that lost to AP State. Are you folks with the dish and Big Ten NW happy with it?

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 300
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why anyone with an open view to the southern sky would keep Comcast is beyond me.

The people who run Comcast are arrogant asses. Their product is a piece of crap. Comcast is priced 30% higher the DirecTV or Dish network.

I have had both Comcast and DirecTV and now I am stuck with Comcast due to an abandoned building blocking my access for satellite signals. Comcast's set top boxes are a piece of crap. Picture quality is significantly less than DirecTV. Comcast advertises about DirecTV losing signal in bad weather. That's bullshit. I lose signal with Comcast way more than I ever did with Comcast.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1374
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have had Dish Network for a few years now, after being with Comcast for quite some time. In my opinion, Comcast has absolutely nothing on The Dish. Yes, when the weather becomes relatively violent, we sometimes lose our signal for a few minutes. (But, if you're wanting a service whose signal is weatherproof, you can forget it.) With Comcast, seriously bombastic weather could take out our service for MUCH longer than a few minutes. On top of that issue, Dish has numerous other advantages. I miss Comcast like I miss manual typewriters.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 474
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought my town house in '95 and one of the REQUIREMENTS was that I could have DirecTV (in those days the laws requiring that satellite dishes above fence lines and in apartment buildings not be at the HOA or apartment owners' discretion did not exist - I think they came a year or two later).

Anyway, I chose wisely and have had DirecTV for 12 years now.

For a sports fan, DirecTV is up there with air conditioning as a necessity of life (I don't know how I grew up without either).

[Don't want to be a couch potato without DirecTV or A/C.] ;-)

I remember my real estate agent had to go to the HOA's management company to get me a "Yes, he can (put up a dish)".

(Message edited by emu_steve on October 08, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.