Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through November 05, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmm....well now, let's not be hasty...foxes of that quality deserve a second chance...wonder where they went...Carol graduated in June '59...likely became a U-M student...I keep kicking myself for making the decision for hockey and beer instead of M foxes!!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Carol and Janet.........so it was only Janet who gave up on the Eastside.....maybe they will be remembered on the Foxes Photo Pages...

Goblue

Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I didn't know Janet...but I can tell ya...and the newly discovered pic bears it out...older sis was/is ONE HELLUFA FOX...I can only conclude that I must have taken a puck to the head to not have made a serious pursuit of her...although in my own defense...SR did consume my attention!

Eastside61

Post Number: 352
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - SR and that sappy stuff you used to do when you would sit in your Ford in the St Jude parking lot and listen to the bells....Cough! I always wondered who was next to you when you were listening......?????

Goblue

Post Number: 476
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...the parking lot was at Balduck...close to her home...she lived on Farmbrook closer to CP Drive from the Tuschaks. I don't think that SR ever saw me play hockey...it was a Spring to Fall thing...brief but intense...for the life of me I can't understand why I let CK walk away...unless perhaps she was dating Ed Budde.

Eastside61

Post Number: 357
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - CK was a "STONE FOX" as we used to say in the day......and remember ....EBudde was married while in high school.....so he didn't understand what Father Banana head was preaching to the D Club boys or....he used one of your leaky condoms.....so you can be linked to E Budde's marriage.....wow...another chapter in the making....ths is going to be a multi volume series......

Goblue

Post Number: 479
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: "Stone Fox"???...as in stone cold?? Oh man...don't tell me that...another memory/fantasy destroyed!! Yeah...you're right EB was married at the time...what's your point?

Eastside61

Post Number: 359
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Maybe we should have followed his lead...and marry a TAR while in 10th grade......His (Budde) children eventually attended Wayne Elementary where my father was an administrator....although he knew EB from his ref. Football games .... but would talk about him as a KC Chief and Parent...

Goblue

Post Number: 482
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Interesting...so EB moved back to Detroit after his KC Chief days? I know one of his sons played for S. Cal and I think into the NFL.

Eastside61

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - My dad talked about seeing him at back to school nights....etc....

Goblue

Post Number: 487
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: For some reason I had thought that he had stayed in KC...had heard a story about a bar brawl in which he was seriously injured.

Eastside61

Post Number: 365
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Maybe they had split up and the wife lived in the Wayne attend area

Goblue

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Her name is Carolyn...good lookin' babe but a little rough on the edges.

Eastside61

Post Number: 368
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - That is why you are the official novel historian......I wonder where E Budde went to grade school.....????

Goblue

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Good question...I have no idea...he just sort of appeared at TAR land in our freshman year.

Eastside61

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - And you told me you remembered every one of those 3000+ students........Sally J, Sandy R, Carol K.......and so on!

Goblue

Post Number: 496
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Foxes yes...Buddes no.

Eastside61

Post Number: 374
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - and you have not mentioned those from the lutheran youth group......or is that the SE experience????

Goblue

Post Number: 498
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That was the SE experience...the church was at Kercheval & Lakewood....she lived on Newport near Mack...thanks for reminding me!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 378
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Even though as a child my father went to that church....I am still praying for you as I have marked down 8 points for little Eddie from Eastwood......As Father Banana head would have told you....redemption is possible and burn all that maze and blue shit....I always followed his guidance.....8 for me ...8 for me...I still get 8.....

Goblue

Post Number: 501
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You been smokin' that California wacky backy again!

Eastside61

Post Number: 379
Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Prevent defence is lame in football and hockey...I am moving on the MSU Hockey repeating as National Champs......we will toast both schools in August.....

Goblue

Post Number: 508
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You got one there...MSU AND U-M play an outstanding brand of hockey...either one with a national championship would please me mightily...right you are...we'll toast them both...with your first round!

Eastside61

Post Number: 385
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The Green and White Class act which is a longtime tradition for us Greenies.....cuz we are truly loyal to a most mellow school...first round it will be......but some CSI recognition for the SJ investigation I am sure will be taken care of toooooooo! You did give me 4.....ha ha...and I win all ties......but I never needed them!

Goblue

Post Number: 509
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Amen...CSI investigation for SJ will be recognized...so long as the SR fiasco is forgotten! No...I gave you five...as in...high five...at the end of the latest version of "Hail to the Victors". BTW...I've organized a watching of the M - OSU game for the 200 M alumni here in the high desert...you, of course...are more than welcome...my counsel is that you NOT were Green & White.

Eastside61

Post Number: 386
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - 200......that will be a big time undertaking ......are these actual grads??????? No wanna BEEEEEEEEs allowed......It would be so cool if OSU goes down!

Goblue

Post Number: 515
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: 200 actual grads here in the high country...have no idea how many might show up...this is the initial effort.

Its happened before...M has dumped OSU when they were on a national championship bid...with a win M goes to the Rose Bowl again...we'll be in IN this time though...gotta visit SMcC's parents (she uses her own name) and my grandkids in Kzoo over Christmas. But...would be happy to send you my M sweatshirt if you wish to sneak into the festivities. Who knows...SH could be there!!

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 593
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so how much does eastsisder owe Gblue for this game?

Michigan is on a roll

Eastside61

Post Number: 390
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lefty - GB still owes me bail money when the DPD asked him to stay at the 5th Pct overnight.......I covered for him so that his parents would not be shamed out of the Celestine / Fordham neighborhood.....they wants so much for him......he went to Barber College on Mc Dougall and Gratiot and eventually worked at a shop on the corner of Moross and Kelly....he then went into a catering business in Arizona doing Alumni functions for community colleges and Junior Hockey programs.....he was written up in Hockey Digest in '96.....GB did turn his life around when his friends from E Lansing helped him find some long lost friends.....I know he will pay them back and not TURN his back on them......

Goblue

Post Number: 518
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lefty2: ES61 is in for $20 at this point in time...I'll keep working him to see if he'll double up on the OSU game...but for that one I need 21 points!

As you can see from his previous post if it weren't for his fantasy life he'd have no life! My gut hunch is that he burned out a significant number of brain cells doing all sorts of pharmaceutical items in his earlier days. The thing that confuses me is that his spouse...a very upright and proper lady with a strong midwestern background somehow or other was seduced into a lifelong partnership with him...I can only guess that at some point in her life she committed a grievous sin and this is her purgatory on earth...poor woman!