Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Darren McCarty « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hardhat
Username: Hardhat

Post Number: 214
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After watching last night's game, he's apparently not playing with the Calgary Flames any more. Ken and Mickey never mentioned his name, I don't think.
I Googled him, but couldn't find anything to indicate if he caught on with another team. His website doesn't help, either.
Anybody know what happened to him?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 900
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found this on Mlive.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshot s/2007/10/mccarty_remains_in_c algary.html

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6079
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried to find out where he was awhile back too. I kinda had the feeling he was going to get cut from the Flames; remember the last playoffs against Detroit and he was a healthy scratch? Couple that with his salary/ skills and he wasn't going to be playing for the Flames. It's too bad that he isnt playing in the NHL any more but I was wondering if he had latched onto some minor league team anywhere.

Does anyone remember awhile back when his gambling problem got the better of him and he was auctioning off such things like his motorcycles and even worse, his Stanley Cup rings?

Sad.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.