Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » THE GAME « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4004
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To those of you going to the Game tomorrow in Ann Arbor, please wear Maize and be loud.

There has been an extremely coordinated student movement to make the Big House far more intimidating starting with tomorrow's game, and besides, the Big Ten title, a Rose Bowl, and the ultimate bragging rights are on the line tomorrow at noon.

http://link.paciolan.com/viewm sg.cfm?n2001s337c1471514t338

There's also a chance of snow tomorrow morning. When's the last time it snowed before a UM-OSU game? That's right, 1997. It was magic...

GO BLUE BEAT OSU

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

to win you gotta have HART

No Henne, no Hart, no hope

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4616
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Being a Badger, having UM lose will knock them down even lower in the BCS.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4304
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell will be in the Big House thanks to a comp. Bring it on!

Look for a crazy bareback older guy in the north endzone with a large maize M painted on his frontside and a maize and blue face.

[That will ^ be The Rock. I'll be bundled up like the Michelen man.]

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 876
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some good memories of the series.
1. the time OSU players went through the M banner at midfield before the game.
2. the year one of the varsity members holding the banner blind sided the buckeye nut at mid field.
3. Biakabtuka getting 300+ yards against the #1 buckeye team.
4. Bo's last game at UM stadium
5. Woody tearing up the sideline markers
and many more

Mackinaw

Post Number: 4006
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, just throw some maize over that jacket, please.

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of Bo's death.

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at the game that Woody tore up the sideline markers what a trip..Does anybody remember Bringing kegs into the stadium..back in the late 60's-early 70' we use to bring it in every homegame no problem..sure was a different time compared to today.. Go Blue tear up those nasty Scarlet and Grey Boogiemen

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3129
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"the year one of the varsity members holding the banner blind sided the buckeye nut at mid field"

It was Olympic diver Bruce Kimball nailing the nut, and, boy, did that nut get mad.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 878
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a picture somewhere of that nut getting hit. I was at the game and saw the whole thing. THe Buckeye nut was pissed, he started beating the guy with his flag. I never knew that was Bruce Kimball. Does anybody know what became of Kimball, is he still in jail? That guy sure has had a sad life.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 949
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhG Z0ZnVDH8

OSU trying to take down the banner.

Lilpup

Post Number: 3130
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As of about four years ago Kimball was married with a kid and teaching at a school in Chicago. He was petitioning Illinois to get his drivers license back but was denied. Never getting a license again was part of the Florida judge's sentence in 1989.

Lilpup

Post Number: 3133
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this game really sucks

Henne and Hart have really damaged their NFL opportunities by returning this year. They would have done much better before this season of injuries and losses.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4630
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eleven points down and fewer than five minutes left. UM is now out of the top 25. Nothing could be worse for them than losing the final few games of the season for getting a decent bowl bid.

Now, all the Badgers need to do is beat 1-10 MN later this afternoon in order to move a bit higher up in the top 25...

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 549
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goodbye Lloyd, Hello Les!

<313>

Mackinaw

Post Number: 4010
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not really accurate, Lilpup. Though they'll deny it, they were slowed by injuries.

But this game comes to down terrible offensive line work. They didn't prepare hard enough for this game, and that's inexcusable. Yes, there were some critical drops, but that is not on Henne. Henne didn't have time. Hart didn't have holes. That's the OL.

Indeed, Detroit313. Lloyd will be remembered for some terrible late season performances, rather than a host of good ones from earlier in his career.

My throat is sore. At least the fans stepped up, if not the OL.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 131
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan needs a new Carr with Les Miles.

A sign I saw today

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4634
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carr will be around as the associate AD, in any event. So, he'll pretty much choose his successor.

Personally, let him stay. So that he could retire on a positive note. Also, he's been good for Wisconsin this year.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 132
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan needs a new Carr with Les Miles.

A sign I saw today

Mackinaw

Post Number: 4012
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw a sign that said "Les is More. Go Blue."

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1483
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, at least MSU won, and Western beat Iowa on the road.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 950
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With Carr beating OSU once in the last seven years he pretty much gave up any right to pick who's going to succeed him. I'm sure UofM will want his input, but they'd be crazy to let him pick someone who would more than likely be one of his current assistants.

Jim Rome interviewed Les Miles this past week and though he obviously couldn't say he was interested in the job it wasn't hard to figure out who Michigan's coach will be next year if Michigan is interested in LM.

Mackinaw

Post Number: 4016
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Les Miles is the perfect choice, combining the best of multiple factors. First, he is a Michigan man, and experienced, as a player, part of the 10 year war under Bo. That, and the fact that he's originally from northern OH, means that he fully understands the importance of one of Michigan's primary annual objections.

On the other hand, he has been around, and is worldly as far as coaches go. He has left Michigan and gotten perspective, and that will be valuable upon returning.

So sign him up.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 61
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mackinaw, I totally agree with you. I was teasing my nephew who is an LSU alum, and told him Miles would probably be Michigan's coach next year. He did not want to hear any part of it. I proceeded to tell him that LUS (cajun way of saying LSU) would pay for stealing Saban from the Sparties, by Michigan taking Miles. Remember those lousy bastards sending their Gulfstream G 4 to East Lansing to take Lou to Baton Rouge? I sure as hell do... I sure as hell hope it happens, Michigan needs to have a fire lit underneath their asses. It's hard for me to see 4 friggin' wins in a row by Tressel and the Fuckeyes...To me it's worse than watching the Loins lose 13 games last year...

Mackinaw

Post Number: 4019
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It 10 times worse than the Lions going winless, to me.

I'm also a diehard Tigers fan, but losing 4 straight to OSU eats at me at least about as much as the Tigers 13 straight losing seasons. When you're dealing w/ Ohio, it takes on something extra. The only comparison would be if the Tigers were swept in the playoffs by the Indians four straight years. Nothing in sports will make me sicker than hearing those OSU chants at Michigan Stadium.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.