Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through October 02, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 347
Posted on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Besso mi cullo!!!

Go Blue!!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 240
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Once again the '61 CSI get Roger's name correct...and Besso mi Cullo actually means PAINT the whole helmet blue.....

Golden Dome......Golden Dome......Golden Dome.....WE Big WE Bad WE be the IRISH!!!! 0 and 3 0 and 3......

Goblue

Post Number: 355
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yer gonna ta hell!!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 249
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What.....gonna.....We be Eastside Brothers and you are try'n to sell me out!!!! after actually four losses in a row you need a good psychologist....www.EducationalInsight.org and you will be helped...mention my name for a $40.00 discount....Please do not wear Maze or blue!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 363
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Geez.....the thought of FIVE in a row is enough to make a guy think about jumping!! Fortunately we live in a one story house!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Even the horses will know that you are VERy VeRY nervous during the weekend........It is still +12 for me and the ND crowd even though you seem to have dropped that subject.......-5 is only good in golf....ooops! You were and probably still are the golf pro...have a great weekend....relatives coming into town here in the hills.....but Sat afternoon will be a little tense.....

Goblue

Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually I'm somewhat disappointed to miss the ND game on TV...but we'll be riding in the Aspens (they're starting to turn yellow up there) in the mountains near Flagstaff. Leaving in the morning.

Actually haven't picked up a golf club in four years...started playing softball and other things got in the way...plus the guys I was playing with were/are a bunch of right wing "Bush is right...we gotta kick ass" types...it got to be a pain in the ass. Plus I got spoiled...used to have a membership at Pinehurst because we owned property there...the local Prescott public club ain't quite in that league...and I'm not about to drop $10K-20K for a membership in a club so I can listen to a bunch of wealthy Republicans bitch about paying taxes.

Regarding the visit to hades...seein' as howz I'm a deacon in the church I'll put in a good word...I'm certain that we can get you out on time served.

WHEN the Amazin' Blue get by ND we'll talk about the specifics of how you should deliver the amount due.

Eastside61

Post Number: 255
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB = I take back all those bad things I said about you to the CSI group and others.....and that asshole Bush is actually a spinalcord with Howdy Doody ears.....You would like the golf group I play with sometimes....they all hate him....Thanks Deacon I need all the help I can get.......but I still get ND +12

Goblue

Post Number: 367
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You got it...ND + 12...wire transfer the $20!!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 263
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Notre Dame HS who played in the big house last weekend does not count....I am glad that you can finally sleep through the night because 5 in a row would have been devastating and you might have moved to the mountains. Glad that the Aspens were great and the your corona was still ice cold...but the big buck are only a few weeks away.....GO GREEN and I am sure you will be offering me more that +12

Goblue

Post Number: 370
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No WAAY!! No points for the MSU game!! $20 straight up!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 266
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - please put down your AARP mag and head back to the Heilmann thread.....and even the bowling thread....Then you will be told the truth about who actually played last weekend in AA.....

Goblue

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hey...the AARP mag is not bad...especially the centerfold...amazing what they can do with digital photography.

Eastside61

Post Number: 268
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Right....and you were in on the ground floor when working for Fox studios on gratiot.....14 points you need...."cloud nine" as the Temptations used to sing about down in the SE neighborhood....Even up Boy!!!!

Goblue

Post Number: 380
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EVEN UP!!! That stuff that you introduce SH to must have damaged some core cells!!! With ND at 0-3 and the Greenie Weenies at 3-0!?!?!.....naw...gotta be fair here...I'll settle for 11 pts.

Heading for Seattle in the A.M. for a fun few days...back next Wednesday...meeting my WMU best friend and his wife who are from Chicago.

Eastside61

Post Number: 272
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - have a great time in S.....and quit clowning around as you would not even discuss points for last weeks game..and you want 12..... Its in golden domeville not in ELansing.....which would have 85,000+ spartans screaming their brains out.....as C Weiss tries to figure out his contract and by-out options....

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4158
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attn: All Denby Tars. Denby and the Denby threads are featured in this week's DetroitYES eNEWs.

Thanks all for a great thread!

Eastside61

Post Number: 275
Posted on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell - I admire you, GB and KR for making it possible for us to publish a stunning insightful social history of the EASTSIDE from 1950 to 1990......I hope you can write the introduction for this unique work....

Goblue

Post Number: 386
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I think you should start it off with a commentary regarding the Duchess Drive-In and your escapades thereabouts with SH!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 279
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Actually I need a chapter about the social scene during high school - Monday nights: TJ library on Outer Drive....Tuesday night: no homework ....Wednesday night: Total Social night....Lombardi's then it moved to Pippo's on E. Warren and Kensington...Thursday night; Brought books home - never opened ... Friday Nights: Heilmann (winters) Ballcuck (spring/summer) Football games, parties with SH and all of her HS sorority sisters.....and no studying...Weekends: MYF over at Mt Hope.....what a total non academic life ....How did we ever get into college???
GB - Did you go to college???? or just work as a caddy and go fishing at night at the foot of Lakewood with those SE girls....???

It was your generation that got the 61er's started....cuz I hung out with some of you older guysfor a while in the early days........

Will you help me with my chapter?????????? I know you are struggling with u OF m issues....this chapter might help you!

Goblue

Post Number: 392
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup...that pretty well sums up the TAR academic experience...for me it carried over into the WMU years. I studied one semester because the girl I was dating had a 4.0. She believed in the library attendance before a six-pack...tried to convince her otherwise but to no avail so it was a matter of following her lead. My dad couldn't figure out what happened when I had a 3.8 that semester. I didn't get serious about studying until U-M for the M.A...by then I was paying for it!

Yeah...I remember B.E. bitching about his smartass kid brother trying to snitch a beer...I told him to throw the kid in the river...glad you were able to swim out.

Since M is now 2-2 and the Greenie Weenies are 4-0 I would be willing to reduce my demand for 14 points to 12 with an option to increase if the storms return.

Note the "Bo" thread...its got all of the Weenies frothing at the mouth...I LOVE it!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 285
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I first thought that the "BO" thread was about your experiences as the first male roller skating car hop at the Duchess! The ghost of Bo lives on! B.E. was good to me in the early years at DHS....I think the book will go over 1000 pages...

Goblue

Post Number: 396
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Since silence is accepted as agreement I therefore formally accept M +12 for $20 vs. MSU.

Eastside61

Post Number: 288
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - since you have Bo helping you from the spirit in the sky....you get NO points and I get the spread plus whatever I determine.....

Goblue

Post Number: 399
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You have GOT to quit that home grown stuff!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 292
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Loved the book about Bo......Bo Diddley was a great guitar player and a great majorette for the u OF m for all those years....Do you still have your Bo Diddley 45 RPM's that you used to bring to the Columbus Elementary dances.....????

Goblue

Post Number: 403
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I was on a plane once...headed to Caracas with the great B.B. King...closest I ever came to a great guitar player...of course, he was in First with his group...I was back in Cattle.

Dances at Columbus!! Not in my time!! Clearly standards started falling after your brother and I matriculated to TAR land.

Eastside61

Post Number: 299
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Mrs Hester loved you.......all I can remember was that a lot of people....all standing around the sides of the gym....then we all went home......I did discover an old photo from the DNews..."Future Teacher Club at Columbus"......E E sitting next to SH, S. Wagner and not sure the other queen.....she probably lived on Fordham...it was the start of a long history in education......

Goblue

Post Number: 405
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oooh yeah...Mrs. Hester...it all comes back to me now...I assume that you mean EE next to the older sis...and yeah, mostly sitting around on the sides of the gym...I think occasionally they made us do a square dance.

Eastside61

Post Number: 303
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - What the big scoop about Brink.....Does he have news about SH?????? He lifted her ???????