Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through November 13, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 510
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll bring the CD of the M marching band with me...I'm certain the bar keep will put in on the local machine...over and over and over and over....etc.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 387
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - CD????? you mean a 78 rpm record......DECCA......RCA.... Columbia....and don't forget the paper record wrapper.....and bring the 8 mm film of the band tooooo!

Goblue

Post Number: 514
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: With luck a former band member will live nearby and will bring his/her tuba to entertain.

Eastside61

Post Number: 391
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I truly didn't know that the u OF m had a band......With some luck you will encourage your grand children to attend MSU....Its campus is second to none...and the academics are first rate and it did produce the CSI investigators.......think first before you start to belittle your TC friends.....who actually have not blasted you apart! for you remarks...Kermit was green, too

Goblue

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I have the greatest respect for the TC CSI Greenies ! But...educations have been sadly lacking...its time to learn the words to "Hail to the Victors"...and to show a little respect. Play your cards right and I'll ask SH to attend to teach the words to you privately.

MSU has a beautiful campus...it provides a good educational product...but let's not get confused here...they don't refer to Harvard as "Michigan East" for nuthin'! And...any grand kid of mine that goes to MSU gets cut out of the trust!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 396
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Harvard only has significance as a street on the Eastside....."Hail to the V"..........Only Aretha gets my respect.....

Goblue

Post Number: 519
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Aretha is a pathetic relic of the past! Saw her in her bloated glory a couple of years ago...she got on stage 30 min. late...bitched about how her dress didn't fit...small wonder since she must have weighed 280 lbs...did about 45 minutes worth and walked off the stage to a chorus of boos....it was disgusting.

Eastside61

Post Number: 399
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Who would ever pay money to see her.....You older guys always got sucked into that scam.......The SONG respect might still be found as a 78 on E bay.....but it was a 45.....and On CD at your local library.....I think for Christmas I will find the "78 version of respect and send it to radio free Arizona....do yo need needles for the old Philco???????

Goblue

Post Number: 523
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hail to the Victors on CD by THE University of Michigan Marching Band is #1 on the hit parade!

Eastside61

Post Number: 400
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Here you go again dating yourself.........The Hit Parade was watched by you and your family on a 10" Muntz TV....I did find the Vick Toors on E bay.....It will have some scratches and pops...but it can be played on your console......in HI FI.....

Goblue

Post Number: 531
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well okay...you're right...but it wasn't a Muntz...my dad didn't want to get one of those new fangled things until they had perfected them...we finally got an RCA...but...its #1 on the top 40 on Saturday afternoon radio...Casey Kassen!

Eastside61

Post Number: 406
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cassey - I see an SE '63 reunion.......on DYes! Is that class after the fact????? I better get back to my ring tones.....wow I am still in shock....I will poll the CSI group to see what ring tones they favor.......maybe we can help you find other Hit parade favorites....Patti Page, Vic Damone, Gogi Grant, Rosemary Cloney singing the viktooooors all the big ones...gotta go there's my phone ringing.....later...

Goblue

Post Number: 532
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Does MSU have a fight song? Can't say that I've ever heard it on national TV. I do understand, however, that the MSU flag is white...with "We Give Up" in green.

On the other hand Denby's song was loudly played last weekend after Navy beat Notre Dame! Perhaps we should consider copyright infringement action!

Eastside61

Post Number: 407
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The MSU fight song is actually known for its true spirit......How was it that the uOFm adopted a NAZI march ....Oh that's right the goose stepping 37 piece band in German helmets...it all fits now.....GO TARS

Goblue

Post Number: 537
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: MSU known for it true spirits? Hell...everyone knows that you can get 100 proof by distilling that stuff that was growing alongside the Red Cedar...but who would drink it?

(Message edited by GoBlue on November 09, 2007)

Eastside61

Post Number: 411
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Creativity is once again part of the MSU tradition.....we had the red cedar and you guys were still stunned by indoor plumbing...but as stated earlier....you will be with good people who will accept you....OH! I know it is a uOFm tradition but no shorts with laced shoes and black socks.....we can talk about appropriate wear in late June...just to help you!

Goblue

Post Number: 539
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll get my M hockey jersey dry cleaned for the event...it still has blood on it from the last MSU gathering I attended. I think that was the year we scored 6 goals in the third period.

(Message edited by GoBlue on November 09, 2007)

Eastside61

Post Number: 415
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Please .....clean it......we will be showing the video of MSU 07 NCAA championship.....What uOFm player did the bleeding????

Goblue

Post Number: 542
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually no blood on my M hockey jersey...but there was on my WMU jersey...some prick stole it from my dorm room along with my Gordie Howe autographed stick...played on the Bronco's first team...club sport at the time...had to buy our own uniforms.

Just for the record...I was cheering when the Greenies won the title!

Eastside61

Post Number: 419
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Father Banana Head before he would light up a "Mary Jane" told us about giving guidance to those who has been harmed and mistreated.......You really do not have to make up stories about the greenies......we have already reached out to you.....welcome....cough cough......I have a WMU jersey and GH stick available if you need them...and I have decided that your christmas gift will be given in July......so that the group can join in the giving of this great gift to our friend from AArbor*

* Cough.....I better get my Future fork shoveling again....it is getting a little thick here in LAH......

Goblue

Post Number: 545
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Let's have a little respect here okay?! Today was another sad day in AA...there goes the Rose Bowl!

Eastside61

Post Number: 421
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - What can I say.....another RED LETTER day.....like a W......for Wisconsin and a WIN! MSU will be headed to another bowl game too.....isn't football fun!

Goblue

Post Number: 548
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...it used to be fun! This year we're building character...the only guy I feel more sorry for (sort of) is my buddy from ND...but then I figure they deserve it.

Eastside61

Post Number: 424
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Don't cave in Father Banana....ND should never win a game EVER!

Goblue

Post Number: 551
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You're right....its just the Christian side of me feeling sorry for them...damn the Irish...damn them to hell forever! Play for a tie Ira! Disgusting!

Eastside61

Post Number: 428
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Now you got the spirit back Father B Head....instead of the rosary....do 69 "damn the Irish"......

Goblue

Post Number: 554
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You're fixated on that 69 aren't you? Gotta have something to do with SH!

Eastside61

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The smoke is clearing.....I see a football scoreboard.....and it says: Ohio State 69 uOFm 0......... remember NO wingtips with the all green and white socks outfit......send me the photo....

Goblue

Post Number: 560
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll send ya the photo from Scores Sports Bar...all 200 M alum from this area are gathering. I get 35 points for this game...right? Its a chance for ya ta get yer $20 back!

Eastside61

Post Number: 435
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - the greenies and white group will give you 35 a half......it is going to be a long day......show some class and wear some green to the M Alumni function.....