Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through November 20, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 564
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: 70 points for the game? You got a deal...my kinda bookie! Yeah right...green to an Amazin' Blue gathering...yeah, riiight!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - do you need more???? what ever you need.....

Goblue

Post Number: 567
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...of my many vices greed has never been one of them...70 will do...which means you got the first two rounds of Diet Coke in TC.

Eastside61

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Diet coke ?????? pretty strong drink for you Wolves......maybe they still sell Goebels....the beer of Ballduck Park.....Did SR down a few with you back of the hill?????

Goblue

Post Number: 569
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No Goebels...Strohs! No drinking at Balduck...cops made a regular patrol...SR was a good girl...she didn't drink...liquor was not quicker in that case.

Eastside61

Post Number: 443
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - chapter 8 - The SR secrets revealed..........and those cute navy cheerleading outfits....did Howie Travis who was a cheerleader in your era go to uOFm too????

Goblue

Post Number: 574
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SR was a good ol' girl!! God, I loved those cute little cheerleader outfits...with an emphasis on little!!

Howie very definitely attended the community college in East Lansing. I heard that he majored in psychology.

Eastside61

Post Number: 446
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I just read in the A2 edition of the STAR that Howie will be on the field this Sat. in a Maze/Blue outfit jumping around with all his other uOFm boyfriends.....Nothin' green there brother!

Goblue

Post Number: 578
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Nope...not a chance...HT is a Spartan...lives somewhere near you in San Francisco...saw his picture in the paper the other day leading a pride parade wear his MSU letter sweater.

(Message edited by GoBlue on November 15, 2007)

Eastside61

Post Number: 450
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The afternoon edition of the Az Star....is talking about HT and his boyfriend from the Fordham /Celestine Area.....HT is quoted about 'Wellington...something...." Bring HT's picture of you both in Prescottt Az....

Eastside61

Post Number: 454
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The Friday Morning edition of the Az Star....is talking about HT and his boyfriend from the Fordham /Celestine Area.....HT is quoted about 'Wellington...something...." Bring HT's picture of you both in Prescott Az from the uOFm alumni gathering........You guys were so into diversity and each other.......wow!

Goblue

Post Number: 582
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hope HT wears his MSU letter sweater...we need some entertainment.

Eastside61

Post Number: 456
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You are well aware that YOU knitted the MSU sweater for HT....which actually means "Missing some underwear"....you can explain it if you want or we all can try to forget it....

Goblue

Post Number: 586
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: For your sake...San Franciscan that you are...its probably best that we try to forget...and focus on SR and the photo of her in her cute little cheerleader uniform doing a full jump in the Navigator. Oh my...oh my...oh my...ah the summer of '58! At least I didn't get dumped for being a Greenie!

Eastside61

Post Number: 460
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - some info coming in from the CSI group that the Jumping cheerleader lives in TC..........could it be?????? Sorry! just got an e-mail that says that it is HT....you can invite uOFm alumni to the TC function if you want....maybe he can wear the msu sweater....just for you! Ha Ha.........Go Buckeyes!

Goblue

Post Number: 592
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Fuck the Bucks!

Eastside61

Post Number: 461
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Father Banana Head....your language is so colorful......hopefully you don't see a lot of "Sea of Red" replays....maybe I will send the ebay gift back and buy the video of todays game for you to cherish.......

Goblue

Post Number: 598
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: F you...and your horse and/or goats! We didn't lose today...the clock ran out before we could win it...we had them right where we wanted...they were tired as hell from running up and down the field.

Eastside61

Post Number: 466
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - the parts of the game I watched, which was very little -seemed to be in AA and at Michigan stadium.....where did you have them???? Seemed that they had you by the short hairs.....How long did the three alumni stay at the picnic table listening to the game on the radio.......I think Lloyd was running for his life as a coach......any comment?????? I won't make you suffer with the video and you still get your Green gift in TC....and 2 rounds and a life size photo of Howie....that you can hang on your closet door...no pun intended (cough)

Eastside61

Post Number: 467
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Don't miss out on the thread above......

Goblue

Post Number: 604
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: All 25 of us remained for the entire game on the wide screen singing "Hail to the Victors" at the top of our lungs...between pints of a fine Irish ale.

I think Lloyd is planning to retire.

Eastside61

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Good that at your age you can remember all the words......or were they on the wide screen just for you......Will LC also be moving to the rehab facilities in Pres. AZ?????? I wonder if he knows all the words to "hale to the vicks vapo song"

Goblue

Post Number: 612
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Mitch Albom said it best....paraphrased... Class is as class does! There's a reason that its THE University of Michigan.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting that BOTH Denby Tar threads are discussing Lloyd Carr. And it's the same people discussing it in both threads.

Goblue

Post Number: 615
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ain't it the truth...ain't it the truth...the problem is that ES is very old and keeps yelling something about someone named Howie...obviously an important person at some point in his life...he also keeps repeating himself...humor him a while longer...his wife will commit him to a home soon and we'll be able to get back to a meaningful discussion.

Eastside61

Post Number: 473
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Focus / GB - Glad that you are both new to the thread....Actual Michigan State University is the university of MICHIGAN......i have been able to secure three b/w photos of Howie walking hand in hand with someone in a nehru jacket....with a CC of D duffle bag and a hockey stick.....they are on the corner of Celestine and Fordham....the date on the border of the photos is 1958.....I hope it is this guy who used to hang out at Ballduck....

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2907
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know Bob Dennerly or his sister Laura - both grads in the late 70's

Goblue

Post Number: 616
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobj: Sorry...long after my time...I'm class of '59...I think ES was class of '34...he's got grandkids in their mid-50's. My folks moved from the eastside in the early '70's. Just for more information...have you checked the Delphi Forums website...there's a Denby thread there also...or Classmates?

ES: There you go again...now just calm down...I know that Howie was really important to you at one time...have you looked for him around downtown San Fran? Just don't worry...we'll locate him for you.

Coincidentally my buddies and I hung out at Balduck...with SR, ST, SH, SJ, PW, PM...to name a few.

Eastside61

Post Number: 476
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Your buddies listed were all in ROTC with you right????? Maybe those Celestine / Fordham photos will show all you GUYS in uniform

Goblue

Post Number: 619
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually...I don't recall that any of the Fordham-Celestine guys were in military uniform...they gave a war and never invited me...that or the invitation got lost in the mail...I was a little too old...not sure how the younger guys missed it...unless it was their police records. Only one of my friends...best friend actually...was drafted...right after WMU graduation...and he was stationed in Germany.