Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through November 04, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 456
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I accept your offer of 3 points...wager payable in Canadian dollars if M wins...Mex pesos if MSU should somehow prevail.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 339
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - jet lag has affected your mind.....I will send by certified E-mail the point spread Sat morning.....in other news S and I were at a neighborhood function this afternoon and struck up a conversation with his guy.....bottomline is that his father grew up on the eastside.....denby grad around 1947....and he remembers going over to his grandparents house to go sledding down the hill at Ballduck......and who is rocket bozo.....who knew girls in the Celestine neighborhood....carol king and Barbara mckay....

Goblue

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The names Carol King and Barbara McKay ring a bell....but can't really place them....I still think the "Rocket" is SH's latest husband.

Eastside61

Post Number: 344
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Latest of how many???????? Rocket I am sure is from your side of Hayes......McKay lived on the corner of Saratoga and Queen - south side....and Carol King....who knows....but west of hayes...I think you should try to e mail all those in the other thread photo....looks like the Eastside History is going to be written by just us.......I think that the others have been frightened away by you....

Goblue

Post Number: 464
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm counting on your CSI group of Greenies to ID the fine ladies in that pic. Its probably best that we write the history...that way we'll know for sure that its true...or at least our version of it. The victors write the history. As soon as we ID the ladies we'll run your name past them...Who knows...you could go down as the father of the east side!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 348
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The CSI squad has been called into action.....but YOU have not moved one inch on figuring out ROCKETBOZO.......who I am sure lived west of Hayes.......remember your roots ...that was your old neighborhood....OH....sorry, I now remember that your old neighborhood was blown apart by some illegal fireworks and that four streets were leveled......and the epicenter of the explosion was once again the corner of Celestine and Fordham....and there are individuals who put all the blame on the DPD.....how sad!

Goblue

Post Number: 467
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Vito and his brother Antonio are hard on the trail of RB...and SH...these guys can find anybody!

Eastside61

Post Number: 349
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - good that you have hired former neighborhood Italians who were part of the the white flight reasons for the Eastside decline...

Goblue

Post Number: 472
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...these guys were there to protect the eastside.

Eastside61

Post Number: 353
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - They LEFT......I remember Enzo Dipuccio, Sal Spagnola, Dee Rozizi, Sam De Mercurio and all the rest! There is going to be a chapter about Moving Vans driving past 8 mile.....

Goblue

Post Number: 475
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oh yeah...now I remember...they OWNED the moving vans.

Eastside61

Post Number: 356
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - and they left us......Why did they do that Father Banana?????

Goblue

Post Number: 480
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I think they were heading to East Lansing...probably graduated magna cum laude...as opposed to your thank the lorde!

Eastside61

Post Number: 360
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - A good move then that had god's guidance.....E Lansing did have great pizza.......Back to the Fox issues.....we each get to list 100 we need to communicate with......maybe we can use your SR letter as a guide.....as to what we need to say......I am sure she still has it....but I know you can remember it word for word.....

Goblue

Post Number: 481
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Not me!! I remember NUTHING!! Remember?
One Hunnert!! My god ES no wonder you've gone blind!! I was just a quiet eastside boy...trying to learn from the leaders of the Mob.

Eastside61

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - OK OK! I became TBI one night in 1960 when Bill Hennick slapped my head around .....so you will need 10 inquiries and maybe I will need 3......but you were "Da Man".....and what did you say to SR....come clean

Goblue

Post Number: 488
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: AHA!! The truth comes out...caught in the act by her father!! Bill must have been a lousy shot with his .38.

I think SR and one of her girlfriends decided to go slumming at a dance...they picked up my buddy and me...there I was with the queen of the cheerleaders...it was great for my ego...plus a great evening watching the races down on Belle Isle in the backseat of his car...we dated for a few months after that...through the summer...by the time school started in the fall she was back to cheerleading and I think a football player...I was back to my lonesome sad life playing hockey...sniff.

Eastside61

Post Number: 366
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Heilmann anger management classes on the ice.....giving forearms in the corner......and high sticking guys.....My youngest daughter has been dating Jon Cheechoo of the Sharks for over a year and a half now......he just took nine stitches over his left eye.. I saw him last night and his eye has just started to open.....You hockey guys are all tough

Goblue

Post Number: 489
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...its all on the exterior...we're a bunch of marshmellows on the inside...e.g. I've never gotten over being dumped by SR...I still feel the pain...help me doc...help me...sniff, sniff.

Geez...he took nine stitches over the eye? He must not wear a mask...I think I'd be nervous about my daughter dating a hockey player!

I took seven stitches under the eye one time in a city championship game...it was on a Sunday morning...was home by the time my parents came home from church...my mother's only comment was "It wouldn't have happened if you'd been in church." She coulda cared less that we were city champs. Gotta love that kind of parental support. I looked like hell for a few weeks after that.

Eastside61

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - JC has NO interest in wearing the visor.....but he is one of the nicest humans alive....and he is lucky to be dating AAE and he knows it...and Your Mom is still looking after you by instilling in you your high values and educational insight....that why you are known as Dr. B Head.......

Goblue

Post Number: 494
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Good to hear about your boyfriend in-law...professional athletes can be an uncommon type...but then your daughter is a second generation TAR-type...even if both of her parents became Greenies...which initially says that she has good sense...but..on the other hand...still, good to hear that all is well.

My mother was...well...she was a curious person...a nurturing mother she wasn't...likely she suffered serious depression through much of her life. Could tell some real horror stories...most suffered by my older sister...I basically said "F___ it" and emotionally left home by the time I was 15...which is why the rejection by SR left such lasting pain...sniff, sniff.

Eastside61

Post Number: 370
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Come to TC in August to the retreat....sorry about the 15 yr old check out system....we do take in strays and would do some outreach so that we can discuss TARS into the night....which might include SR.....as for SWE - she is not a greenie....but a Husker from the Univ. of Neb.....'68.....so over the years I have gone to some winning games....except that the team wore red with N's on the helmet.....quit sniffing.....and go to CHEAPOAIR and start looking for flights to TC for late July 08......and what is the word on RBOZO....disappeared just like KR......

Goblue

Post Number: 497
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Geez!! Some shrink!! Here I am in deep pain over the rejection and lost love of SR and the only reaction is "quit sniffing". I'm planning to attend the '08 convocation in TC...sounds like the operation could use a little U-M type class! I'll bring shirts and hats for all.

Good Lord...Nebraska...I would have thought that a good midwestern girl like her would have had more sense! But then...you Greenies can be damn persuasive...still, I'm certain that her parents were terribly embarrassed.

Found a ticket to TC...website says to bring your own leather helmet...something about a former crop duster...but hey...$50 roundtrip AZ to MI...can't beat that.

Saw KR on another thread...something about Catholicism and getting in the habit...RB was likely just out on work release.

Eastside61

Post Number: 373
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - maybe we can meet in Motown....tour the urban wilderness which used to be the EASTSIDE and then drive to TC......Don't bring hats and crap....just bring money to keep the booze flowing....wait till they discover that you blew it with SR.....SJ was bad enough but I am sure they will grant you membership because of attending a direction school first.....and not being sucked into the u OF m undergrad gooofyness....

Goblue

Post Number: 499
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Meeting in Motown would work for me...sure we could tour the eastside...I'll remember to pack my .357!

I didn't blow it with SR!! In fact my opinion is that I performed quite well! Howsomeever...I did not have a letter in football...she didn't believe me when I told her that the opinion of the hockey crowd was that footballers were basically wusses...except for EB, of course!

Well...I guess I can say that I had a hell of a lot better time for those 4 undergrad years at WMU than I think I would have at M...especially since studying was not my strong suit...glad I went to grad school at M though...and had planned to do my doc there until WMU put too much money on the table to come there...at the time I had a wife, two kids, a mortgage, car payment...the whole catastrophe! I did come to regret the decision to not go to M though...and will admit that most of my friends did their's at MSU...they said something about not having to write a dissertation or take comps...just show up for classes...I understand that the application to be admitted was on the back of a book of matches.

Eastside61

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Nice story.....and I still be 8 (eight) and win all ties.....and we always rent a Hummer when headed to the prairie on the EAstSide.....it still 8.....just be quiet....

Goblue

Post Number: 502
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Which null hypothesis are you testing? 8 fails the t-test!

Eastside61

Post Number: 380
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - sure rub it in.....I have moved on!

Goblue

Post Number: 507
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I feel your pain!

Eastside61

Post Number: 384
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I am all better now because you will show some class in July with the CSI group and come through .... may be you can sing the "victors"........