Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through November 21, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - No socks must be an Eastside thing.......I have been there stylin' with the no socks look.....

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 571
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: An Eastside thing in the summer...of course back then there actually was such a thing as snow!

Eastside61

Post Number: 444
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - and remember Barracuda Jackets....with the plaid lining...You college guys from '59 surely wore them.....I actually worked at Van Horn's Eastland store.....that could be a a chapter too.....

Goblue

Post Number: 573
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hmmmmm....used to buy clothes at Van Horn's Eastland. Did you sell me the gold Nehru jacket?

Eastside61

Post Number: 448
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - VH's was a VERY interesting place to work......I tried to stay away from anyone interested in those weird - fad type clothing....
It had to be the hay-day for EASTLAND.....did you wear the N Jacket to all the school board meetings......and Suptint. conferences????

Goblue

Post Number: 576
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No...the gold N jacket with light green bell bottoms, turtle neck sweater, wellington boots, long sideburns and mustache were during my principal days...man that was REALLY stylin'!

I'm certain you were the guy who conned me into that outfit!

Eastside61

Post Number: 449
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Bob Bullard (manager) made all the $$$ and Sol Rothenberg was the only commission sales person......we were just there for the fantastic hourly wage and the ability to talk to all women who came into the store.....did you wear the above outfit to the uOF m graduation...I hope so!

Goblue

Post Number: 580
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It was post U-M...the last time I saw it one of my kids had borrowed it for Halloween. Van Horn was a classy place...bought plenty of clothes there.

Eastside61

Post Number: 453
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - are you really going to watch the game?????? I've decided to make some $$$$$ psych testing a HS student to assist with understanding learning style during the game.......We from MSU continue to out reach into the community for the good of our youth.....

Goblue

Post Number: 583
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Absolutely...the 200 M alums of the Prescott area are gathering...glad to hear that you finally decided to go out and earn a living...social security doesn't go far...be careful that the kid doesn't steal your car.

Eastside61

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I will be suggesting to the parents about a Residential Treatment center in Pres. Az.....and the headmaster is totally together......I hope this is a sports bars so that other games can be watched toooooooooo! Its OVER! and the TC gift has arrived and it is even better than anticipated......VERY classy and really cool! You have to display this and show all 3 of your uOFm alumni who live with you....

Goblue

Post Number: 585
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That's great news...we have a wonderful boot camp here...on weekends the inmates...uh...trainees...work alongside the roads picking up trash...pay no attention to the chains connecting their legs...they're really more like jewelry.

Other games to be watched? What other games? You mean to tell me there are other games being played tomorrow!

Had a great thought today...named half of one of our horses Spartie! You guess which half!

Eastside61

Post Number: 459
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR - sure has your number.........and she is GREEN, TOO! I am sure a lot of uOFm students were participated in the program....you guys always looked good in chains.....were you linked to HT????

Goblue

Post Number: 593
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR - ES: GO BLUE!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 462
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - wow your vocab. is growing......"go blue" (2 words) and "Fuck the bucks" (3 words)......what a school .what an education .was "Fuck the Bucks" the Masters Degree in total???? and someone signed off on it....I wonder what the cover page looked like???? Oh! it was colored in.....blue and corn....GREAT!

Goblue

Post Number: 596
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: AND.....the horses that both they...and you rode in on!

Eastside61

Post Number: 464
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Nice exciting game.....are you for real!.weather was bad...boring plays ....... no spirit......and just plain bad.....bye bye Lloyd! Speaking of horses.....it was Horse Shit for sure!

Goblue

Post Number: 600
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Don't know what your weather is like today...our's is 72 and sunny...beats the hell out of 36 and rainy...when I had season tickets I used to wait until Wednesday before the OSU game to check the weather before deciding whether or not to sell them for a couple of hundred apiece...today I would have sold!

Eastside61

Post Number: 469
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Sold is right......Lloyd sold the whole farm...Oh sorry that is MSU talk......the game had little spark......Lloyd's 4 and out plan seemed to lack a little imagination..........but the greenies are still learning from our elders in A2......

Goblue

Post Number: 602
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Henne's shoulder separation didn't help...he was not throwing well...and when he did no one could seem to hold onto them...especially near the end of the first half...M should have gone into the half with a 10-7 lead.

Its damn well about time that you Greenies start to pay attention instead of sleeping through every lecture!

Eastside61

Post Number: 472
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - get real....you have talked for months about the academic standards at the uOFm......Lloyd's program of "Inner City" outreach for Detroit, Pontiac and Flint and various ghettos in Ohio.....didn't pay off.....we weren't sleeping as MSU does demand higher standards of excellence.....some of us were saving the planet, some doing research, working with the less fortunate or other good deeds.....so and you guys gain knowledge by watching a boring game......so back to your TV remote and all the reality shows that originate out of A2....like Henne's Life at the training table......I will still buy you all the beer you need in July!

Goblue

Post Number: 611
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: All riiiiight!! There's what I've been waiting to hear...KR and all of the other TARs have seen it...and all are invited to join us in TC........EASTSIDE61 IS BUYING!

Eastside61

Post Number: 475
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TARS: The MSU/Denby reunion is ON for late July 2008 in Traverse City......I am buying GB and KR all the booze they need.......total package.....they will not have to spend a dime that night....Hey! what are friends for......just ask GB about ES demonstrating a whole hell of a lot of class......Eastside 61 is the MAN! We Big.... We Bad.... We be Denby.......Thanks GB for guiding me all those years......

Goblue

Post Number: 618
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Aw shucks...think nothing of it...I'm just sorry that I didn't guide SH away from you! KR and I...and as many TARS as we can round up in a borrowed school bus...will be in TC in July 2008 for the U-M/MSU/TAR reunion! What a class guy...nothing but the best for his friends... none of this Bud or Bud Lite pissy water...nothing but the best!

Eastside61

Post Number: 478
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Whoa! slow down GB......MSU/TARS.....no mention of uOFm but i know that when you were asked to leave the Superintendency you were offered a job driving a yellow bus....so you can fit in for the reunion......we will bring you your Keystone to the bus...as you wait for us who will be inside the pub.....uOFm ?????? This is going to be a real party.....

Goblue

Post Number: 622
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: RIGHT...a real party! That's why its M/MSU/WMU and the TAR nation! I'll borrow one of the big busses from a buddy...they hold at least 80. No Keystone shit...Irish Harpst or Smithwick, Heineken, Pacifico...would also consider some good German. We'll make certain that SH has a good seat...on your lap...smile pretty for the camera!

Eastside61

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - SH wants to sit right next to you in the drivers seat....She keeps mumbling something about "Ballduck".....and I am glad that you did recognize KStone as a former brew of choice or circumstance (affordable comes to mind) ....TARS or linked to TARS should be the theme.....

Goblue

Post Number: 623
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Agreed....TARS or linked to TARS...wannabes in other words.

Eastside61

Post Number: 485
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You are coming around......I hope to have life sized photos of SR and SJ.......so that you can slow dance one more time ..... the hair portion will be sprayed with hair spray so it will take you back to those Denby Dances.....You do dance right? Maybe you can demo some dance moves while you are driving the bus.....

Goblue

Post Number: 626
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No need to have life size photos of SR and SJ...I'll simply use photo software to expand the photos we have from the yearbook and prom. Dance? My friend yer talkin' to the White Stevie Wonder! But...I will admit that the dancin' was in private!

I assume that you are still the King of Polka...as per your eastside reputation. Weren't you a special visitor on the Lawrence Welk show? And you wonder why SH dumped you and headed to A2!