Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Baseball Cards « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1460
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am looking for someone else who is trying to complete a set of Topps Heritage Baseball 2007.
You can say it: Geek!!
But it's fun.

Bushay
Username: Bushay

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can fill most sets from 66' thru 73' and odd years after that but the new stuff is out of my range. The older vintage stuff is cool to reminise over.

Ravine

Post Number: 1591
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bushay, thanks for responding. You might enjoy the set I mentioned; it looks exactly like the Topps set from 1958. Weirded me out, at first look, but I soon fell in love with them. The problem is the 100+ "short-printed" cards in the set. You get one in about every two packs, but I'm sure you don't need my assistance to figure out that means a lot of damn packs!! And then, of course, I have multiples of some of them, which is why I was hoping to find someone else, around here, who was working on the same set.
Certainly, I will keep in mind that you have those cards you mentioned. That would be some pretty fine material, there. Do you keep up with the market?

Bushay
Username: Bushay

Post Number: 99
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I dont. In the early 90's I set up shop and started doing shows once or twice a week but just as a side thing. When the hobby began dying years later I quit altogether. I still pick up a Beckett from time to time or stop in on a show at Gilbralter, but other than that, these cards sit idle for the most part. I keep my fingers crossed that by the time I retire the value will have shot back up a bit and I can do a few shows from time to time.

Ravine

Post Number: 1658
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bushay, a couple of months ago, I shelled out the ten bucks for a copy of Beckett Baseball Card Plus. It's fairly comprehensive, so if you would like for me to check the current prices on any particular items from your stash, I would be glad to try to look them up for you.
My best card this year, so far, was a chrome refractor Hunter Pence that I pulled from a Bowman pack. He had a helluva rookie season for the Astros, and the dang card shot up to $60. I'm not one to get all ex-ci-tated about what dollar figure Beckett puts on a card-- shit, I never sell anything, anyway-- but you know how it is; it's always fun to pull a bad-ass card, or find out, later, that a card you know you have has gone through the roof.
Other than some 1969 Topps cards, and my Ozzie Smith RC ('fro sticking out from under his cap,) I guess one of the best things I ever pulled out of a pack was a reprint of a Topps Bob Gibson card-- with his autograph on it. Talk about feeling like a little kid again...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.