Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through October 30, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 413
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Glad to see you're back...figured you were busy sucking your thumb after last Saturday...too bad...so sad!! Just to show that my heart is in the right place...since MSU is down to 4-1...and M is 3-2...note that I'm saying nothing about the Big Ten games...anyway...I am willing to drop my demand for points down to 11. So...11 points for $20 on Nov. 3!!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 305
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Are you riding through the aspens to your cash crop......The Mapleridge Mob will determine HOW MANY points I get......

Renee Morris....Mapleridge Mob Treasurer...

Goblue

Post Number: 417
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: MSU is on a roll...M is struggling...I get eleven!
Renee?? Renee?....the name rings a bell...or did once!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 308
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - She lived between Brock and Salter on Mapleridge......I should have been smarter about hanging out with women in the neighborhood ..........but no I have to walk over to Parkgrove.....or drive to Worden ......Haverhill , Bishop, Manning .... Neff......and I should have walked down the street.....

Goblue

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You likely done right! Bad practice to have 'em too close...trust me on that one! Sounds like you needed a GPS!

Eastside61

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - she was one that got away that one should have talked to more often....but U B right brother.....close could be dangerous

Goblue

Post Number: 425
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: BB has some interesting stories in that regard.

Eastside61

Post Number: 314
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - and his stories are on various podcasts????

Goblue

Post Number: 427
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Given the fox he's married to I would assume that he'd keep those data to himself. Did SH go for younger guys?

Eastside61

Post Number: 319
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - We will discuss BB in TC......SH was last seen dating a u OF m freshmen in 1988....go figure! Although I still have nightmares of Bill H shooting me for some strange reason.....I wonder if it was from the time that I ........??????

Goblue

Post Number: 429
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I think I read that right...she was dating a U-M freshman in 1988??....when she was...45?...come on!...say it ain't so!...say that yer just jivin'!

It truly is amazing that Bill H. never shot you...very likely your nightmares are due to that episode in the basement!

Eastside61

Post Number: 320
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB = As Frantic Ernie Durham used to tell us on the radio....Just Jiven' Around......Bill H always want to know if I knew this older Denby guy who lived over towards 7 mile.....

Goblue

Post Number: 433
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Whew!! Had me worried there...plus the fact that I was in AA in'88...if I had thought SH was there too the world might have looked different. To tell the truth I don't recall Bill H....but...I certainly do remember Mrs. H quite well.

Eastside61

Post Number: 325
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Bill appeared to be twice the size as Ed Budde......BIG....Like really BIG.......and Mrs was her teacher self......

Goblue

Post Number: 441
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Mrs. H. was a very nice lady and good teacher...but...still...messin ' with her daughter??...that would have been a good way to spend about 14 years in the second grade!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 328
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I should have given up my Jan Grad slot and then held back so that I could have hung out with SH even more.......She being a June Grad.....SH actually did spend a lot of time with Jerry Barlow and b some other guy from 59 - 60 era...but his name is not clear to me...I will try a YBook someday soon ...but the early days were exciting......and close to home!

Goblue

Post Number: 445
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SH was/is a class act..even from the minute time that I spent with her...she was fun...my sole date with her was to accomodate my buddy who wanted to go out with elder sis...the more I hear the more I regret that I didn't follow up on the relationship.

Eastside61

Post Number: 329
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I remember reading On the Beach for Norm Edelmann at Tarsville and the famous quote from the book... "There is Still Time"......so get back to the alumni page......Oh....you already have a Sandy in your life right???????? and the OLDER dude was a Tom somebody......I just got back from listening to Al Gore at De Anza College...who is very good I might say......and my Denby brain is on hold...

Goblue

Post Number: 450
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yup...there's an important Sandy in my life...I received the alumni info and just thought you'd be interested...I suddenly have a thought...the M alumni directory...I think I can get online access to it...SH would be listed...but...I knew you'd be interested in the homecoming event...SH is sure to be there.

I've never heard Al Gore in person...did see his movie...I think the guy is right on track and bright as hell...one can only guess how much better off this country would be if Justice Sandra Day O'Connor had been willing to consider the good of the country instead of her political party and not cast the deciding Republican vote that put Bush in office in 2000...no Iraq war...health care insurance for all kids...the social security issue resolved...our environment better protected...God, I get sick thinking about it. Its gonna take us two generations at least to repair the damage Bush/Chenny have caused.

I did see Bill C. a few months back at a Dem fundraising dinner in Phoenix...1300 people at the dinner...he spoke for 45 minutes without notes...absolutely mesmerizing...it wasn't a political speech...he talked about the need for policies that will sustain our planet for future generations. An absolutely incredible evening.

Off tomorrow for two weeks in Mexico...Mex City, Guadalajara and Monterrery...a gig for the Dept. of State Office of Overseas Schools...back at the end of the month.

Goblue

Post Number: 451
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Your CSI crowd will have a field day with this old photo that I just found in some files...as you know I worked at Fox Studio...shot various groups selling copies for a buck...it was enough to keep me (and dates) in beer...and automobile gasoline.

Older sis Sharon H. is in the front row on the far left...Roseanne Mancuso is front row far right...Peggy Geschke (sp?) is next to her...my old flame Sandy Reynolds is in the back row on the far left...I can name a few others but mostly cannot.
Denby Sorority

Goblue

Post Number: 453
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FLASH NEWS...ES61 is offering 3-7 points on a $20 friendly wager for the M-MSU game.

Eastside61

Post Number: 336
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - GoBlue has been in foreign counties once again trying to hide various illegal accounts from IRS detection.....GB while at grad school in Ann Arbor majored in "Off Shore Investments for Educators" Get your GPS out so that you can find your way to TC to buy the Strong Green Crowd several rounds....

Goblue

Post Number: 455
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: So...are you ready/willing to confess to any of the lovelies in the above pic?

(Message edited by GoBlue on October 28, 2007)

Eastside61

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - top row......Carol Koenig was hot for you - she lived on Outer Drive over by Berkshire......who is the blond in the middle of the third row??????? I am sure you knew her too.....Roseanne and peggy lived on Mapleridge.......

Goblue

Post Number: 458
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The blond in the third row is one that I keep thinking I must have known but cannot recall a name...your MSU CSI team will have a field day with this pic...Carol K...is she in the third row...third from the left?? How did you know about that issue!?

Eastside61

Post Number: 342
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Koenig is in row four...third from the right......but the blonde beauty I am sure has some history with you........and you did not tell Sandy Reynolds about her either......i have reviewed the photo again and I do remember two Koenig girls.....maybe she is also a Koenig.....I also think they did the white flight thing by '61....

Goblue

Post Number: 463
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: just did some yearbook research...the blond in the middle of the third row IS Carol Kroenig!! She's next to Pat O'Connor...who now lives in Arizona...about 100 miles from here. You got the name right but the girl wrong...that kind of mistake could get you killed in real life!! Not me...was always straight with SR...she was all I could handle so to speak!! How many guys get picked up at a dance by the queen of the cheerleaders...my mama didn't raise no fool!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 345
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB = Carol Kroenig had a younger sister.....name is not clear but will investigate after class tonight.....don;t stay up!

Goblue

Post Number: 466
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: If both of the Kroenig sisters were foxes equal to CK perhaps we both have a problematic history!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 346
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - They moved.....they left Outer Drive.....they will only get a sentence in the book....Foxes who left.....